Game Thread: #5 Tennessee (19-11, 10-6 SEC) vs #1 South Carolina (30-0, 16-0 SEC) Saturday 3/9/24 ~4:30 pm ET (ESPNU)

I'm pretty sure Elvee was even negative on CPS while Parker was leading them to back to back. I remember they were really on fire in the early -mid 2000s. Don't remember the ellipsis though...
I'm seriously worried something not good may have happened. Otherwise I can't imagine Darth passing up the opportunities last Saturday brought him. He's cyber lived for that moment for 5 years.

I'm seriously worried something not good may have happened. Otherwise I can't imagine Darth passing up the opportunities last Saturday brought him. He's cyber lived for that moment for 5 years.
Sometimes you just sit back and watch.

John Adam has never been liked by many folks for not being a homer, both In Baton Rouge when he wrote for the local paper as a LSU graduate and here in Knoxville. That never bothered me about him. In general though, I think his knowledge of women's basketball in limited and thus he often is quite simplistic in his commentary about it. Also, I am sure he gets a lot of stupid mail to respond to, but he seems to purposely pick from those to respond to in the paper and never anything that sounds particularly nuanced or intelligent. It reminds me of someone who is trying to make themselves look smarter by comparison.

John Adam has never been liked by many folks for not being a homer, both In Baton Rouge when he wrote for the local paper as a LSU graduate and here in Knoxville. That never bothered me about him. In general though, I think his knowledge of women's basketball in limited and thus he often is quite simplistic in his commentary about it. Also, I am sure he gets a lot of stupid mail to respond to, but he seems to purposely pick from those to respond to in the paper and never anything that sounds particularly nuanced or intelligent. It reminds me of someone who is trying to make themselves look smarter by comparison.
He earns his money for the job hired to do in 1987. Create different views through opinion articles to stir up traffic for the KNS.

I hope not. There was the other poster here before…the one who worked for a university who had a health issue. I don’t think she’s been back since. Yes, I get that Darth rubs people the wrong way, but it’s just a message board.

Years ago on the ESPN board, there was this UConn fan who was diagnosed with cancer. And one of the other posters was mocking him right up until he died, and continuing afterwards. I really hope karma caught up to “her” in the worst way possible.

I hope not. There was the other poster here before…the one who worked for a university who had a health issue. I don’t think she’s been back since. Yes, I get that Darth rubs people the wrong way, but it’s just a message board.

Years ago on the ESPN board, there was this UConn fan who was diagnosed with cancer. And one of the other posters was mocking him right up until he died, and continuing afterwards. I really hope karma caught up to “her” in the worst way possible.
Do you mean StLVol? I wonder all the time how she is. She was a great poster.

Yes, I get that Darth rubs people the wrong way, but it’s just a message board.

I'm sorry, but Darth did a lot more than just rub people the wrong way. They mocked individual players, they mocked the coaches, they mocked anyone who wanted to say something positive, they were uniformly derisive of everything. Always making snide comments, always saying anything to stir people up and make fun of them for supporting the program. Nothing to say when Tennessee did good. Plenty to say whenever Tennessee did bad. Derogatory commentary, nonstop.

I remember when Tennessee had that great start a few years ago, where they went 13 or 14-1, and Darth went silent for weeks - had nothing to say while Tennessee was on its big winning streak - and then Ashlynn Shade announced for UConn and, all of a sudden, there was Darth to make some pissy comment about not only Tennessee whiffing on her, but the people who thought she was coming to Tennessee.

That's a whole hell of a lot more than "rubbing people the wrong way." It was a constant parade of adversarial and antagonistic behavior. They were only here to make fun of everything.

I'm sorry, but Darth did a lot more than just rub people the wrong way. They mocked individual players, they mocked the coaches, they mocked anyone who wanted to say something positive, they were uniformly derisive of everything. Always making snide comments, always saying anything to stir people up and make fun of them for supporting the program. Nothing to say when Tennessee did good. Plenty to say whenever Tennessee did bad. Derogatory commentary, nonstop.

I remember when Tennessee had that great start a few years ago, where they went 13 or 14-1, and Darth went silent for weeks - had nothing to say while Tennessee was on its big winning streak - and then Ashlynn Shade announced for UConn and, all of a sudden, there was Darth to make some pissy comment about not only Tennessee whiffing on her, but the people who thought she was coming to Tennessee.

