Early thoughts on Missouri outcome?

Their pass rush is our biggest concern. Make them pay early with some long runs on QB draws and some successful screen passes to slow it down and I think we will win without too much trouble.

It's far from a gimme, though.

Their pass rush is our biggest concern. Make them pay early with some long runs on QB draws and some successful screen passes to slow it down and I think we will win without too much trouble.

I think with Dobbs ability to take over with his feet, it eliminates any pass rush they thought they had.

I think it will be one of those games where the scoreboard and the feel of the game don't match.

I think the scoreboard will be close due to an unfortunate play here or there, but the game feels like UT dominates from opening kickoff to final whistle.

UT wins by 10.

Forgot to add, with their inept offense, our biggest concern should be limiting turnovers and play the field position battle if we have to.

Any fewer than 2 or 3 TO's and I don't see how their offense beats us.

Missouri has the 4th best scoring defense in the SEC. Dobbs has to play much better than he did last year against them in a 31-3 loss.

Missouri has the 4th best scoring defense in the SEC. Dobbs has to play much better than he did last year against them in a 31-3 loss.

You mean as an underdeveloped, true freshman, with virtually no WRs or TEs to throw to, making his first start, on the road, at night, vs the eventual SEC East champs with a defense ranked in the top 5 nationally in sacks and interceptions?

I fully expect him to play better, however last year he threw for more yards in the game than Junior Justin Worley did in any game all year, set a UT freshman QB record with 26 completions and was our leading rusher as well.

Reactions: 1 person
You mean as an underdeveloped, true freshman, with virtually no WRs or TEs to throw to, making his first start, on the road, at night, vs the eventual SEC East champs with a defense ranked in the top 5 nationally in sacks and interceptions?

I fully expect him to play better, however last year he threw for more yards in the game than Junior Justin Worley did in any game all year, set a UT freshman QB record with 26 completions and was our leading rusher as well.

Ahhhh, how so many people seemed to block out the fact that we had no WR's last year. That and Dobbs was "third string" this year. "He sucks, he's third string"!

Sheeple!

Just read on ESPN that Mizzou hasn't lost on the road since 2012.

That's a very impressive stat.

Mizzu has a good defense and special teams but I just can't see their offense keeping pace. They're probably the worst 7-2 SEC school I've ever seen lol.
There's no reason they can't win this by 2 multiple TDs.

What does this even mean?

Gotta stop Hansbrough. That little guy is shifty. If we contain him and give Barnett the green light at MM, we win.

Missouri schedule
South Dakota St W 38 - 18 Home
Toledo W 49 - 24 Away
UCF W 38 - 10 Home
Indiana L 31 - 27 Home
USCe W 21 - 20 Away
Georgia L 34 - 0 Home
Florida W 42 - 13 Away
Vandy W 24 - 14 Home
Kentucky W 20 - 10 Home
TAM W 34 - 27 Away

The only impressive game to me is the Florida win but that was because the gators killed themselves. Mauk had a 20 yard passing game.

We would already have 8 wins with that schedule.

We beat Mizzou 34 - 10 and that's with them scoring a last TD on a run play.

I see it more as a shoot out like in 2012. Something like 45-38.

The true difference maker is going to be our OL giving Dobbs just enough time to evade their DL. Make no mistake, their pass rushers are just as good as OU's or anyone else we have faced.

I see it more as a shoot out like in 2012. Something like 45-38.

The true difference maker is going to be our OL giving Dobbs just enough time to evade their DL. Make no mistake, their pass rushers are just as good as OU's or anyone else we have faced.

No way. Mizzou's offense is bad and our defense is light-years better than 2012. If anything it will be low scoring.

First Mizzou coaches are gonna watch game film on Dobbs and be like:

giphy.gif

Then Shane Ray is gonna bust in and be all:

1MZsNP7.gif

Then Pinkel is gonna stop for like two seconds, then look back at the film then back at Ray then back at the film, then back at Ray, and then come back like:

2Bxcb2f.gif

Then the game will start and Dobbs will be all:

DzDLkk4.gif

And then turn to Ray and be all:

XyQOLwo.gif

And the Tiger coaches gonna be like:

X60yuig.gif

Then Barnett and Maggit are gonna bust up and all through Mizzou's OL like:

rololol-out-guy-o.gif

Then Mizzou fans who made the trip are gonna be all:

OWF4a8G.gif

And Imma be like:

ragTunQ.gif

34-13 vols

First Mizzou coaches are gonna watch game film on Dobbs and be like:

giphy.gif

Then Shane Ray is gonna bust in and be all:

1MZsNP7.gif

Then Pinkel is gonna stop for like two seconds, then look back at the film then back at Ray then back at the film, then back at Ray, and then come back like:

2Bxcb2f.gif

Then the game will start and Dobbs will be all:

DzDLkk4.gif

And then turn to Ray and be all:

XyQOLwo.gif

And the Tiger coaches gonna be like:

X60yuig.gif

Then Barnett and Maggit are gonna bust up and all through Mizzou's OL like:

rololol-out-guy-o.gif

Then Mizzou fans who made the trip are gonna be all:

OWF4a8G.gif

And Imma be like:

ragTunQ.gif

34-13 vols

Thanks buzzfeed. :)

We need to generate points early and make it hard on their offense by limiting the running game.

I think we should win but I have no idea what happens in this game. Missouri is getting the most out of their personnel. Our defense is hit or miss it seems lately.

i watched mizzou and A&M really closely. I've also seen mizzou play a lot of their games this season.

they are very one dimensional on offense. Running is about all they can do. If our defense that played kentucky shows up, mizzou won't score a lot of points and will be forced to throw.

on offense, they're a mismatch for us. they have some great defensive ends. but since we have a QB that can run, they can't blitz every time. if our OLine shows up we should be able to put up enough points to win the game.

don't underrate that A&M game, however. Is mizzou the best team in the East? Absolutely not. but the win over A&M was the most complete game i've seen of them, except they obviously could not pass. their defense proved to be the real deal against a very good offensive team. if anyone missed their goal line stance that won them the game, go back and watch.

I predict either us or arky or both will knock them off, but don't underestimate what that would take. mizzou knows how to win.

i watched mizzou and A&M really closely. I've also seen mizzou play a lot of their games this season.

they are very one dimensional on offense. Running is about all they can do. If our defense that played kentucky shows up, mizzou won't score a lot of points and will be forced to throw.

on offense, they're a mismatch for us. they have some great defensive ends. but since we have a QB that can run, they can't blitz every time. if our OLine shows up we should be able to put up enough points to win the game.

don't underrate that A&M game, however. Is mizzou the best team in the East? Absolutely not. but the win over A&M was the most complete game i've seen of them, except they obviously could not pass. their defense proved to be the real deal against a very good offensive team. if anyone missed their goal line stance that won them the game, go back and watch.

I predict either us or arky or both will knock them off, but don't underestimate what that would take. mizzou knows how to win.

Solid post. Agree. I watched the TAMU game and said "oh crap". They are a solid team, we've been improving week over week. should be fun in the smokey grays...

VN Store

Back