Fulmer talking to Miles

Ah....there's the rub...the hope that Tee is the answer. Hell, we aren't even sure he's fully in control of the offense at USC right now. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to think we could finally have a UT guy who can feel like this is his destination/dream job. A guy who considers UT "home". Pray it works out that way, but this is UT where things rarely go our way. Usually one disaster after another.

I would argue that at this point in Tee's career he is miles ahead of where Dabo Sweeney was in his. Dabo was a WR coach for Clemson when they handed him the job as interim. Now look! This whole freaking argument of: we've got to hire Knuke Rockne or General Neyland is just f#$%ing stupid! Either a guy can coach, or he can't. It's about the Jimmies and Joes and not the X's and O's. Get the players and any coach looks like a genius. Saban was average at Michigan St and terrible in the NFL. He now has the players and supporting coaching staff to be hugely successful.

:loco:

Reactions: 1 person
The same reason that Kiffin went to SC. Dream Job. Oh not to mention that little thing that happened in 98. Oh and one last thing...Heavy.

I see. So, Tee’s dream job is OC at UT. I thought Tee was happy at USC. Have you checked with Tee’s wife on this? ( I believe She’s in the recording industry in LACalifusa). But, Tee could increase his salary at USC by entertaining overtures from UT.

Last edited:
I see. I thought Tee was happy at USC. Have you checked with Tee’s wife on this? ( I believe She’s in the recording industry in LACalifusa). But, Tee could increase his salary at USC by entertaining overtures from UT.

This. I'm not convinced Tee would come back right now.

It worked for Miami
hiring that is exactly correct so this. I didn't understand the kitchen hire. But I supported him. I had season tickets. The dually hire certainly made no sense. But I supported him I had season tickets. Butch Jones. He's a good coach, buy never understood the SEC. Still made no sense, I supported him but season tickets r gone.But less miles, I know what he is, he will not win championships. The only way he makes sense is if there's a coaching waiting.

would imagine AD Fulmer is gonna talk to a few people (not just coaches) in trying to get the best, in his mind anyway, available...may take a few more days...we'll have to be patient...:)

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see. So, Tee’s dream job is OC at UT. I thought Tee was happy at USC. Have you checked with Tee’s wife on this? ( I believe She’s in the recording industry in LACalifusa). But, Tee could increase his salary at USC by entertaining overtures from UT.

Lacalifusa, is that in Mexico?

What am I missing here?

Am I the only one who thinks John Currie could have hired Les Miles weeks ago?

What the hell is Phil Fulmer on board to do?

Hire Les Miles?

I still would rather have Mike Leach and John Currie as opposed to Les Miles and Phil Fulmer!

The Les Miles show ain't gonna get it for me!

What in the hell are they trying to feed us?

It worked for Miami
hiring that is exactly correct so this. I didn't understand the kitchen hire. But I supported him. I had season tickets. The dually hire certainly made no sense. But I supported him I had season tickets. Butch Jones. He's a good coach, buy never understood the SEC. Still made no sense, I supported him but season tickets r gone.But less miles, I know what he is, he will not win championships. The only way he makes sense is if there's a coaching waiting.

Man you are killing it with that spell checker. You can't blame the thing.

Bring back Dually with less miles!

What am I missing here?

Am I the only one who thinks John Currie could have hired Les Miles weeks ago?

What the hell is Phil Fulmer on board to do?

Hire Les Miles?

I still would rather have Mike Leach and John Currie as opposed to Les Miles and Phil Fulmer!

The Les Miles show ain't gonna get it for me!

What in the hell are they trying to feed us?

Mike Leach system will never win championships in the SEC, Les Miles system has won multiple championships in the sec.

It would be so Tennessee to hire Les or Steele. He should be the last resort. Call Brohm, Morris, Leach, Satterfield, Pruitt, first. If the go with Miles, it proves one thing. I am hoping Fulmer can realize hiring Les, and the eventual result would not be in his or Tennessee's self interest.

It would be something that sounds like Fulmer would do.

Nationwide search of great coaching candidates yields....the grass eater Les Miles.

Sounds familiar.

Regardless of what happens regarding our coach......just to be a fly on the wall during an informal sit down between Les and Phil and listen in. No matter what you think of either of them, there would be more football knowledge and stories in that room than you could ever imagine. And then you add in those persoalities to boot.

Reactions: 2 people
How is getting a coach no one else wants, gold?

He just told you...............bigorangecrush89

I dont believe the report, but we could do worse. Let Miles be Miles and motivate/recruit and be CEO/HC and let the coordinators do their jobs. After a few years, Tee takes over. Profit

:thumbsup:

Or hopefully the news with CPF running the show is that the search is being done properly without excessive leaks by anyone until the deal gets announced. :hi:

The leaks were coming out because boosters and other people in the AD didnt trust Currie or Haslam

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back