Examples of why liberals suck

I've heard and seen interviews, I'm sure he's a great kid and seems like a genuinely nice person. I'd just really like to see him concentrate on baseball.

Its just not working out at QB.

And as to poor-mouthing, well, he's in his third year. there are no signs of improvement in key respects: 1) reading a defense to determine best play or options likely to be available when the ball is snapped; 2) anticipating or finding the most open receiver; 3) mental agility, both in terms of speed and reacting; and 4) hitting the open receiver when he does see it.

He grew up a running QB. And against high school competition he probably did look a lot sharper in the passing game, too. But it just has not translated at UF, time to move in a direction that might yield some improvement, especially with all the skill position recruits waiting to see what direction the team takes heading into next year (i.e. please a different QB).

lulz. You gator fans are all alike.

Ain't nothing but crocodile tears.

I'm not bashing anyone. But I will point out the liberal defenders have had about 3 hours to name one good thing liberals have done for the country and so far...crickets.

I am a moderate. I think both sides are equally bad.
What some will say is "a good thing" others will call it a bad thing.

From reading your postings, taxes appear to be high on your list. Who was the president that lowered the capital gain taxes to 28%. Hint it was a dem.

Who are the two best US Presidents over the last 50 years?

Who are the two worse?

Answer honestly and you will discover there are no diffences in the two parties other than their BS rhetoric.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

From reading your postings, taxes appear to be high on your list. Who was the president that lowered the capital gain taxes to 28%. Hint it was a dem.

I'm not surprised a dem cut the capital gains tax because despite their retoric, they support the elite as much, if not more than the repubs. Your probably referring to the Clinton tax cut. IMO Clinton presided over the most phony economy ever. By lowering the ROI threshold, capital gains cuts in coordination with absurdly suppressed interest rates creates massive bubbles across all asset classes. The thing about bubbles is they're fun on the way up, but devastating on the way down. The people that are hurt the most are not the institutional investors that recognize the bubble and get out, it's the people that make regular contributions to pensions, 401Ks, and IRAs. It also creates a situation where leveraged buyouts and mergers and acquisitions become profitable at a lower ROI. Those activities are not good for the economy over the long term.

If dems were really about helping out the poor and middle class, they would cut income taxes and reduce the federal debt.

Answer honestly and you will discover there are no diffences in the two parties other than their BS rhetoric.

I agree there is little difference between the political parties because they both like to borrow and spend like there's no tomorrow. The problem is there is always a tomorrow. But this is a discussion about liberalism vs. conservatism, unfortunately, there are few true fiscally conservative politicians. The few that are truly conservative are demonized in the press and don't typically get through the primaries.

Who are the two best US Presidents over the last 50 years?

Who are the two worse?

What's a moderate? Who's a moderate in our opinion? What makes someone a moderate and what does a moderate stand for?

What's a moderate? Who's a moderate in our opinion? What makes someone a moderate and what does a moderate stand for?

1.A moderate is someone who does not fall in line with anything neither party presents. We realize there is good and bad policies both sides. We vote for whom we feel is the best candidate , not the R or D beside their name.

2 From reading your posting there is no such thing as moderates. Those on the far right are conservatives and everyone else is a libs.

3. A moderate politician is someone that will do what is best for our country other than following the party line like a lost puppy.

4 next question.

1.A moderate is someone who does not fall in line with anything neither party presents. We realize there is good and bad policies both sides. We vote for whom we feel is the best candidate , not the R or D beside their name.

2 From reading your posting there is no such thing as moderates. Those on the far right are conservatives and everyone else is a libs.

3. A moderate politician is someone that will do what is best for our country other than following the party line like a lost puppy.

4 next question.

A politician that does not vote their party line is an endangered species. My litmus test for congressmen that have any principles is the congressional vote for funding the Free Syrian Army. Anyone who is paying attention has serious concerns that anything provided to the FSA will make its way to ISIS. Only a handful of congressmen on either side voted against the funding (some of those only voted against it because they face elections in November). IMO any congressman that voted for the funding is voting the way their handlers told them to.

