Fulmer talking to Miles

So based on Miles' W-L record alone, I think Miles would be a great choice. (Especially considering that he was in the SEC WEST). What other relevant information should be considered?

2005 11-2
2006 11-2
2007 12-2 BCS Champs
2008 8-5
2009 9-4
2010 11-2
2011 13-1 BCS Title Loss
2012 10-3
2013 10-3
2014 8-5
2015 9-3
2016 Incomplete Year

You stop it right now. You're making sense and these people can't handle that.

All that man did was play in the most difficult Division in football and have a winning record every single year.

Les Miles would be a home run hire and would win 10 games next year.

Reactions: 9 people
I don't know enough about Miles to know what kind of staff he could assemble. Any chance he would focus more on D and agree to turn offense over to someone like Tee?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don't know enough about Miles to know what kind of stuff he could assemble. Any chance he would focus more on D and agree to turn offense over to someone like Tee?

He will run a program how he wants to, or he won't come. How he does that would be anybody's guess. Purely ... a guess.

Wishing and hoping ain't thinking! This program needs credibility and stability. One NC coach hiring another NC coach who MAY bring in VFLs with championships does that. We have to stabilize and become Tennessee again before we win National Championships. This isn't magic. We have been in a downward spiral for 10 or 11 years. It'll take more than a minute to stop sinking, stabilize, start upward spiral, and then win championships. I think Miles is as good as any to start that process.

Reactions: 6 people
Folks don’t look at that though. They say “well he’s not been coaching for a year” but it was alright that Gruden hasn’t coached for 10. That’s not a slam on Gruden, I wanted to see that happen myself, however I’d be okay with somebody that’s coached more recently than somebody that’s been out of it for 10 years.

Or that Urban didn't coach a year before going to OSU or that Chip Kelly was out a year before UCLA hired him.

Miles is what this program needs. He has always had great recruits other than QB's and these kids love him. I think they would jump off a cliff for him. I believe he was also AP coach of the year in 2011. He would bring stability to this program that is very much needed. He also has a National Championship. I think he would be a steal for us.

I just hope if we get miles we get great coordinators to surround him and that he doesn’t pull a butch a demand all control

Who would take a head coaching job and not want to be able to hire who you want? Would a good AD hire a coach and then tell him who to hire as his assistants? Unless I misunderstood your quote but it sounds like you would prefer the AD to hire the assistants. If that is what you are saying then what college football team has done that in the past or is currently in that situation? Please clarify. Thanks.

He is a smart coach that knows how to win. Betcha he would have us playing near the top in short order.

The leaks were coming out because boosters and other people in the AD didnt trust Currie or Haslam

or they wanted us to get riled up so he would be fired...your choice, or...both could work too...either way...change took place...:):)

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The leaks were coming out because boosters and other people in the AD didnt trust Currie or Haslam

or they wanted us to get riled up so he would be fired...your choice, or...both could work too...either way...change took place...:):)

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont you think our coach should be able to select his own staff? What coach can we get that will allow the AD and fans to pick his staff?

if we were to poll Volnation asking for their choice between Leach or Miles, what do you think would result?

why don't we get that started?

my bet is over 75% for Leach maybe more!

Does anybody care what we want at this late date?

VN Store

Back