Disappointing loss, but fan reactions are embarrassing

Sure, we should have not lost to Ga State, but there is no excuse for the complete melt down by Tennessee fans. Support the team and staff as they both grow and improve. It starts with good recruiting classes and building depth which Pruitt is doing. I was disappointed with Saturday’s outcome but I am a graduate and VFL and expect this team to improve.
Grow?? Are you serious? We went from beating Kentucky and Auburn which both was ranked teams to this cluster f¥ck!!!!!

Sure, we should have not lost to Ga State, but there is no excuse for the complete melt down by Tennessee fans. Support the team and staff as they both grow and improve. It starts with good recruiting classes and building depth which Pruitt is doing. I was disappointed with Saturday’s outcome but I am a graduate and VFL and expect this team to improve.

Fans want to see improvement from the 5-7 team of last year.

It’s not happening! We have regressed the last 3 games we’ve played. This last game was against a Ga St team pick last in there division of the freaking Sun Belt conference.

Fans have every right to be pissed as they seem fit.

Personally, i dont blame the fans one bit for being pissed off. Most are probably done expecting the team to improve after 12 years. Eventually it needs to transfer to the football field

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
You got it all wrong, the fans who are melting down are the ones who have supported this program relentlessly during all the lows and the minimal highs over the past 20 years. Enough is enough, that team that played yesterday was not interested in giving their all for Tennessee, they were not interested in putting on a strong opening performance, they were not interested in being there, but GA State was and they beat the Vols asses!!! There was nothing I saw yesterday that would give me or thousands of other fans any hope for a winning season, little lone a bowl game....it is what it is......so the fans who are jumping off the ship, I do not blame them. It is expensive to go to the games, it is a time/travel commitment for a lot of fans and they have shown up consistently supporting this program. A lot of them believe there are better things to do with their hard earned money and time on Saturdays than to watch a school field a team of unmotivated players who could care less about who they play for. The best part of game day these days is the pageantry that leads up to the game. Instead of tearing into the fans, how about you tear into the UT administration that has been run by morons for almost a quarter century.....or maybe tear into the players who have no heart on that sacred field.......better yet, question what the hell is going on with this program. It is a sick program and is on life support where the fans are concerned. If this team is already this lethargic with their opening game against a team they should have beat by 4 scores, I do not know what magic wand can be waved to correct it. I will be there for every home game and maybe we will see some improvement and if they kick the cougars tails next weekend convincingly then maybe there is hope, but it will be very hard for this team to get the worst home loss in Neyland history out of their psyche.......

I wasn’t thinking of losing to State, but I really could not see why the expectations for this year should be any better than last year. Just what about this year’s team was going to make this an improving season? I didn’t see anything to justify raised expectations.
It's called hope. And a lot of that went down the drain yesterday. If we can't beat Georgia State, how in this world will we beat ANY SEC team?

Shut up!

Incorrect, the embarrassment was the woeful effort & performance against GA ST resulting in TNs worst loss in program history.

There is NO EXCUSE for the complete meltdown by the team and staff yesterday!

The Tennessee fans have held together quite well considering the 💩 show they saw yesterday.

Last edited:
123_1(16).gif

These fans have always been embarrassing. It was a bad loss but we still have a season to play. Now I know you products of time out want everything your way but it ain't happening so grow up.
Just curious, but how long have you been following the Vols? Because I'm 53 and have been a Vol fan since before I can remember, as in since I was a tot; I grew up with this passion. I am definitely not a product of "time-out", and I sure as heck don't need you to tell me to grow up because I'm not happy with a crap product put out by administrators who are stealing money from the fans and this state and have been for twelve years now. People like you that show up game after game no matter how incompetently the UTAD is managed are part of the problem.

Reactions: WilliamVOLlace
Disappointing. Disappointing loss? Hahahahaha! Doesn’t even come close to describing it. “Disappointing” is a woefully inadequate description of the travesty that happened in that stadium yesterday. That loss, this program, the admin and BOT isn’t a disappointment. It’s a decade long making of a total clusterf***, making this team the laughingstock of the SEC. The reactions of the fans isn’t nearly as embarrassing as the admin that keeps trying to coax us back into that stadium to watch a pathetic product. They want to p!$$ down our leg and tell us it’s raining outside.
2-10 Ga State, in the SunBelt Conference - with a program only in existence for not even ten years, walks into our stadium and handles us...and you’re worried about fan reaction?? Gimme a break.

It also starts with accountability. Players need to be held accountable by coaches and coaches need to be accountable as well. Nothing wrong with verbalizing one’s displeasure with the status quo. Al least a large number of fans are able to show that they have some passion. Ignoring the obvious is just an attempt to camouflage complacency.
Also, another UT grad and VFL here.

There you go using common sense and you know that's not allowed here!!!!

If this can base isn't firing coaches or calling for firings then they aren't happy!! Yeah losing suks but yesterday was embarrassing I get it, but ya know sometimes you get what you deserve and this fan base needs to realize this isn't the glory days of the '90's and we've heard nothing but complaining since then. They complain and get what they want then they complain some more and want something different!!

Patience is virtue and we Volunteers have none. This is why we don't n can't have nice things. So yeah let's go ahead and fire the whole staff and start over and see where that gets us.
I suppose you think we'd be winning NCs every year now if we had given Dooley or Jones more time? By that same logic Bama was foolish to can Mike Dubose, which means they wouldn't have hired Nick Saban. You know, the coach who was their sixth different head coach in ten years?

Last edited:
One way this starts to mean anything to fans and players is for 1, just 1 player to stand up and give the lecture of his life to this team. I think a mean ass LB should be the guy. Kick some ass on the field, and just get inside their heads. Once that happens, we as fans will pick up on it and start to have feelings again.

Ok... I am thinking of Al Wilson... maybe they ought to get him to kick this teams mental ass all over Neyland for an afternoon.

While I do still think it’s possible to turn this thing around, I find it highly unlikely. That would require beating BYU, and then Florida. The meltdown of the fans is understandable if you watched any part of the game. No effort. No leaders. It was almost like nobody cared, including coaches. There’s no way to spin it; I’ve never seen a more pathetic attempt at a football game

Thanks for the admonition Jeremy. Now get back to work!

I've been a Vol my entire life and will die one. But I will not accept the piss poor effort and lack of preparation we saw yesterday. Pruitt deserves every degree of heat he is getting.

Biggest advice as I’m getting long in the tooth, stop buying into the hype.. it will make you less disappointed.. at this moment in life I’m like the Missouri motto... Show Me!

VN Store

Back