Examples of why liberals suck

No, there is where you are wrong. On social issues, while I am personally opposed to gay marriage, it's wrong to outlaw it. I deplore abortion but I think those who fight against it are going about it in the wrong way, outlawing it will not happen. Make adoption cheaper, easier and more accessible and promote that as an alternative. Drugs should be legalized and quit wasting resources and incarcerating people. Business should have the absolute right to discriminate in service, hiring/firing ext, let the free market decide.

On fiscal issues, every dollar spent should have an explicit purpose and be accounted for in the budget. Corporate taxes should be eliminated and a flatter, farer tax system should be enacted for the individual. Welfare should be a helping hand up and not a way of life. Yes we as a country need to adopt a harsher "you need to take care of yourself" attitude.

Good post hog. I agree with the majority of what you are saying.
1. It depends on what drugs you want to legalize.
2. I do not agree with businesses being allowed to descrimate. I remember the early 1960's I do not want to go back to that time. We are all human beings and should be treated as one. Descrimating is terrible IMO.

The biggest difference in Clinton and the bozo in charge now is once the Republicans took control of the house an Senate Clinton backed off. It was more important to him to be POTUS than to push his liberal agenda.

Yup. King Putt will phone in his remaining two years from the golf course. He'll veto everything in sight, and blame it all on the Republicans. The sad thing is that his press buddies and George Clooney will back him to the end

I think an argument could be made it's not the democrats that are "moving". The further the GOP moves (races) to the right ala T.P., it just seems that the Dems are moving left. In fact, not much of the left has changed, e.g they still foster the same handout mentality and coddle minorities for votes, etc..

wow.............

Ever heard of the ACA? Guess not.

Reactions: 2 people
No, there is where you are wrong. On social issues, while I am personally opposed to gay marriage, it's wrong to outlaw it. I deplore abortion but I think those who fight against it are going about it in the wrong way, outlawing it will not happen. Make adoption cheaper, easier and more accessible and promote that as an alternative. Drugs should be legalized and quit wasting resources and incarcerating people. Business should have the absolute right to discriminate in service, hiring/firing ext, let the free market decide.

On fiscal issues, every dollar spent should have an explicit purpose and be accounted for in the budget. Corporate taxes should be eliminated and a flatter, farer tax system should be enacted for the individual. Welfare should be a helping hand up and not a way of life. Yes we as a country need to adopt a harsher "you need to take care of yourself" attitude.

My dad is a CPA, early in his career worked for the IRS then went corporate, still knows some IRS people. What you are proposing won't work. You would be cutting more than half of the tax base off, which means we would need to spend a quarter of what we are now, which would be great, but would shut this country down. Flat tax system is a joke, talk to a CPA about it and not someone at H&R Blockhead or someone at Fox and Friends. Now the fare part does need to be worked on, but we can thank Congress for that. No Congress, left right or the non existent middle would ever follow through on it, too much work on their part, too many special interests who have it great in the current system, and too much resistance from the other side, which ever that would be.

So you don't see a difference in the Dem party of the 60s any different than the party today? No difference from JFK and Barry? The left continues to put up far left candidates while the GOP has tried your suggestion the last 2 races and we see what happened.

Most Americans vote for who ever will give them the most free stuff, luckily for you that's your side.

How did the GOP "try his suggestion" in the last two GE's?

McCain had been trying since 2000 and Romney since '08. It wasn't really anything new.

My dad is a CPA, early in his career worked for the IRS then went corporate, still knows some IRS people. What you are proposing won't work. You would be cutting more than half of the tax base off, which means we would need to spend a quarter of what we are now, which would be great, but would shut this country down. Flat tax system is a joke, talk to a CPA about it and not someone at H&R Blockhead or someone at Fox and Friends. Now the fare part does need to be worked on, but we can thank Congress for that. No Congress, left right or the non existent middle would ever follow through on it, too much work on their part, too many special interests who have it great in the current system, and too much resistance from the other side, which ever that would be.

I have talked to an accountant about it, our company's, who was once a regional/district (whatever they call them) supervisor at the IRS before opening his own firm. I also have talked to my mom who has been a CPA for 30+ years. Both are of the opinion a flatter tax system without as many or any deductions would more than likely INCREASE tax revenue.

I have talked to an accountant about it, our company's, who was once a regional/district (whatever they call them) supervisor at the IRS before opening his own firm. I also have talked to my mom who has been a CPA for 30+ years. Both are of the opinion a flatter tax system without as many or any deductions would more than likely INCREASE tax revenue.

