Give me your Top 3 canidates...

Anybody hearing that Sark might want to get back into a HBC position. Not sure if we could wait until the end NFL season though? Could we hire him in early December, then announce he can stay w/ Falcons through playoffs?

He wouldn't be my first choice, but I think Greg Schiano could be a good hire.

Solid coach. However all the LWS talk indicates the preference is to go for an offensive coach. That is why I don't think they will be looking at Pruitt. GA just got lucky with Kirby. Historically, most Defensive Coord hires ahve not panned out at the rate the O-minded have.

I appreciate the work that you put into this and think it's worthy of its own thread/discussion.

I bolded the guys that I think would listen or be worth a shot. I bet we get Norvell. Also, could see Bill Clark.

Memphis fan here. This is a well thought out list, I totally agree about Fuente - it will be difficult to get him out of Blacksburg. We are well aware that Norvell is being mentioned in both UT and Ole Miss circles among others.

The popular theory is that his dream job is Arkansas.

We don’t expect him to stick around too long - he is another Jimmy Sexton client.

Reactions: 1 person
Anybody hearing that Sark might want to get back into a HBC position. Not sure if we could wait until the end NFL season though? Could we hire him in early December, then announce he can stay w/ Falcons through playoffs?

Dude would be off the wagon in a week

I support the idea of hiring a guy who knows and can coach offense. More than anything, we have been afflicted by bad offenses and bad offensive coaching over the last nearly 20 years. Not our only problem, of course--but our most consistent problem.

I support the idea of hiring a guy who knows and can coach offense. More than anything, we have been afflicted by bad offenses and bad offensive coaching over the last nearly 20 years. Not our only problem, of course--but our most consistent problem.

You are correct! I vote for John Chavis!

x0osgyC.jpg

Im just wondering if Matt Campbell from Iowa State would be a viable option. He is a much stronger candidate then many that are being named, the kid can flat out coach and he has won at every level he has been at. My opinion, much better coach then Fleck, Brohm, and Petrino

Im just wondering if Matt Campbell from Iowa State would be a viable option. He is a much stronger candidate then many that are being named, the kid can flat out coach and he has won at every level he has been at. My opinion, much better coach then Fleck, Brohm, and Petrino

He can’t recruit. No thanks!

He can’t recruit. No thanks!

When you make statements like its a fact before doing any research you sound ignorant. Google is a place to start. Do your research. Known as a great energetic recruiter. Here is an excerpt from an article even when he was still at Toledo.

One of the reasons Campbell has been a high-profile assistant coach for the Rockets is his recruiting ability. That is the lifeblood of any good college program.

Rivals.com named Campbell one of the top recruiters in college football. He was the only Mid-American Conference coach to be named.

I’m impressed with Dino Babers. Players coach, enthusiastic, and beat Clemson with far inferior talent at Syracuse.

When you make statements like its a fact before doing any research you sound ignorant. Google is a place to start. Do your research. Known as a great energetic recruiter. Here is an excerpt from an article even when he was still at Toledo.

One of the reasons Campbell has been a high-profile assistant coach for the Rockets is his recruiting ability. That is the lifeblood of any good college program.

Rivals.com named Campbell one of the top recruiters in college football. He was the only Mid-American Conference coach to be named.

I musta missed the top 10 classes he’s bringing into Ames.

Solid coach. However all the LWS talk indicates the preference is to go for an offensive coach. That is why I don't think they will be looking at Pruitt. GA just got lucky with Kirby. Historically, most Defensive Coord hires ahve not panned out at the rate the O-minded have.

I think what your seeing now is Kirby laying Saban's template over the entire UGA program. I think he's a better X's and O's guy than we think and he's probably the best of the branches off the Saban tree. Lucky is what we got last year against them. He's building a powerhouse.

I musta missed the top 10 classes he’s bringing into Ames.

Oh yeah because that is a genius statement... Iowa St getting Top 10 classes. At least use google, I'm even spelling it for you to help you out. Was Saban getting Top 10 classes at a better program (Michigan St) when he was there? He wasn't - what's your next bright answer going to be?

Oh yeah because that is a genius statement... Iowa St getting Top 10 classes. At least use google, I'm even spelling it for you to help you out. Was Saban getting Top 10 classes at a better program (Michigan St) when he was there? He wasn't - what's your next bright answer going to be?

And this is what I love about the folks! This. Is. Common. Sense. All. Day. Long.

Flash, people on here don’t buy that excuse. I pointed out the very exact same thing about Dan Mullen. He develops talent, he is a competent coach, and he runs efficient offenses.

However to the masses, a coach should be able to recruit 4/5 stars at any place if they are a good coach.

Glad to see there are other competent people on this board.

Really hope Grand Vol is paying attention.

And this is what I love about the folks! This. Is. Common. Sense. All. Day. Long.

Flash, people on here don’t buy that excuse. I pointed out the very exact same thing about Dan Mullen. He develops talent, he is a competent coach, and he runs efficient offenses.

However to the masses, a coach should be able to recruit 4/5 stars at any place if they are a good coach.

Glad to see there are other competent people on this board.

Really hope Grand Vol is paying attention.

You. Did. Not. Answer. The. Question. Why didn't Saban recruit at that level at Michigan State, why didn't Urban Meyer recruit Top 10 classes at Utah. You can not be THAT dense. Just say you don't want him to be UT Coach, I'm fine with that but don't just spew garbage as fact.

You. Did. Not. Answer. The. Question. Why didn't Saban recruit at that level at Michigan State, why didn't Urban Meyer recruit Top 10 classes at Utah. You can not be THAT dense. Just say you don't want him to be UT Coach, I'm fine with that but don't just spew garbage as fact.

Flash, you obviously haven’t paid attention the point I was making. I was being sarcastic about the top ten class rankings.

I totally agree with your points. However, there are people are here that say a good coach should be able to recruit anywhere regardless of school. I agree with you.

Some people on here do not.

VN Store

Back