Fulmer #ComeTogether

They chose the perfect song. "Come together...over ME".

"ME"...Phillip Fulmer. That's all it has been about for the last 9 years, the glory of Phillip Fulmer, the saboteur.

"Me"...Jimmy Haslam. The bumbling king of the University of Tennessee.

Herbstreit mentioned yesterday that Fulmer worked behind the scenes to undermine the athletic director with the support of mega boosters. Fulmer tried hard on behalf of Haslam to hire Dave Doeren from NC State. Doeren said he spoke to Fulmer several times about the position but ultimately chose to remain in Raleigh.

Clearly Fulmer, like Manning, is an ally of Haslam. After repeated embarrassments pursuing preapproved Haslam candidates, Currie went off the grid and had hired Mike Leach. He only needed two more signatures. Leach is fervently independent and represented a serious threat to the Haslam's dominion over UT. The Haslams responded by handing Fulmer the dagger to assassinate the deal. Tonight it sucks to be a Tennessee Vol.

Insane Detail Revealed About John Currie's Secret Meeting With Mike Leach | 12up

Well then you have all the info you need to stop liking Tennessee football.

Reactions: 1 person
I told you it was getting better!

It's time!

lets-ride.gif

:loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco:

also, bring back the Rifleman logo!

url

I don't care for the rifleman that much (it's ok), but I love the Vols wording with the star. Thats the best! Better than the T (which gets confused with Texas' T and orange too much by other teams' fans anyways).

Just never get rid of the checkered pattern. It's the best. Heck full orange and white checkered helmets would be pretty epic I bet.

We are going to be great again. I know that. Many of you know that and you can bet your a$$ our opponents know that and they are worried. It’s great to be a Tennessee Vol!

I agree 100 percent. Great days ahead. Our rivals will take notice if the mad hatter is in orange.

Reactions: 2 people
My thoughts...
1) Bring back large shoulder pads... they seem to work better..

Most players use the smaller composite pads now because the large ones didn't allow them to raise their arms straight up above their heads (Safety/DB Interception, Linemen Batting Down QB's screen passes and RB, TE, WR Receptions)

Phil was contacting coaches days or weeks ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he on the UT payroll? How is him using his contacts and rep to find potentially interested coaches a bad thing? Sounds like he was earning his keep.

Reactions: 4 people
We are going to be great again. I know that. Many of you know that and you can bet your a$$ our opponents know that and they are worried. It’s great to be a Tennessee Vol!

Actually I don’t think our opponents know what’s coming. It’s gonna be fun watching them find out

Man, if that doesnt fire you up where you want to go put on pads yourself and destroy another team, I dont know what will.

VN Store

Back