Game Thread: #5 Tennessee (18-11, 10-6 SEC) vs #4 Alabama (23-8, 10-6 SEC) Friday 3/8/24 ~2:30 pm ET (SEC Network) FINAL UT 83 - Bama 61

It’s sooooo nice tho
I know, our firm has Hawks tickets and I go frequently. Tournaments have to make business sense for the arena, because they pay the conferences to host them. You also have to have the involvement of downtown hotels and businesses that host. Downtown Atlanta just doesn’t have the appetite to put something like that together for conference tournaments. It’s one reason why they lost the Men’s tournament to Nashville.

Big opportunity tomorrow. Blow out wins against KY and Bama show that this team is gelling at the exact right time but they probably don't do more than solidify their projected 8 seed. But an upset win over SC would likely gain one or maybe two spots. The odds are long but the LVs have played two surprisingly close games against SC. If Jewell can stay hot and aggressive, Rickea has a dominant game--tonight was "quiet" 22, 9 and 3 game--with solid contributions from Sara, Tamari (no foul trouble) and Jillian it could happen. And Powell is maybe the crucial variable. She needs a more composed game than she played last time out. She has not been playing her best (about the only LV who has not upped it in the tournament, Tomorrow would be a great time to put it all together.

Really? I just saw their floor and thought, that floor is really distracting, glad the SEC Tournament floor doesn’t look like that.
KAROLINE Said Greenfield Had Weird RIMS Takes A Game To Get Used To Them.
Karoline Said That after Wildcats win in locker room interview
Maria YouTube

It’s been a rocky season no doubt. Tough early games and Rickea being out was tough to overcome. At Bama and at A & M losses were ugly. But the ladies have played better down the stretch. tough schedule that we have to playbSC 3 times late in the season. I really wish we were in the other bracket and could mean SC in the finals but we are where we are.
depending on where we end up in the NCAA seeding ( I think we will be a 7), we could be a difficult draw for some lower seeds.

Jewel says hands off my dang rims. They're perfect! Even though she never touched one today.

Who remembers John Ward: Tickles the twine!
It did Take Jewel A Game To Get Used to them.
Maria did ASKED K,aroline about Greenfield Area

I'm still unsure what Ace's ceiling is, but I will say she plays hard and she's fearless. Hope she works her tail off this summer. I'd love if I was wrong about her. What if Ace could be the next Sara Puckett?

Alabama was clearly no match for evolution today. You are the classic conspiracy theorist. Everything good that happens is part of the conspiracy to hide the conspiracy.
Ace, in high school, was a track, softball, and basketball star, she’s probably much faster than Sara, looks it, and looks more nimble/mobile as well. Looking forward to seeing Ace play much more.

Ace, in high school, was a track, softball, and basketball star, she’s probably much faster than Sara, looks it, and looks more nimble/mobile as well. Looking forward to seeing Ace play much more.

I would like to see Ace be Tess Darby with top SEC level defense and athleticism. I don't think she'll ever have Puckett's craftiness with her back to the basket so I can't buy that part of the comparison.

I just want someone to confirm that I didn't dream this, but did I see Tess post up in this game and execute a pretty nice drop step (barely missed the shot though)?
She’s had some nice moves in the paint this tourney! Playing very smart and free, which is nice to see. I love Tess, she’s got a lot of heart.

I would like to see Ace be Tess Darby with top SEC level defense and athleticism. I don't think she'll ever have Puckett's craftiness with her back to the basket so I can't buy that part of the comparison.
Sara is 6’2 and Ace is 5’10, so no, she won’t be shooting with her back to the basket, but she is quick about going into the fray and grabbing rebounds.

I just want someone to confirm that I didn't dream this, but did I see Tess post up in this game and execute a pretty nice drop step (barely missed the shot though)?
It's what happens when your outside shooters spread the floor. Also, to be fair, it's what happens when your big is out with foul trouble.

I meant the comparison more in the sense of being the utility player who does alot of the dirty work in addition to being a legit outside shooting threat. Also that she works hard to develop to the very top of her ability, wherever that is.

VN Store

Back