Disappointing loss, but fan reactions are embarrassing

Sure, we should have not lost to Ga State, but there is no excuse for the complete melt down by Tennessee fans. Support the team and staff as they both grow and improve. It starts with good recruiting classes and building depth which Pruitt is doing. I was disappointed with Saturday’s outcome but I am a graduate and VFL and expect this team to improve.
I don't even know what to say. That would all be fine and good if we were improving. We have lost three consecutive games each worse than the other. This is totally unacceptable. I have to preach this all the time. The reason we're in this mess is we have too many fans that are okay with mediocrity or worse and then we stick with these Jokers way too long which means the next guy has even a deeper hole to dig out of. I'm realistic I know they're not going to fire Pruitt. But I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt he's not going to be the one to get it done so if we hang on to him too long then there may never be any coming back. I don't understand this mindset of expecting it to take 10 years to show Improvement when other schools do it a lot faster.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
You are the very reason UT Football sucks this bad and all the other stuff .

Sure, we should have not lost to Ga State, but there is no excuse for the complete melt down by Tennessee fans. Support the team and staff as they both grow and improve. It starts with good recruiting classes and building depth which Pruitt is doing. I was disappointed with Saturday’s outcome but I am a graduate and VFL and expect this team to improve.

Dude just freaking stop its already. I have supported this team through thick and thin since 1985. I agree that it takes building depth and recruiting. But those excuses wont fly here. If you cannot see what we truly just witnessed then you are being intentionally blnd.

Do you just cut & paste this message every year for the last 15 years? Asking for a friend...

Chattanooga:rolleyes:
UAB will beat us. Guarantee it. I for one am sick and tired of some people continuing to say, "oh, lets be positive, it's only one game." Respectfully, UT fans have been more than patient. If we continue to take the approach of lets be positive its only one game, we will never get a better product. I personally think the fans should be upset, and should demand a better product than what we're getting. You don't have to have great talent to hustle, play with heart, play with enthusiasm, and actually act like you want to be there. That's 100% on Pruitt. If we continue to accept this kind of crap, we will continue to get one pathetic team after another.

UAB will beat us. Guarantee it. I for one am sick and tired of some people continuing to say, "oh, lets be positive, it's only one game." Respectfully, UT fans have been more than patient. If we continue to take the approach of lets be positive its only one game, we will never get a better product. I personally think the fans should be upset, and should demand a better product than what we're getting. You don't have to have great talent to hustle, play with heart, play with enthusiasm, and actually act like you want to be there. That's 100% on Pruitt. If we continue to accept this kind of crap, we will continue to get one pathetic team after another.

Screw being patient. Frankly that excuse has run its course. There was absolutely nothing to be positive about this game. You also dont need great talent to beat a team that you were favored to beat at home by 26.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
That’s in doubt at this point.
My how the mighty have fallen. One of the most storied programs , and devoted fan bases in the country has finally waved the white flag. If we lose to BYU and I'm not sure we can beat UAB at this point. The lights on Neyland may be cut off for good. I don't think we can out live that one.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I felt zero emotion from kickoff until the clock read 0:00 in the 4th quarter...just like the team.
It’s an odd feeling isn’t it? I think apathy has finally sat in on this program, from the administration to the coaching staff to the players to the fans. I thought I was pumped for the start of another season but as the game unfolded I was as emotionless and flat as our football program. I really didn’t even get mad, I was just shocked but at the same time it’s like I’ve been waiting on this moment for the last 15 years, It finally happened and I was like, meh.
GBO,I guess!!

Reactions: KELSOWAVOL
My how the mighty have fallen. One of the most storied programs , and devoted fan bases in the country has finally waved the white flag. If we lose to BYU and I'm not sure we can beat UAB at this point. The lights on Neyland may be cut off for good. I don't think we can out live that one.
You summed it up better than I could, I think a lot of us have finally thrown in the towel.
GBO!!

Dude just freaking stop its already. I have supported this team through thick and thin since 1985. I agree that it takes building depth and recruiting. But those excuses wont fly here. If you cannot see what we truly just witnessed then you are being intentionally blnd.

So do you still think it takes 4-5 years to really evaluate a coach?

Reactions: McDad
I put just as much blame on the players as I do the coaches. Do you really want to be the worst TN team of all time? It could happen or be close. Too much talent to get b!tchslapped like that. Embarrassing for all. Considered the worst conference loss in over 40 years.

Last edited:
IMG_7849(1).jpg

At this point, we’ve been burned so much for so long that if Phil announces Saban as HC, Dabo as Defensive Coordinator, Myer as Offensive Coordinator, and Charlotte McKinney as Recruiting Coordinator that until they win ALOT then I ain’t jumping on the band wagon no more. Piss on it. Even with that staff it’s UT and the stadium could implode or a swarm of locusts could happen and the season would be cancelled or some chit. I’m done getting my hopes up for a good skull effing

Take this Pollyanna garbage and gtfo.... no one around here is in the mood for this rah rah crap

Last edited:

VN Store

Back