Florida will be tougher than everyone thinks

Who was coaching those Alabama LBs?

You think UT's LBs won't take him out with one hit?

If Muschamp wanted his QBs to run, he wouldn't be trying (stupidly IMO) to install the Pro Set.

You win genius...go ahead and bring a ton of pressure to a mobile QB who can't hit the side of a barn, with multiple barns running free in the secondary.

When you're only up by 3 in the 4th, you're showing most of your cards. What are they gonna do bring Eli Manning, and Dez Bryant out of the locker room??

Id rather him have to put it up 30 times, but thats just me.

He'll go 24-30, 350 yrds and 4 tds now.

i like our chances this year for sure, but it's nowhere close to a lock.

stated differently, UF '12 is much less of a lock than UK '11.

You want TAMU to blitz a mobile QB who can get outside the pocket and make plays with his legs?

Okay.

If I'm TAMU I play zone with a spy and make Driskel prove he's accurate enough to beat me with his arm.

If A&M is in zone coverage then Gillisee will probably have a big day early on until adjustments are made.
However, A&M can bring pressure and attempt to contain Driskel. The UF QB showed no signs of accuracy while throwing on the run and out of the pocket and I don't see a dramatic improvement occurring in one week even if he is the proclaimed starter with all the practice snaps.

If A&M is in zone coverage then Gillisee will probably have a big day early on until adjustments are made.
However, A&M can bring pressure and attempt to contain Driskel. The UF QB showed no signs of accuracy while throwing on the run and out of the pocket and I don't see a dramatic improvement occurring in one week even if he is the proclaimed starter with all the practice snaps.

If I'm TAMU, I make UF beat me passing first. Stuff the run and put Driskel in obvious passing situations.

Until another playmaker surfaces, Gillislee is our offense.

If I'm TAMU, I make UF beat me passing first. Stuff the run and put Driskel in obvious passing situations.

From what I saw, they need to add in one new play....Gillislee run about 50 yards down the field, stop and turn around. Then Driskel can throw it to him accurately.

It is like me shooting skeet and trap...that leading them stuff is messing him up.

Jeff Driskel lifetime stats - 259 yards, 1 TD, 2 Interceptions
(2011 campaign + Bowling Green)

Tyler Bray NC St game stats - 333 yards, 2 TD's, 0 Interceptions.

That is what it looks like.

I would play the Florida WRs in man coverage all game, use the safeties to cover TEs in man coverage, if no TE to cover then drop them into a slouching zone to seal the ends in case Driskel takes off or throws an underneath route.

I would just crash in our LBS from all directions on just about every down to cover the run.

i think saturday showed exactly how bad florida really is and saturday will show that against a&m

I watched BGSU - Florida on ESPN 3 last night. Here's what I saw:

Florida's QBs can't throw to save their lives; if they don't get it together we are going to be pulling down interceptions on the 15th. BGSU could not and it cost them.

Florida's WRs got open: I don't know how they will do against our secondary, but they were open when the QBs threw it in the dirt.

If they can't find a passing game, Florida is in danger of being as one dimensional as we were last year. BGSU's D looked great because they had every available man in the box.

Florida D played extremely aggressive and suffered for it. There was a series of delayed hand-offs down the middle from BGSU that just looked unstoppable. If Neal or Lane are willing to take a few hits, there are yards to gain between the tackles.

Yup. That little scatback for BG played it perfectly,,took a step,,,paused,,,then burst through the line.

This game is a must win for both teams. Both Dooley and Muschamp are (somewhat unfairly at least in Dooley's case) coaching for their respective jobs. This is why I think Florida is going to look a lot better against us than they did in the opener. There is no way you can overlook Florida's talent esp on the defensive side of the ball. The only reason they won against Bowling Green is because of talent level. The offense scored on some BS several times. And of course BG had several chances to put them away but couldn't. Overall Florida just looked uninterested in this game. We could just as easily suffer the same fate if we're not careful. I think this is the best chance we've had in a long time but I'm picking UT in a nailbiter. GO VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Their still the gators. Anyone who thinks it is a "for sure" win is nuts. They sucked last year and they sucked against BG. But it was their first game. Lets at least see what they do against the aggies. They are a good enough team that the gators can't play a lackluster game to keep from showing to much offense. But "christ almighty" it was floridas first game and everyone knows they have issues at the qb position. How long do you thnk that is going to last? Their not scrubbs.

Let's think about this for a minute. They sucked against BOWLING GREEN. I dont give a crap if it was their first game or not. UT played their FIRST GAME also and looked impressive against a team that is way above Bowling Greens level. Hell, Bama beat the brakes off of Michigan in their FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON. Why didn't Bama and UT look like s**t since it was the first game? For those of you that want to sit here and talk about "Oh it's only one game, it's the first game of the season", you need to have your heads checked. Im not predicting a Vols win because Florida has had our number, but to sit here and say that it's only the first game of the season so we can't tell how good the teams are is just stupid. Im all about what's going on right NOW.

I would prefer UFs QBs to be anything but confident coming into Neyland.

Guess I should have stipulated "false" confidence in addition to over confident.

I want the Vols, not A&M, to send the gator boards into meltdown mode. :)

Florida is still loaded with talent on both sides of the ball, Not going to judge them on the Bowling Green game . we will get a true read on Florida after this weeks A&M game .

Doesn't aTm have a freshman QB starting his fist game event against Florida?
I kind of want Florida to win for two reasons. 1. They might come into Neyland as cocky as usual. 2. It will come across as a bigger win when we curb-stomp them.

VN Store

Back