Florida will be tougher than everyone thinks

Their offense will still suck. If we can score two TDs it might be enough to win.

my best case scenario is that their starting QB plays so bad that he gets yanked in the middle of the game. The replacement plays bad but just good enough to create a controversy before UT

I think much of the credit for that goes to the offense the BG head coach runs :whistling:

ahhhhh, the Clawfense

bored_lebowski.gif

Hilarious

Their still the gators. Anyone who thinks it is a "for sure" win is nuts. They sucked last year and they sucked against BG. But it was their first game. Lets at least see what they do against the aggies. They are a good enough team that the gators can't play a lackluster game to keep from showing to much offense. But "christ almighty" it was floridas first game and everyone knows they have issues at the qb position. How long do you thnk that is going to last. Their not scribbs.

how long is their QB play going to suck ? It's going on 2 years but sooner or later it will be good again

Aggies are favored this week. I expect UT will be favorites also.

Their still the gators. Anyone who thinks it is a "for sure" win is nuts. They sucked last year and they sucked against BG. But it was their first game. Lets at least see what they do against the aggies. They are a good enough team that the gators can't play a lackluster game to keep from showing to much offense. But "christ almighty" it was floridas first game and everyone knows they have issues at the qb position. How long do you thnk that is going to last. Their not scribbs.

Agreed. Until they no longer "have our number" it's a mistake to chalk this one up as a win. They still have tremendous athletes and they always seem to be up for us, so I'd lay off the smack talk and just hope we play our best that day.

Reactions: 1 person
The gators overlooked BG and almost payed the price. If BG had a kicker, the gators would have been in a heap of doo.

That said, I hope the gators beyotch slap A&M into the SEC then roll in on us way over confident.

I will never take an opponent lightly that we haven't beaten since before Bush's second term began.

Florida will be a tough game but Tennessee, with their experience/talent at QB, talent advantage at WR, revamped defense and home crowd should take care of business. There will be no excuses otherwise....

Kinda hoping uf beats aTm this weekend. Theyll be ranked and full of themselves....

I don't think the Gators showed anything at all on Saturday and I will stop just short of saying they wanted to be vanilla and look the way they did. I am sure they will tighten up and we will see a ton more after the A&M game. I hope they get the heck beat out of them and come into the UT game with a limp from the previous week. Looking at threads saying they are a "cupcake" is just stupid. Come on Vols fans you make us all look stupid when you post that mess. With that said, it should be more of a game this year than in the last few. So Go Vols and hopefully the world of college football is still overlooking us come gametime.

If anybody says its a gimme game snd a pushover then they know nothing about football. Florida has a very good defense and tons of speed. Glad we catch them early with their QBs still learning, but they have some nice RBs. Plus you dont overlook a team you havent beaten in 7-8 yrs. We have had much better teams than Florida, especially in the 90's and could not beat them. I feel this is the year we finally beat them but they could just as easily beat our asses again. Here's hoping Dooley gets his signature and first win against the Gators. I want to win this game so bad, and if we play like we did Friday then the streak ends. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
That's my thoughts on em too. They always play like crap then we seem to choke. Believing all the hype that's been heaped on us.. There's not been many times I truly thought Florida had a better team or better players.. Seemed like we played not to lose instead of playing to win.. I'd rather lose throwing all my marbles out there than to play close to the vest. Play hard, Play loose, & give it everything u've got & if lose there's no shame!!! To half arse anything just blows period

UT is going to beat UF much worse than they beat NCSU. The D is going to make Driskel wish he was on the bench, they won't be able to score many points at all. And our explosive O is going to shred their D all night long. CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!

Ron, you were more right than i was on the NC State game and I hope the same holds true for the UF game. That said, they still have a very good D. I think we win, but I don't see us up by 2 TDs. I'm thinking more like 20-13.

If anybody says its a gimme game snd a pushover then they know nothing about football. Florida has a very good defense and tons of speed. Glad we catch them early with their QBs still learning, but they have some nice RBs. Plus you dont overlook a team you havent beaten in 7-8 yrs. We have had much better teams than Florida, especially in the 90's and could not beat them. I feel this is the year we finally beat them but they could just as easily beat our asses again. Here's hoping Dooley gets his signature and first win against the Gators. I want to win this game so bad, and if we play like we did Friday then the streak ends. Go Vols!

I think we need to play better than friday night to win

Some of you guys sound like some NC State fans. And some Montana and Cincinnati fans . Chill people people wait till at least the third quarter before u mark it up as a win . Be confident and humble not all off this " look at what we did !!!!!" blah blah blah . V,b

It's hard to put a lid on irrational exhuberance and I don't want to take anything away from anyone who's surfing a cloud of euphoria high enough to make them believe that we can already chalk UF up as a W.

A week from now, if the Vols look pedestrian against GSU, the Gators beat A&M and UConn whips NC State this whole thing will be turned on its ear. Like alot of people in this thread have posted already, I'll believe we beat UF when the final whistle sounds (for last time) and the Vols have more points on the scorebard than the Gators.

VN Store

Back