If the tax system was simpler, you wouldn't need as many CPAs though :whistling:

If the tax system was simpler, you wouldn't need as many CPAs though :whistling:

There is a major problem. If the flat tax system be purposed in DC. How many millions of dollars from accounting lobbyist would be funneled into congress?

increase it yes, but to the point where you can justify cutting off corporate taxes? which is usually part of the flat tax system proposal. a lot of different flat tax systems out there, and flat tax rates. and do you really think the rich are going to get rid of their deductions and actually pay whatever the flat tax rate is? it only works if it is actually applied across the board, and that is fairy tale. flat tax proposals also usually talk about tariffs and other tax revenues; without seeing/figuring out the whole picture you can't say it will or it won't work.

Additionally since liberals suck, I'm guessing they have never done anything that you benefit from? Right?

Like Social Security and Medi- Care, products of "liberal" thinking. If left up to the GOP those programs wouldn't exist. :idea: :question:

Like Social Security and Medi- Care, products of "liberal" thinking. If left up to the GOP those programs wouldn't exist. :idea: :question:

You are aware the republicans gave us a big Medicare expansion during the Bush era.

Look at what gets passed and how our elected officials vote. Both sides vote to give handouts. Actions speak louder than words.

How did the GOP "try his suggestion" in the last two GE's?

McCain had been trying since 2000 and Romney since '08. It wasn't really anything new.

They are moderates, I know you all like to pretend they ran on social issues and are far right candidates but its simply not true. The establishment wanted moderate Dem light candidates and it lost them both elections.

Reactions: 1 person
They are moderates, I know you all like to pretend they ran on social issues and are far right candidates but its simply not true. The establishment wanted moderate Dem light candidates and it lost them both elections.

Name a true conservative that has won the WH ?

Name a true conservative that has won the WH ?

Probably Reagan, Bush ran as a conservative. I am sure many will argue Reagan being conservative but does not change the fact that the last two have been far from conservatives.

Probably Reagan, Bush ran as a conservative. I am sure many will argue Reagan being conservative but does not change the fact that the last two have been far from conservatives.

Reagan ran as a conservative. He talked like a conservative. He governed as a moderate. He had a huge tax cut early on then raised taxes several times after that. Bush 1 and Nixon were both more conservative than Reagan. W ran as a compassionate conservative, whatever that is, I think that it is code word half azz lib.
Presidential records are easy to research.

Reagan ran as a conservative. He talked like a conservative. He governed as a moderate. He had a huge tax cut early on then raised taxes several times after that. Bush 1 and Nixon were both more conservative than Reagan. W ran as a compassionate conservative, whatever that is, I think that it is code word half azz lib.
Presidential records are easy to research.

Just because he raised taxes to try to balance the budget, it doesn't mean he wasn't conservative. Reagan probably didn't conceive a time where the US would be in debt totaling more than GDP. There is something to be said for raising taxes when congress is running a budget deficit. If citizens were required to pay now for the services they're asking for they would be more likely to object to all the government spending. Now they can spend like drunkards and pass the bill on to future generations.

Reactions: 3 people
Just because he raised taxes to try to balance the budget, it doesn't mean he wasn't conservative. Reagan probably didn't conceive a time where the US would be in debt totaling more than GDP. There is something to be said for raising taxes when congress is running a budget deficit. If citizens were required to pay now for the services they're asking for they would be more likely to object to all the government spending. Now they can spend like drunkards and pass the bill on to future generations.

That last line explains Reagan fairly well. The day Reagan took office the US debt was 995 Billion, the day he left office the debt was 2.868 Trillion.an increase of 188%. IMO, Reagan has been the best president of my lifetime but governed far different than the conservative stances he campaigned on. Reagan is far from the conservative wet dream some of you guys make him out to be. I seriously doubt if he could win the GOP nomination today. Again Presidential records are easy to research. If I had the opportunity I would vote for him again in 2016. The far right of the party has moved so far right some of the conservative voters would call him a lib.

while I am against abortion, it brings up a interesting hypocrisy. Liberals believe all life is sacred (no death penalty) but believe in abortion. Conservatives believe all life is sacred (no abortions) but usually believe in the death penalty. a little tidbit to think about, pointed out by this hypocrite.

Conservatives just believe in giving someone a chance to F up before killing them. Liberals, not so much.

VN Store

Back