I'm not surprised a dem cut the capital gains tax bse despite their retoric, they support the elite as much, if not more than the repubs. Your probably referring to the Clinton tax cut. IMO Clinton presided over the most phony economy ever. By lowering the ROI threshold, capital gains cuts in coordination with absurdly suppressed interest rates creates massive bubbles across all asset classes. The thing about bubbles is they're fun on the way up, but devastating on the way down. The people that are hurt the most are not the institutional investors that recognize the bubble and get out, it's the people that make regular contributions to pensions, 401Ks, and IRAs. It also creates a situation where leveraged buyouts and mergers and acquisitions become profitable at a lower ROI. Those activities are not good for the economy over the long term.

If dems were really about helping out the poor and middle class, they would cut income taxes and reduce the federal debt.

I agree there is little difference between the political parties because they both like to borrow and spend like there's no tomorrow. The problem is there is always a tomorrow. But this is a discussion about liberalism vs. conservatism, unfortunately, there are few true fiscally conservative politicians. The few that are truly conservative are demonized in the press and don't typically get through the primaries.

I was actually referring to Jimmy Carter. In 1978 Carter along with a Dem congress did lower the capital gains from 50% to 28%.
During Reagans large tax cut he lowered them to 20% , then raised them back to 28%. He did this with a Dem Congress.
The Clinton cuts you are referring to were made after the GOP took control of congress ,capital gains were lowered from 28-20%

The large capital gains cut came from Jimmy Carter.

A moderate advocates fiscal restraint; until they see government spending they like.

A moderate wants compromise; as long as they get their way.

A moderate chooses the best liar; not just the best liar for a party.

Doesn't matter though. Our country is bankrupt no matter who is in charge.

Reactions: 2 people

4 next question.

How about answering the questions I asked in the first place? The answers you gave are "moderate" answers, wishy washy and solve nothing.

Name one policy, initiative or stance a "moderate" would have. Also who, potential candidate IYO is a "moderate"?

A politician that does not vote their party line is an endangered species. My litmus test for congressmen that have any principles is the congressional vote for funding the Free Syrian Army. Anyone who is paying attention has serious concerns that anything provided to the FSA will make its way to ISIS. Only a handful of congressmen on either side voted against the funding (some of those only voted against it because they face elections in November). IMO any congressman that voted for the funding is voting the way their handlers told them to.

I have mixed emotions concerning the Syrian funding. I am 100% in favor of taking ISIS out. Do we have to fund the FSA in order to bomb ISIS in Syria? I think not. I am very concerned who the Free Syrian Army is. We have a long history of helping those that hate us. Are we once again funding another Bin Laden as we did back in the 1980's?

I have mixed emotions concerning the Syrian funding. I am 100% in favor of taking ISIS out. Do we have to fund the FSA in order to bomb ISIS in Syria? I think not. I am very concerned who the Free Syrian Army is. We have a long history of helping those that hate us. Are we once again funding another Bin Laden as we did back in the 1980's?

We could fund the Kurds. They love us.

Gramps - you playing "moderate" again and not answering questions with real answers?

How about answering the questions I asked in the first place? The answers you gave are "moderate" answers, wishy washy and solve nothing.

Name one policy, initiative or stance a "moderate" would have. Also who, potential candidate IYO is a "moderate"?

Moderate candidates on the GOP side: Chris Christie , Jeb Bush, John Kasich..On the Dem side : Joe Manchin, Mark Begich, Mark Warner. That is to name a few.
Of those names I would seriously consider voting for Christie, Kasich or Manchin.

Rand Paul is slowly trying to move to the middle now. He is smart enough to realize the middle voters in a few states is who elects our president. I am considering Supporting Rand Paul's 2016 bid. He is conservative but he knows we have to stop this my way or the highway approach to governing.

As I said earlier you think everyone who is not far right as a lib or " wishy washy " in your quoted post. You do not look at politics but one way, your way or the highway. No need to argue about it. I see plenty of fault with a little good scattered in both sides. You see good in one small segiment of the GOP with everyone else bad.

