Fulmer talking to Miles

if we were to poll Volnation asking for their choice between Leach or Miles, what do you think would result?

why don't we get that started?

my bet is over 75% for Leach maybe more!

Does anybody care what we want at this late date?

I cast my vote for Les. Crazy like a fox tops crazy thinks he's a pirate

Les Miles does not like to throw the ball......You will never make me believe that Les Miles will allow to spread out and fling the ball around. No way.......a total pipe dream. I firmly believe that if Les Miles is made to accept T Martin as Oc he will tell Tee what kind of offense to run. If Miles is hired I hope I am wrong. Ask Booger McFarland who played for Lsu what he thinks about Les Miles. He was one of the alumni that demanded LSU fire Miles(I have been told).

Yeah like the spread has worked so well for us... :loco:

Les Miles does not like to throw the ball......You will never make me believe that Les Miles will allow to spread out and fling the ball around. No way.......a total pipe dream. I firmly believe that if Les Miles is made to accept T Martin as Oc he will tell Tee what kind of offense to run. If Miles is hired I hope I am wrong. Ask Booger McFarland who played for Lsu what he thinks about Les Miles. He was one of the alumni that demanded LSU fire Miles(I have been told).

Won the NC with Gary Crowton as OC. “The Wizard” never a pass he didn’t want thrown in his spread offense. :)

Won the NC with Gary Crowton as OC. “The Wizard” never a pass he didn’t want thrown in his spread offense. :)

Then we saw Les try to replicate Fulmer after that, and I'm not talking about 90's Fulmer.

Then we saw Les try to replicate Fulmer after that, and I'm not talking about 90's Fulmer.

Cameron wasn’t a 3 yards and a cloud of dust guy...just sucked at it all. And which Fulmer did the Spirit Horse tell you didn’t pass? Sanders, Cut and Clawson didn’t run the single wing.

Cameron wasn’t a 3 yards and a cloud of dust guy...just sucked at it all. And which Fulmer did the Spirit Horse tell you didn’t pass? Sanders, Cut and Clawson didn’t run the single wing.

Cam Cameron was a Superbowl winning coordinator that somehow blew in college.

Cam Cameron was a Superbowl winning coordinator that somehow blew in college.

No Cam was fired from the revans in the middle of the season before they mad the run to the super bowl that same year. That should be all you need to know about the man as a coach, hes not very good at all. Go look up what Jason Taylor had to say about him, Its not very good.

You all are nuts if you don't think Miles woukd be a great hire! Look at his record! It's almost identical to Fulmer. National championship, SEC championships, Division titles, elite recruiter and a coach his players loved. Bring Tee and other elite staff who can recruit and we have a chance. Bring in someone who has no clue about the SEC... we could be right back where we started.

How is getting a coach no one else wants, gold?
Because Les miles only wants to coach in the SEC... Guess whose in the SEC AND has a coaching opening..

Sent from my Alcatel_5056O using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great coaches don’t micro manage. They hire folks smarter than they are to do the work. Miles will be a great hire.

Reactions: 1 person
Could someone put together Chief's defense stats over the past several yrs. ?

I'm really on the fence about him coming back.

Scoring Average

2008: 10th (Tennessee)
2009: 11th (LSU)
2010: 11th (LSU)
2011: 2nd (LSU)
2012: 12th (LSU)
2013: 18th (LSU)
2014: 5th (LSU)
2015: 28th (Texas A&M)
2016: 39th (Texas A&M)
2017: 81st (Texas A&M)

Total Offense Allowed

2008: 3rd (Tennessee)
2009: 27th (LSU)
2010: 12th (LSU)
2012: 8th (LSU)
2013: 15th (LSU)
2014: 9th (LSU)
2015: 52nd (Texas A&M)
2016: 90th (Texas A&M)
2017: 59th (Texas A&M)

To be honest, Chavis has been such a consistent solid coordinator (even in Phil's last year) that I have a hard time believing he's "losing it" with A&M more than it was just a product of the situation at A&M. The offense was different, the athletes he was getting were different, especially at linebacker/secondary. I don't think the last three years weigh entirely on him.

Last edited:
The reality of the situation is that any coach that comes here has a couple of years or recruiting and building to get back to the 8-9 win range. This is a 4 win program at this very moment. With younger hot commodity coaches there is an uncertainty. Especially in SEC recruiting

With guys like Miles and Cutt , you know they will recruit and coach fundamental football and will stabilize the program. Who cares if their ceiling is 8-9 wins? You can count on them to get there , unlike the rising stars their ceiling is far more predictable. Once they stabilize the program / recruiting , it would be time for an old guy to retire and UT can move into a new era.

Scoring Average

2008: 10th (Tennessee)
2009: 11th (LSU)
2010: 11th (LSU)
2012: 12th (LSU)
2013: 18th (LSU)
2014: 5th (LSU)
2015: 28th (Texas A&M)
2016: 39th (Texas A&M)
2017: 81st (Texas A&M)

Total Offense Allowed

2008: 3rd (Tennessee)
2009: 27th (LSU)
2010: 12th (LSU)
2012: 8th (LSU)
2013: 15th (LSU)
2014: 9th (LSU)
2015: 52nd (Texas A&M)
2016: 90th (Texas A&M)
2017: 59th (Texas A&M)

To be honest, Chavis has been such a consistent solid coordinator (even in Phil's last year) that I have a hard time believing he's "losing it" with A&M more than it was just a product of the situation at A&M. The offense was different, the athletes he was getting were different, especially at linebacker/secondary. I don't think the last three years weigh entirely on him.

I agree . It could very well be philosophy too. Head coaches set the defensive philosophy just like they do the offensive philosophy .... which I suspect explains some of Shoops issues under Butch

So we should have a coach in place by Tuesday. At least the rumors are we will. I believe it will be Miles with Tee as OC. We should find out soon either way.

VN Store

Back