That's a whole hell of a lot more than "rubbing people the wrong way." It was a constant parade of adversarial and antagonistic behavior. They were only here to make fun of everything.
I don’t disagree with anything you said. His role on this board was basically the Town Troll. Even then, that’s not the sort of thing where I’d wish ill on him.

Always making snide comments, always saying anything to stir people up and make fun of them for supporting the program. Nothing to say when Tennessee did good. Plenty to say whenever Tennessee did bad. Derogatory commentary, nonstop.
winning cures all

If people get offended by message boards, then maybe message boards aren’t for them.

winning cures all

If people get offended by message boards, then maybe message boards aren’t for them.

"Winning cures all" has nothing to do with the situation. That's irrelevant. People are responsible for their behaviors. They had a lousy attitude and they were not here to participate, they were here to taunt and disparage everything. It's all they did. They NEVER participated except to antagonize. And "if people get offended," maybe -- JUST MAYBE -- it's because that person's behavior was offensive.

Not that it matters, "maybe message boards aren't for them" is a lousy defense of it to begin with.

Darth's silence is seriously out of character. We do sometimes forget that there are real people behind the posts and avatars, who can fall ill or be in accidents. Hopefully, Darth's okay. In some ways, he was outed more than just having a name accidentally made public. Darth's game was playing the concerned fan who is worried about the direction of the program. He carried that through pretty well through the Holly years but of late, he just became a recognized troll and no one bought the fan posturing. Maybe Darth lost interest when he could not provoke in the same way.

"Winning cures all" has nothing to do with the situation. That's irrelevant. People are responsible for their behaviors. They had a lousy attitude and they were not here to participate, they were here to taunt and disparage everything. It's all they did. They NEVER participated except to antagonize. And "if people get offended," maybe -- JUST MAYBE -- it's because that person's behavior was offensive.

Not that it matters, "maybe message boards aren't for them" is a lousy defense of it to begin with.
Sure it does. You stated when the girls are doing good, he is not around. Winning is good….don’t win, well you know.

Reactions: mcannon1
Darth's silence is seriously out of character. We do sometimes forget that there are real people behind the posts and avatars, who can fall ill or be in accidents. Hopefully, Darth's okay. In some ways, he was outed more than just having a name accidentally made public. Darth's game was playing the concerned fan who is worried about the direction of the program. He carried that through pretty well through the Holly years but of late, he just became a recognized troll and no one bought the fan posturing. Maybe Darth lost interest when he could not provoke in the same way.
Well stated

Reactions: madtownvol
Sure it does. You stated when the girls are doing good, he is not around. Winning is good….don’t win, well you know.

So you're saying that people should have endure people acting like jerks when the team doesn't do well? That's nonsense. "Oh, the team's not doing good, that makes it okay for so-and-so to act like a jerk and parade around taking a crap on everything." Sure, okay, solid logic there.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
So you're saying that people should have endure people acting like jerks when the team doesn't do well? That's nonsense. "Oh, they're not doing good, that makes it okay for them to act like a jerk." Sure, okay, solid logic there.
Losing brings all kinds out. You may view them as jerks, they view themselves as fans. No two fans are the same and don’t need to conform to be a fan of the same team.

Reactions: mcannon1

It is out of character, but I rather think they finally (for whatever reason) got bored of the routine. Perhaps you are right in your observation. Or perhaps there's now enough of a negative light on the program that they couldn't get the same enjoyment out of it that they used to. There's a lot of people poking at the program on here now, so it probably wouldn't have felt as special or unique as it did a few year back. But who knows? I certainly hope it's something mundane of that nature. But - also - I don't miss it.

It would have been brilliant strategy if the plan had been for Rickea to hedge toward the baseline away from Cardoso and then reverse quickly to interception point just as Johnson went into her wind-up, too late to pull back the pass.

With our luck, Cardoso would have crashed into Rickea going for the ball, and Rickea would have been called for the foul. By the same joker.
Danny White change Kellie contact buyout after a sweet sixteen NCAA run
Then telling her your thinking of firing her.. about a month ago.
Been better if just waited to the end of season if they didn't make it back to Sweet Sixteen.
Or told her beginning of the season what round of the NCAA tournament to keep her job.
If Danny White told her a month ago your leaving after this year.
That would effort anyone Coaching decision

VN Store

Back