As far as past presidents Reagan and Clinton both governed as moderates.

We could fund the Kurds. They love us.

both of these. No way we should give money to the FSA, no way in hell. Pisses me off that they blatantly will give money to terrorists but not to a culture, Kurds, or as much to a country, Ukraine.

Maybe a better term would be "centrist"? Of course compared to King Putt, Vladimir Lenin is a centrist...

Moderate candidates on the GOP side: Chris Christie , Jeb Bush, John Kasich..On the Dem side : Joe Manchin, Mark Begich, Mark Warner. That is to name a few.
Of those names I would seriously consider voting for Christie, Kasich or Manchin.

Rand Paul is slowly trying to move to the middle now. He is smart enough to realize the middle voters in a few states is who elects our president. I am considering Supporting Rand Paul's 2016 bid. He is conservative but he knows we have to stop this my way or the highway approach to governing.

As I said earlier you think everyone who is not far right as a lib or " wishy washy " in your quoted post. You do not look at politics but one way, your way or the highway. No need to argue about it. I see plenty of fault with a little good scattered in both sides. You see good in one small segiment of the GOP with everyone else bad.

As far as past presidents Reagan and Clinton both governed as moderates.

This is where you lose all credibility, Clinton was far from a moderate in his first two years in office. Remember Hillarycare?

The biggest difference in Clinton and the bozo in charge now is once the Republicans took control of the house an Senate Clinton backed off. It was more important to him to be POTUS than to push his liberal agenda.

Every potential candidate you mentioned above excluding Paul (and he is still questionable) is a big government spend spend liberal.

I think an argument could be made it's not the democrats that are "moving". The further the GOP moves (races) to the right ala T.P., it just seems that the Dems are moving left. In fact, not much of the left has changed, e.g they still foster the same handout mentality and coddle minorities for votes, etc..

Moving right and being surprised when the left doesn't shift with you is a bit silly.

In my opinion, it's a contributing factor to why the GOP will lose again in the next general. Most people are moderate and watching the GOP candidates walk back primary statements to look sane to the moderates is going to continue to kill them.

So you don't see a difference in the Dem party of the 60s any different than the party today? No difference from JFK and Barry? The left continues to put up far left candidates while the GOP has tried your suggestion the last 2 races and we see what happened.

Most Americans vote for who ever will give them the most free stuff, luckily for you that's your side.

This is where you lose all credibility, Clinton was far from a moderate in his first two years in office. Remember Hillarycare?

The biggest difference in Clinton and the bozo in charge now is once the Republicans took control of the house an Senate Clinton backed off. It was more important to him to be POTUS than to push his liberal agenda.

Every potential candidate you mentioned above excluding Paul (and he is still questionable) is a big government spend spend liberal.

Ha Ha you are trying to be a funny man today. Don't give up your day job.

Yes I remember Hillarycare, Clinton should have passed a version of the GOP plan at that time, oh wait a minute that is what Obamacare is.

Your last sentence is all that needs to be said about your political views, it is deep deep red or it is liberal.

Ha Ha you are trying to be a funny man today. Don't give up your day job.

Yes I remember Hillarycare, Clinton should have passed a version of the GOP plan at that time, oh wait a minute that is what Obamacare is.

Your last sentence is all that needs to be said about your political views, it is deep deep red or it is liberal.

No, there is where you are wrong. On social issues, while I am personally opposed to gay marriage, it's wrong to outlaw it. I deplore abortion but I think those who fight against it are going about it in the wrong way, outlawing it will not happen. Make adoption cheaper, easier and more accessible and promote that as an alternative. Drugs should be legalized and quit wasting resources and incarcerating people. Business should have the absolute right to discriminate in service, hiring/firing ext, let the free market decide.

On fiscal issues, every dollar spent should have an explicit purpose and be accounted for in the budget. Corporate taxes should be eliminated and a flatter, farer tax system should be enacted for the individual. Welfare should be a helping hand up and not a way of life. Yes we as a country need to adopt a harsher "you need to take care of yourself" attitude.

VN Store

Back