David Johnson new WR coach

Hey, good to see someone else from Little Elm that is a Vols fan. Where in Little Elm do you live?

Wynfield Farms area off of Eldorado...previously. Live in Frisco now...a few miles away.

I like these. This is credibility.

Attachments

• D11DDAF7-A5B3-411B-A64F-82ADDDF1F5F9.jpg
    D11DDAF7-A5B3-411B-A64F-82ADDDF1F5F9.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 28C6C875-D301-4DC2-85EA-DDA532578533.jpg
    28C6C875-D301-4DC2-85EA-DDA532578533.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 3 people
One of the things I like about Pruitt hires is that they have legacy relationships with MANY top notch players from other schools in the SEC footprint, as can be seen from visitors this past weekend. Don't recall this happening with staff hires in recent memory, except for maybe Scott to some degree in FL.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sold on Johnson's strength as a recruiter (4 recruits thus far for Memphis 2018 - 2 - 3*'s the rest 2 or below). However, I understand he is a great WR coach, so if he lives up to his reputation in that regard... great... he can work on the recruiting skills and that can come later. Right now, we need coaches who can coach!
Should be a little easier to recruit top talent to UT than to Memphis, no? Particularly now that UT has one of the best coaching staffs in the country (just an opinion from a college-football moron...)

My nephew Brandon Johnson going to have have a break out year with this new Wr coach. No excuse why he shouldn't have over a 1,000 yards wr with over 7 tds. It wouldn't shock me if he leads the team in Wr yards in 2018..Callaway should definitely have a good year too. We may have two wr with a thousand yards...

Reactions: 5 people
My nephew Brandon Johnson going to have have a break out year with this new Wr coach. No excuse why he shouldn't have over a 1,000 yards wr with over 7 tds. It wouldn't shock me if he leads the team in Wr yards in 2018..Callaway should definitely have a good year too. We may have two wr with a thousand yards...

After last years passing game troubles I'd be thrilled with one 1,000+ yard receiver. Not sure if we'll throw (well) enough to have two.

You have a nephew, huh? :)

j/k glad he’s pumped. He calling him “Coach YAC” yet?

If the ball goes in the air, we'll find a way to catch it---David Johnson

Not complicated and to the point.

As a former receiver, I love this advice. One thing I really think the previous staff didn't understand is that there's no one formula for correctly catching a football for every situation. Ideally you grab it with two hands outside of your body, but sometimes body catches or one-handed catches are the best ways to beat a particular coverage or catch a particular throw. "Finding a way" also underscores that it's the receiver's responsibility to catch EVERY throw, even the bad ones. No excuses!

Also, I love this guy's energy. Good hire IMO!

As a former receiver, I love this advice. One thing I really think the previous staff didn't understand is that there's no one formula for correctly catching a football for every situation. Ideally you grab it with two hands outside of your body, but sometimes body catches or one-handed catches are the best ways to beat a particular coverage or catch a particular throw. "Finding a way" also underscores that it's the receiver's responsibility to catch EVERY throw, even the bad ones. No excuses!

Nah, we need our guys to work math equations in their heads while they're trying to catch the ball. :crazy:

I wonder if the staff coaches players to not risk injury by going for difficult catches. Many's the time when you can see players making no effort on passes a little off target. Happens in practice all the time, as if the catch was too much trouble. You'd think a WR coach would not allow that kind of attitude and effort. I'm just a fan, wondering what it is.

I agree. I think Johnson is going to engrain the "find a way" method starting with better mental toughness.

Easy Greazy.....putting the cart wayyyy before the horse here. Leading receiver last year had less than 500 yards. We haven’t had a 1,000 yard receiver here since 2012 and our OL is still very likely to absolutely blow. We’re a long way from having one 1,000 yard wr, much less two.

Easy Greazy.....putting the cart wayyyy before the horse here. Leading receiver last year had less than 500 yards. We haven’t had a 1,000 yard receiver here since 2012 and our OL is still very likely to absolutely blow. We’re a long way from having one 1,000 yard wr, much less two.

We aint that far away. Less be real Butch offense was trash. Brandon will be your 1st 1000 yard wr since 2012 lol book it

VN Store

Back