Early thoughts on Missouri outcome?

112-9.

Apollo 11 - 23-35, 200 yards, 2 TD's, 16 rushes, 150 yards, 1 TD
Crazy Hair Hurd - 24 carries, 130 yards, 2 TD's

Iron leg Medley - 26 FGA, 26 FGM, 5 XPA, 4 XPM.

BOOK IT.
We have to settle for 26 FGs? There will be multiple threads calling for the firing of coaches due to lack of red zone play calling ability

Mizzou is going to be ranked and running for the East I am hoping for a dog fight until the end. The question is Dobbs we have a mobile qb advantage that AM didnt seem to have and that should help to keep the ends honest. Lets hope our D Holds Mizz put up over 500 yards in offense on AM tonight with a ridiculous amount of rushing yards

112-9.

Apollo 11 - 23-35, 200 yards, 2 TD's, 16 rushes, 150 yards, 1 TD
Crazy Hair Hurd - 24 carries, 130 yards, 2 TD's

Iron leg Medley - 26 FGA, 26 FGM, 5 XPA, 4 XPM.

BOOK IT.

This is the most ridiculous prediction I've ever seen.

Medley won't miss a single XP again.

Reactions: 2 people
Mizzou is going to be ranked and running for the East I am hoping for a dog fight until the end. The question is Dobbs we have a mobile qb advantage that AM didnt seem to have and that should help to keep the ends honest. Lets hope our D Holds Mizz put up over 500 yards in offense on AM tonight with a ridiculous amount of rushing yards
A&Ms defense sucks. Ours doesn't. Should be a great game.

Reactions: 1 person
Nothing, transitive property doesn't work. They got blown out by Georgia at home and only beat UK by 10.

It was a sarcastic question. Clearly, I've failed at letting it be known. I only meant that no one knows what team will come to Neyland stadium. The team that crushed Florida? The team that lost to Indiana? Or the team that let Kentucky play them to the wire? It was kind of a rhetorical question

Mizzou is probably a slightly better team than we are.

But lets not freak out about the A&M game. The Ags have zero defense and have one notable win all year. Mizzou doesn't exactly play consistent either.

If we get the Mizzou team that played Kentucky, Indiana, UGA, or SC, we win big. If we get the team that played the Ags we still have a shot to win. They're not world beaters.

Mizzou is probably a slightly better team than we are.

But lets not freak out about the A&M game. The Ags have zero defense and have one notable win all year. Mizzou doesn't exactly play consistent either.

If we get the Mizzou team that played Kentucky, Indiana, UGA, or SC, we win big. If we get the team that played the Ags we still have a shot to win. They're not world beaters.

Agreed. Let's hope the Vols have a great week of practice and erase all doubt about our postseason fortunes.

Depends on which Mizzou team shows up. Hopefully the team that played Indiana shows up and Hurd puts up 409 yards:rock:

Definitely wouldn't say Mizzou is a better team than us. At least not the team that just played Kentucky. The team that played against USC probably.

UT out talents Mizz, Dobbs is hot.

No reason for UT to lose.

Devil's advocate: We out talented them last year and was blown out. Their coach is great with less talent, and their strength is our weakness.

This game scares me, as I think this may be the game Dobbs comes back to earth. Just to show people that I'm not a negavol, I do think we are going bowling this year, and we can beat Mizzou, but it won't be easy. They are in a must win mode to win the east.

I did a little statistical sketch, just for fun.

I reviewed a few stats of both UT and Missouri's against same competition (UGA, UF, SCAR and Kentucky). Here is the breakdown, using averages.

UT gained 447.5 ypg, to Mizzou's 216.5 ypg.
UT gave up 388.75 ypg, to Mizzou's 307.5 ypg.
UT averages scoring 34 points and giving up 26, where Mizzou averages scoring 21 and giving up 20.

Using those numbers, UT's offense has performed, on average, about 1.6x better against the same defenses than Mizzou, while Mizzou's defense has held the same offenses to about 75% of their average production.

I don't really know what any of this means, or if it is even meaningful, but it is fun to look at (for me anyway).

I do think we match up well vs Mizzou. A&Ms defense was terrible, they did not stop the run. If we can force Mizzou to throw the ball, and shut down their running game we will have a really good shot. Like I said, I like the way our defense matches up vs their offense, and playing at Neyland will really help. I just hope there is no more injuries.

Devil's advocate: We out talented them last year and was blown out. Their coach is great with less talent, and their strength is our weakness.

This game scares me, as I think this may be the game Dobbs comes back to earth. Just to show people that I'm not a negavol, I do think we are going bowling this year, and we can beat Mizzou, but it won't be easy. They are in a must win mode to win the east.

276172_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-I-See-What-You-Did-There_1920x1200.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Some of the throws Mauk made were really good with the defenders right on them. I'm on the fence with this one. If we get off to a slow start. We could be in trouble as it will affect these young players confidence. If we can hit it out of the gates and keep the confidence of 2 big wins going. I say we win. Big? Not sure, they do have a good defense. This will be an interesting story line as the week goes on.

Randolph has to sit the first half. Crowder is at least questionable right now. And Mizzou is much better than Kentucky.

TK can hold down the first half. Weisman has this week to clean up his snaps, and may be a little stronger than Crowder.

Good chance we punch Georgia's ticket to Atlanta.

VN Store

Back