Game Thread Lady Vols at Long Beach State

If we weren’t lights out from three this game, we’d only be up by 10 or 15. They keep talking about limiting turnovers, but I don’t see it in games. Our man defense just isn’t that good.

well the stream sucked :) but it did smooth out in the 4th quarter a bit

I didn't get the replays taking time out from live play :)

Reactions: 1 person
Not a good game...too many TO's...Nared had a bad game...bench is not remotely ready for prime time...Hayes still playing marginally in control and showing poor judgement at times...various people kept getting lost on defense...not boxing out consistently. Meme's outside shooting was a huge bright spot...without that our deficiencies would have been even more glaring on the scoreboard. Hopefully we got all this out of our system before the Stanford game.

maybe the audio and video weren't exactly in time back in the ole days?

I liked that he would describe the action, not just gab about BS all game long. John Ward GOAT
I agree his color commentary was the best but even he admitted to making up plays to catch up with action lol...it was quite entertaining.

Not a good game...too many TO's...Nared had a bad game...bench is not remotely ready for prime time...Hayes still playing marginally in control and showing poor judgement at times...various people kept getting lost on defense...not boxing out consistently. Meme's outside shooting was a huge bright spot...without that our deficiencies would have been even more glaring. Hopefully we got all this out of our system before the Stanford game.

sounds like a bunch of freshmen :)

Reactions: 2 people
say what you want about the effort

the mighty Lady Vols of Tennessee are still undefeated :)

with a boat load of Freshmen

Reactions: 4 people
Our top 7 are solid on defense but dang we really drop off after taking any combination of 2 of our three starting front line out. Just really get slow and leave the 3 wide open. Luckily we have a lot of good scorers and can score in bunches. This was our worst game of the year. Was this our first true away game ( playing on someone's home court)? At least we beat the crap out of them rebounding. Wake up call ladies Stanford is next!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Meme POG, Evina had a pretty good game minus the five turnovers, Hayes also had five turnovers.
Again, they are great guards, and I don't understand why the turnovers have not come down. I know they're freshmen, but they have to elevate their game for SEC play and Notre Dame.

Meme POG, Evina had a pretty good game minus the five turnovers, Hayes also had five turnovers.
Again, they are great guards, and I don't understand why the turnovers have not come down. I know they're freshmen, but they have to elevate their game for SEC play and Notre Dame.

They will only come down when it's a priority for the team and clearly it's not now.

Our defense was worse then it was against Texas because, I feel, the Lady Vols were not concerned about losing against LBS and they did not have the same focus they had against Texas. We had far too many turnovers which was more, or less, the lack of focus. This was not our best game but we held LBS at bay. We are starting to play like a top ten team, when we do not play well, we still win.

On offense Holly needs to call time outs when the team starts jacking up 3’s without looking for the best shot, or doing it for the hell of it. Yes, this game was not in doubt, however, a coach should never quit coaching and correcting game issue no matter what the game situation is.

Reactions: 2 people
Some of yall complain just to complain!

They wont be perfect and mistakes are going to be made! Would we like them to improve be better yes but they’re winning and at the end of the day, that’s all that matters!

Reactions: 6 people
Quite a few are passing with subs. They are both very much rhythm players and that takes times with the subs. I don't mind their turnovers when they are being aggressive on offense. Quite a few of Hayes were passes that should of been caught but subs don't have good handles. They are learning and improving. This was their first real away game. We will see how they handle Stanford's gym and home cooking refs. I think like you, they were looking ahead today instead of playing the game and team on the court. 1 game at a time, one play at a time.

Last edited:
Some of yall complain just to complain!

They wont be perfect and mistakes are going to be made! Would we like them to improve be better yes but they’re winning and at the end of the day, that’s all that matters!

They're winning right now and that shouldn't be all that matters. Unforced turnovers are becoming a habit and it's nothing wrong with expecting them to tighten up now. Because the longer it continues the harder it's going to be to break. When they're in a close game you don't want it to come back and bite them in the butt.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back