'24 DC OT Jordan Seaton (Future Portal Entry)

That's not even remotely true. No program has ever even been accused of paying an athlete anywhere near a million dollars before NIL and now it happens all the time. The market price and the game are completely different.

You have no idea what they were paid because it was all under the table, but that completely misses the point. Obviously the market is evolving since it's moved into the light, but the statement that there was no market prior to NIL is provably false. My point remains. Just because someone is willing to pay something doesn't really establish the worth of the thing, only the desperation of the buyer. Believe what you will about how Spyre plays the game, but I choose to believe that we have some adults in charge and they have a rational view of what is a reasonable price to pay. Given that they dug deep for Nico I trust them to invest heavily when they deem it appropriate. Until weakness manifests on the field I have no problem with them walking away, rather than get sucked into bidding wars because a bunch of forum warriors think they should throw the bank at every passing 5*.

That's not even remotely true. No program has ever even been accused of paying an athlete anywhere near a million dollars before NIL and now it happens all the time. The market price and the game are completely different.
Newton turned down a quarter of a million.

and the value and money in football have only increased since his time.

Nick Saban was the first, and only Coach in the nation getting 6 million a year back in 2010. There are going to be 14 coaches making more than that in the SEC next season.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Newton turned down a quarter of a million.

and the value and money in football have only increased since his time.

Nick Saban was the first, and only Coach in the nation getting 6 million a year back in 2010. There are going to be 14 coaches making more than that in the SEC next season.
Cam Newton accusations were 120-180 grand, which, as i stated is nowhere near a million dollars. Coaches salaries have absolutely nothing to do with player NIL deals.

Cam Newton accusations were 120-180 grand, which, as i stated is nowhere near a million dollars. Coaches salaries have absolutely nothing to do with player NIL deals.

I remember some references to $230k...14 years ago...in the shadows. Of course the game has changed with NIL, but NIL didn't create the market, which was the whole point.

Reactions: Volunteer821
I can tell you right now based off this guys official visits, he is going to ohio state. No kid from DC is going to choose any of those schools when Ohio state is a few hours away.

I can tell you right now based off this guys official visits, he is going to ohio state. No kid from DC is going to choose any of those schools when Ohio state is a few hours away.

Hasn’t USC jr like gotten 2 five stars from that area the last years? They have the OV too. Wonder if Beamer can hoodwink another kid

Reactions: jlindsa4

What’s your definition of “few”?

I guess a reasonable 6.5 hour distance. Everything else is 15 + hours away. I understand schools will fly parents in but distance is a factor when extended family/others want to visit.
Yeah Beamer did steal a few away, but given the choice between those programs, I can’t see him choosing USCjr. Then again, money talks. If this guy is highly touted OL recruit, though, I might expect OSU to pull out the checkbook also.

The UTSA game is on the 23rd, leaving that possibility open still
Notice that language doesn't say "a Top 6." It says "has locked in 6 visits." What are the odds that this is Hayes with a troll, posting this intentionally before Seaton sets up a visit with us and then announced an official "Top Whatever"?

VN Store

Back