Disappointing loss, but fan reactions are embarrassing

The problem is you have a passionate fan base who has energy and drive...which is not what you see from Pruitt. At least I haven’t seen it yet.

Maybe the time he kicked the whiteboard but where was he yesterday. He reminds me of a sloth and acts like he’s half asleep during interviews. How you could not be pissed off after that game I have no idea

Sure, we should have not lost to Ga State, but there is no excuse for the complete melt down by Tennessee fans. Support the team and staff as they both grow and improve. It starts with good recruiting classes and building depth which Pruitt is doing. I was disappointed with Saturday’s outcome but I am a graduate and VFL and expect this team to improve.
Keep fighting the good fight. UTAD needs sheep like you more than ever right now.

I don’t think the fans are reacting bad enough honestly. The way in which we lost an opener is beyond unacceptable for a year 2 coach. Everyone is right, if things don’t change fast, there will be nothing left to rebuild. You can’t expect everyone to just hitch their wagon to the 6th coach in 11 years. Especially given UTs coaching search record.

The problem is you have a passionate fan base who has energy and drive...which is not what you see from Pruitt. At least I haven’t seen it yet.

Maybe the time he kicked the whiteboard but where was he yesterday. He reminds me of a sloth and acts like he’s half asleep during interviews. How you could not be pissed off after that game I have no idea

Exactly right.

These fans have always been embarrassing. It was a bad loss but we still have a season to play. Now I know you products of time out want everything your way but it ain't happening so grow up.

I don't think you realize what a soul crushing loss this is for the fan base and the program. UT's answer will be to make more stadium improvements and enlarge the practice facility. The more things change around here the more they stay the same.

These fans have always been embarrassing. It was a bad loss but we still have a season to play. Now I know you products of time out want everything your way but it ain't happening so grow up.

Yes because everyone just started wanting us to not be a laughing stock yesterday. Do y'all pumpers actually forget how long this has been going on for? Who's your weed guy?

Sure, we should have not lost to Ga State, but there is no excuse for the complete melt down by Tennessee fans. Support the team and staff as they both grow and improve. It starts with good recruiting classes and building depth which Pruitt is doing. I was disappointed with Saturday’s outcome but I am a graduate and VFL and expect this team to improve.
No excuse? Yeah right.

Sometimes i wonder why we pay millions of dollars to these guys. They don't seem like Mensa meeting material too me.

The best job in the world is to be a head coach of a major college football team. What other job pays a person millions of dollars a year REGARDLESS of how good OR bad they are at it? In fact, as happens over and over at Tennessee, a coach can be such an epic failure that he gets fired and then continues to be paid millions of dollars TO NOT COACH.

Oh my god. It makes my head hurt that such a painfully long line of bozos has been successful ONLY in coming in and making empty promises before taking their turn at sucking more life out of the program before taking millions of dollars on their way out the door.

It’s sickening.

You're absolutely right. After the worst loss in Tennessee football history in a year when many people thought 8 wins possible is no reason at all to melt down. I mean I'm sure there's a situation that's worse than this one coming to save our meltdown for.

I wasn’t thinking of losing to State, but I really could not see why the expectations for this year should be any better than last year. Just what about this year’s team was going to make this an improving season? I didn’t see anything to justify raised expectations.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
What is embarrassing is the University of Tennessee's obsession with hiring Sabanista boys to do what is a man's job.

The fans rage because of frustration at the incompetence on display and the warning signs amply provided by the head coach over his time in charge that he is substantially ill-prepared to lead a football program.

The blame rests on the leadership of this University, which has been poor on multiple levels for several years now. What is going on now is not the fault of fans because we have no say in a process that somehow places an emphasis on loud-mouthed enthusiasm over proven results in the hiring of head coaches.

At some point, those coach-worshippers who never fail to blame the fans for the incompetence of the University of Tennessee have to be honest with themselves and stop shifting the blame away from the institutional leadership responsible for this debacle.

Good lord, the amount of people that seem to be acting like yesterday was in any way acceptable or “saw coming” is unreal.

I’m going to repeat what I’ve said several times; Dooley’s worst team would have smoked this Georgia St. team.

VN Store

Back