Game Thread: #5 Tennessee (19-11, 10-6 SEC) vs #1 South Carolina (30-0, 16-0 SEC) Saturday 3/9/24 ~4:30 pm ET (ESPNU)

For those of us that haven't successfully read between the lines, I presume that answer to the riddle can be found in this article. If someone could solve it and do a play by play, that would be fantastic.

For those of us that haven't successfully read between the lines, I presume that answer to the riddle can be found in this article. If someone could solve it and do a play by play, that would be fantastic.

Just John Adams doing a classic "some people are saying . . ." Runs a few mailbug type comments fm fans saying the obvious that everyone has been saying: how do you not guard either the inbound or a player? Then he gets to snarky comment each one.

Have to admit, his comment that it was "1.1 and done" defense was funny in a painful way.

Another thing I noticed is no one blamed the players, seemed to understand it was a set defense.

My thought was WC.
I don't think WC who was so belligerent and bombastic to be anything other than a very militant family member. So, Darth? Is the implication that John Adams = Darth? Dang, that would be bigger than "Luke, I am your father." Surely not..... What is the story here????

Last edited:
Just John Adams doing a classic "some people are saying . . ." Runs a few mailbug type comments fm fans saying the obvious that everyone has been saying: how do you not guard either the inbound or a player? Then he gets to snarky comment each one.

Have to admit, his comment that it was "1.1 and done" defense was funny in a painful way.

Another thing I noticed is no one blamed the players, seemed to understand it was a set defense.
The snarky delivery does have a Darth quality but.....

He does get to select which correspondence makes his edit. How else could we establish narratives? 😉
He left out my letter which praised the brilliant defensive strategy of giving the opposition "too much time to think about the shot" or "confusing them by giving them too many open shooters to choose from" or having the faith to run "the no need to defend because the rapture will happen in .7 of a second" play.

I don't think WC who was so belligerent and bombastic to be anything other than a very militant family member. So, Darth? Is the implication that John Adams = Darth? Dang, that would be bigger than "Luke, I am your father." Surely not..... What is the story here????
No, I don’t think so. When Freak did a Volnation bracket choosing, just last year, I think, it got set up in such a way that instead of showing our Volnation names, it showed everyone’s real name, that they used to sign into ESPN, including Darth’s. Freak got it changed. I don’t remember the name, but it wasn’t John Adams. Sorry. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
No, I don’t think so. When Freak did a Volnation bracket choosing, just last year, I think, it got set up in such a way that instead of showing our Volnation names, it showed everyone’s real name, that they used to sign into ESPN, including Darth’s. Freak got it changed. I don’t remember the name, but it wasn’t John Adams. Sorry. 🤷‍♀️
That makes more sense. I am pretty sure that DV is Elvee from the SummiTT board--same kind of snarky, passive-agressive negavoling; same hang-ups about people editing their posts; and the same kind of insults and comeback lines, and an outed Vandy fan. Elvee was all about firing CPS "because the game had passed her by."

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
That makes more sense. I am pretty sure that DV is Elvee from the SummiTT board--same kind of snarky, passive-agressive negavoling; same hang-ups about people editing their posts; and the same kind of insults and comeback lines, and an outed Vandy fan. Elvee was all about firing CPS "because the game had passed her by."
I'm pretty sure Elvee was even negative on CPS while Parker was leading them to back to back. I remember they were really on fire in the early -mid 2000s. Don't remember the ellipsis though...

VN Store

Back