Fulmer #ComeTogether

It's coming out now that Fulmer has sabotaged our last two coaching searches, calling prospective coaches, asking them not to take the job. Fulmer insured that he remained the most successful coach by continually trying to avenge his firing, grinning ear to ear every time someone uttered..."We should have never fired Phillip Fulmer."

Still didn't answer the question...

It's coming out now that Fulmer has sabotaged our last two coaching searches, calling prospective coaches, asking them not to take the job. Fulmer insured that he remained the most successful coach by continually trying to avenge his firing, grinning ear to ear every time someone uttered..."We should have never fired Phillip Fulmer."
No one believes your drivel and outright lies. Go back to your hole.

Reactions: 7 people
They chose the perfect song. "Come together...over ME".

"ME"...Phillip Fulmer. That's all it has been about for the last 9 years, the glory of Phillip Fulmer, the saboteur.

"Me"...Jimmy Haslam. The bumbling king of the University of Tennessee.

Herbstreit mentioned yesterday that Fulmer worked behind the scenes to undermine the athletic director with the support of mega boosters. Fulmer tried hard on behalf of Haslam to hire Dave Doeren from NC State. Doeren said he spoke to Fulmer several times about the position but ultimately chose to remain in Raleigh.

Clearly Fulmer, like Manning, is an ally of Haslam. After repeated embarrassments pursuing preapproved Haslam candidates, Currie went off the grid and had hired Mike Leach. He only needed two more signatures. Leach is fervently independent and represented a serious threat to the Haslam's dominion over UT. The Haslams responded by handing Fulmer the dagger to assassinate the deal. Tonight it sucks to be a Tennessee Vol.

Insane Detail Revealed About John Currie's Secret Meeting With Mike Leach | 12up

Maybe you should start a thread about all this instead of trying to hijack this one

Reactions: 2 people

"ME"...Phillip Fulmer. That's all it has been about for the last 9 years, the glory of Phillip Fulmer, the saboteur.

Herbstreit mentioned yesterday that Fulmer worked behind the scenes to undermine the athletic director with the support of mega boosters. Fulmer tried hard on behalf of Haslam to hire Dave Doeren from NC State. Doeren said he spoke to Fulmer several times about the position but ultimately chose to remain in Raleigh.

Clearly Fulmer, like Manning, is an ally of Haslam. After repeated embarrassments pursuing preapproved Haslam candidates, Currie went off the grid and had hired Mike Leach. He only needed two more signatures. Leach is fervently independent and represented a serious threat to the Haslam's dominion over UT. The Haslams responded by handing Fulmer the dagger to assassinate the deal. Tonight it sucks to be a Tennessee Vol.

Insane Detail Revealed About John Currie's Secret Meeting With Mike Leach | 12up

you lost me at Herbstreit. eff him.

Reactions: 4 people
So even though that in Freaks notes he states that the saboteur story was false this still persist... Some people have a knack for being negative and finding peoblems in everything. With no positive contributions, videos like these mean nothing to you because it doesn't fit your narrative. That video is awesome, our history is awesome, but much of this discussion is just sad.

Reactions: 9 people
Damn, I can't open the twetter link. Does anyone have a YouTube link? Thanks!

Maybe I missed it, or I'm not getting the full article, but, no where in that CBS article did I see that Fulmer contacted Miles prior to Currie being fired. However, I did read that Tennessee made contact, via a third party, early on, which is normal when gauging interest in the open position.

Did I miss something?

Reactions: 1 person
My thoughts...
1) Bring back large shoulder pads... they seem to work better.
2) Bring back John Ward.... that will fire this fan base up.

also, bring back the Rifleman logo!

url

Attachments

• 3730f4c962848aa0e5581a788633a567.jpg
    3730f4c962848aa0e5581a788633a567.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 10 people
Maybe I missed it, or I'm not getting the full article, but, no where in that CBS article did I see that Fulmer contacted Miles prior to Currie being fired. However, I did read that Tennessee made contact, via a third party, early on, which is normal when gauging interest in the open position.

Did I miss something?

IÂ’m pretty sure Miles had made it known sometime ago that heÂ’s available ..

Did I miss something?

No, you didn't miss anything. Bunch pro-Haslam folks trying to use the old tactic of telling lies often enough, then people should believe.

How damn many times are we going to have to explain to you that Fulmer/Thunder/Charlie are buddies. And even if we are being screwed, it feels better to be getting it by VFLs, not some moron Haslam decided he could control.

Edit: And oh yeah, f... herbstreit. Does he not having crying to do about OSU getting left out for BAMA. lol

Last edited:

Yeah,

I'm sure that Phil told Jimmy to go after Schiano??????

(lol)
What a mastermind :)

I want to see the All Orange Uni's again!! This beets the Strom trooper they have been supporting that past few years. I am ready to see my school back on top fighting it out weekly.

If that video does not get you going you do not bleed Orange. I've had enough of the whining. We have a Tennessee guy in charge, who is looking up. I have looked down long enough. No the problem is the only way we have to go is up, and at this moment in time Phil Fulmer is the best person I could imagine being in the role for the turnaround.

Come together and quit whining. Give him a chance.

Reactions: 3 people

Good.. it got rid of currie.. get over yourself

Reactions: 3 people
Ok. Let's get at least this much straight Fulmer and Haslam are on different sides here. Haslam basically had Fulmer fired and Fulmer has said as much as his job could've been saved by him. Haslam said he let Hamilton make the decision but didn't interfere. You can probably find that on the record if you want. Lane Kiffin was interviewed by Haslam about a month and a half before he took the job as well; I believe there was a report of Kiffin playing golf with Haslam at about that time. That's why Gary Patterson told Tennessee to piss off with their "interview" BC he already had word that Kiffin had been hired.

When Currie got the AD job there was a lot of skepticism on the part of most big donors not named Haslam. Basically it was promised before this search began that a consensus would be reached on this hire instead of one booster controlling who got hired. You know the big ass renovation coming to Neyland, how do you think they got everyone to get on board with that and play nice with each other? Currie then went out at Haslam's order and tried to sign Schiano which blew everything to total hell. Currie thought he was safe BC Haslam would protect him. I want you to also note the fact that Davenport never signed the MOU. Why do you think that is? BC she had no earthly clue that Currie had went off on his own and offered Schiano.

So did Phil stab Currie in the back? Nope Currie knew he was gone. He had pretty much been relieved of his duties when he offered Leach. He used the media to exert pressure on Tennessee to keep him. Also Davenport has been put on the proper path now regarding athletics getting a bigger piece of the financial pie.

VN Store

Back