Game Thread Lady Vols vs LSU

Jaime at the line again.

She's such a great rebounder even though she did miss one.

Good job Jaime.

Our offense has gotten stagnant the last five+ minutes. We need to get DD going.

Nunn is so much better on the block than Russell in my opinion and is a better rebounder. If she was 6'6" we'd be really scary imo

Reactions: 2 people
Qui needed 3 rebounds to get 1000 rebounds. She got it.

CONGRATULATIONS Shaquilla Nunn!

Qui gave us a lift in that second quarter. Diamond has not scored she could go off in the third.

I think we only had two turnovers and they had two a well played game. The difference right now is our scoring inside.

One new, and good thing I've noticed about Russell...she looks like she has made a commitment to rebounding in the last couple of games! You know the saying...the chicken makes a contribution...but the pig makes a commitment! lol I want Russell playing like a PIG!! Go Mercedes!!!

Looks like she's not. Bye kortney

The refs called her for a foul on Moncrief. The replay showed Kortney didn't even touch her.

Also Kortney attempted to pass the ball at the top of the key to Diamond. The only problem Diamond didn't even move towards the pass to catch it.

Still happy though that Kortney got into the game.:)

Russell reminds me of a baby deer. Like she just doesn't completely have her legs under her. Granted she might get fouled (Without getting the call) more than any one in college basketball (men or women). But when she, a 6'6" center, brings the ball down and dribbles away from the basket, she isn't going to get those calls.

The refs called her for a foul on Moncrief. The replay showed Kortney didn't even touch her.

Also Kortney attempted to pass the ball at the top of the key to Diamond. The only problem Diamond didn't even move towards the pass to catch it.

They ran a nice set play for her and got her a great look.

Reactions: 1 person
Boxscore says we have 7 turnovers to their 2. Russell with three. We are hitting 50 percent of our shots.

Love seeing Mercedes Russell and Schaquilla Nunn in the game at the same time.... with Diamond DeShields, Jaime Nared and Jordan Reynolds

Reactions: 4 people

If KD could knock down a shot, she'd play. That was a weak pass she made to diamond on that turnover.

We come out flat as a pancake. If this was next year Nared would stay in and a new four would go in.

Nice promotional video on MeMe. :)

Kudos and a major shout out to MeMe!

She got her scoring up and it's noticeable.

Frosh season 1.0
Soph season 5.0

Her stats are a big improvement from last season. A big plus for the team. And I am liking her starting over Alexa because of her defense.

Also her corner 3pt shot is going to be legend. That shot during the Notre Dame game solidified that. I can visualize MeMe hitting some more of those shots in the tourney. Maybe a buzzer beater?

Good job MeMe!

If KD could knock down a shot, she'd play. That was a weak pass she made to diamond on that turnover.

It was a weak pass...telegraphed to the point that anyone could see that turnover coming! She's pressing...she wants to contribute...and right now, she is just struggling.

VN Store

Back