Florida will be tougher than everyone thinks

Florida has a lot of talent. If they bring there A game and we lay it on the ground it could be a long day. It's happen before. That said,....... I hope we pound them. Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think the Gators showed anything at all on Saturday and I will stop just short of saying they wanted to be vanilla and look the way they did. I am sure they will tighten up and we will see a ton more after the A&M game. I hope they get the heck beat out of them and come into the UT game with a limp from the previous week. Looking at threads saying they are a "cupcake" is just stupid. Come on Vols fans you make us all look stupid when you post that mess. With that said, it should be more of a game this year than in the last few. So Go Vols and hopefully the world of college football is still overlooking us come gametime.

I am 90 percent sure that we lose the Florida game. Our luck has been sooooo bad lately that it will take me a while to believe that the bad luck is gone. 2009 we get our game winning field goal blocked against "O Bama"
2010 the ref's blow two games for us. 2011 we are a good team but injuries to Bray, Hunter and Lathers really hurt the team.

(1) We will either be ahead in the game for most of the game, then look at the score board and be in dis belief and start doudting ourselves and let them win.

OR

(2) As usual, our special teams will lose the game for us.

I believe that we can win, but after so many years of us playing them close, only to lose in the end, it gets frustrating.
Even when we do beat them, it is by inches. We have to play our best game of the season against them and they have to play their worst game of the season, in order for us to win.
1999: Jamaal Lewis read the wrong read and didn't score from the 2 yard line.
199? : Jaffney didn't catch the ball in the endzone but the ref's declared that he did.
199? : We are beating Florida, then on 3rd and 23, they slip behind the defense and get 24 yards, then go on to get a field goal to win.

I don't think the Gators showed anything at all on Saturday and I will stop just short of saying they wanted to be vanilla and look the way they did. I am sure they will tighten up and we will see a ton more after the A&M game. I hope they get the heck beat out of them and come into the UT game with a limp from the previous week. Looking at threads saying they are a "cupcake" is just stupid. Come on Vols fans you make us all look stupid when you post that mess. With that said, it should be more of a game this year than in the last few. So Go Vols and hopefully the world of college football is still overlooking us come gametime.

Just like the Jets didn't show anything?? The Gators showed their roster. It ain't pretty. We are better than who they played. They are not better than who we played. Don't see what is so "tough" about them? Trying cut through that dinosuar skin?

baby_poo_florida_helmet2.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
i like confidence, but smack talking a team that has owned us for nearly a decade, seems a bit out of place.

No kidding. One game does not a season make. Take it one at a time and prepare to win. One win and all of a sudden we are unstoppable. Confidence is one thing but brash stupidity is another. They have just as many athletes as us and they will want to win just as bad. I think and believe we will beat them but all of this Tennessee is not respected talk is getting old. We have to go earn it. It has taken almost a decade to dig this hole one win does not fix it. Remember after Cincy we were going to beat everyone. We know how that turned out. Lets get the damn wins before we start putting notches in the pistol handle... enjoy the win and prepare for GSU.

I think we need to play better than friday night to win

I thought we played well, especially for the first game. Plus we left 8he points on the field. If we play like we did Fri and Florida plays like they did Sat then it will be a beatdown. I honestly think we beat them like in the 21-17god neighborhood. When we have beaten Florida it has typically been close, where their wins have been ass beatings. Truely would love a 17-21good pt beatdown for yrs of Urban beating the hell out of us.

If they win then i hope it's because they beat us. Not the refs and certainly not our selves. I feel very confident about this game. We just need to come out ready to rumble! I wanna see that ASSCLOWN of a coach act just like that KING ASSCLOWN!(I've been wanting to say that for a while now!):moon2:

Totally agree with OP. Florida is much better than their gameplan showed against BG. I've never understood the logic of hoping Florida loses just because you hate them. It helps us so much more if they are 2-0 when we play. I hope A&M beats them up but Fla wins by 10. VFL.

Totally agree with OP. Florida is much better than their gameplan showed against BG. I've never understood the logic of hoping Florida loses just because you hate them. It helps us so much more if they are 2-0 when we play. I hope A&M beats them up but Fla wins by 10. VFL.

What proof do you have of this?

It looked to me like Florida struggled to beat a team that they would have beaten by roughly 300 points just a few years ago.

Florida is just not good this year. In fact, I think they will do more poorly this year than they did last year.

Their still the gators. Anyone who thinks it is a "for sure" win is nuts. They sucked last year and they sucked against BG. But it was their first game. Lets at least see what they do against the aggies. They are a good enough team that the gators can't play a lackluster game to keep from showing to much offense. But "christ almighty" it was floridas first game and everyone knows they have issues at the qb position. How long do you thnk that is going to last? Their not scrubbs.

Our 1st game was NC State, who I'm positive is better than BG. So what exactly is your point considering we handed them their a&$ on a freakin platter. Troll

We will know where we stand when they play Texas A@M this weekend. I'm confident that when we play them they will wake up after losing two in a row, but I'm pretty sure that we will equally wake up after winning two in a row.

GBO!!! :loco:

You live in Nevada where football is but one more thing to wager money on. (I go there a lot, so I know of what I speak) I live in Florida where FU "fans" are constantly reminding me about how they have owned us for the last 10 years. I would pull for the Taliban over FU. To see them winless would be the most awesome thing since satellite TV and the Space Shuttle.

As far as to whether it helps us, that is conjecture. If we beat FU, the rankings reflect how they are doing as of that week. They are not retroactively changed.

Screw 'em.

Agreed. Until they no longer "have our number" it's a mistake to chalk this one up as a win. They still have tremendous athletes and they always seem to be up for us, so I'd lay off the smack talk and just hope we play our best that day.

Good call. One win over a middle of the pack ACC team is a good start but NC state is no Florida.

fl will be tougher. best team weve played thus yet. otherwise is silly. fl is always a game if u guys think they wont be ready ur crazy

now this isnt normal fl team. they are imminently beatable. we could beat them. easily. we have to play well. our team stacks up well to them where we havent in past.

oh yea and "the dude abides, man."

I've been following the Gators for 30 years.

This team blows.

No QB. Penalties galore. Defense is good but really a bunch of individuals at this point trying to make an individual name for themselves to get to the NFL.

Honestly, this has all the earmarks of total collapse.

I think it helps us more if A&M wins since that gives UF an additional SEC loss. By my count, any SEC loss for USC, UGA, or UF is good for us.

Finally, someone with reason. Thank you OP.

All these people who think Florida is just going to be such an easy win are fooling themselves. The fact that the word 'cupcake' is even uttered in the same sentence as 'Florida' is absolutely absurd. For Christ's sake, it's been, what, 7 years since we last beat them? And you think we're just going to roll right over them? Come on guys.

So they struggled a bit in their opener. That doesn't mean a thing. This week's game will be far more indicative of how they will play in Knoxville two weeks from now.

VN Store

Back