Game Thread Lady Vols at Long Beach State

We had the three ball going today 8 already. Need to put them away in the third and let the bench play.

Nine first-half turnovers and Westbrook has 3 of them. The outcome of the game doesn't seem to be in doubt but I would like to see better ball control in the second half. Nice three-point shooting to start the game by Jackson, Westbrook and Davis (finally!).

Hayes needs to slow down and learn when and how to use her speed. Russell had a few nice fast break layups and a massive block. LBST is clearly overmatched but the Lady Vols need to maintain their standard of play.

Reactions: 1 person
Gah. We don’t look sharp today. I don’t mean to be too critical, but meme is the only player that seems eager to play, maybe Westbrook. I’m tired of these turnovers.

Jaime got it together in the last half of that quarter got on the boards and made some plays.

We're not playing all that well...OK but not great. There was a huge dropoff when the bench came in in the second quarter. We'll see what happens this time around.

I’m impressed with how active Russell has been on both ends of the floor. She’s sprinting down the court in transition. Her active hands have caused deflections and steals. Love her mobility and hope it continues.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back