Cutcliffe is our new man.

Look i know everyone wanted a young up and coming coach like we just had. its exciting and fun and so is going home with the drunk girl at a bar but you know it aint going to last long. tennessee is a tough place to coach at simply bc we have standards like USC but the instate talent of north dakota. give him a chance he will return us back to the top like he did in the 90's

ok bray will probable have the numbers because when was the last time a cdc team knew how to run the ball? and do we remember what happen when you can't run the ball?

He didn't make Peyton Manning or Eli Manning he just happened to be their coach that doesn't mean he is gonna turn Tyler Bray into a God that leads UT to the Championship. He's old and boring and horrible for recruiting

Who would you think selected him to coach the mannings ? Archie... maybe. What about his developement of Heath Shuler in college play ? Tee Martin ? How about the endless array of running backs , wide receivers and offensive linemen ? What about all of the guys that have went to the NFL under his teaching ? What about when he just found that hapless loser Ainge ...and presto chango ...nationally rated and a low level NFL drafty. Is he horrible for recruiting ? Did the offensive kids not line up to play for him during both of his stints at UT ? yeah ...and Kiffins pro style offense was more exciting for which reason ?

We should have a name the next coach contest just like the score picks during the season... a bit late for that now.

I think cut is a good hire. Without cdc the fulmer of the 90's would have been the fulmer of the 2000's. If he gets a good staff and gets some guys that can do some serious recruiting, I think we will be fine. Plus we get to keep kippy as well. At least he is a tennessee guy and we don't have to worry about any of that usc east crap.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Regardless of who becomes our next coach, I'm ALL VOL! And the ones that aren't need to pack their s*** and leave!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bump this after we get skunked by both teams next year

you are aware what i mean by those right? Bama's multiple seasons of winning 6 games or less

uga in the 90s being the perrineal (sp?) year in and out can only win 6-8 games and were most definitely the "congrats on making a bowl game! go represent the conference :good!:" team

The only winning seasons Cut had at Ole Miss was when Eli was the qb...Other than that he has had not ONE winning season as head coach since...This hire is a disaster

I do not think that this was the best hire either, but at least get you facts straight. He had 2 winning seasons at Ole Miss before he had Eli as starting QB. In 99, he was 8-4 and 2000 he was 7-5. Not great records, but still check your facts. I believe both of those seasons he had Romero Mill as QB.

Last edited:
Lets all just try and be humble & except it as it is ,vols will not be down as we may think
,keep our heads up and proud.GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just so deflated by this news. I am so sick of losing to the gators and now the tide are gonna roll for a long time

Look i know everyone wanted a young up and coming coach like we just had. its exciting and fun and so is going home with the drunk girl at a bar but you know it aint going to last long. tennessee is a tough place to coach at simply bc we have standards like USC but the instate talent of north dakota. give him a chance he will return us back to the top like he did in the 90's

Really? In case you've been in a coma for the past 10 years, this isn't the 90's and he couldn't do it at Ole Miss with Eli and he couldn't do it in the weak ACC with Duke. So what the he!! leads you to believe he will do it with a UT team that is way down on talent and depth (thanks PF for that btw) and a recruiting class that is on the brink of collapse?

Oh and speaking of a recruiting class that is on the brink of total collapse, what do you think this hire will do to it?

I really think a lot of the coaches were scared off by the actions of vol fans after lane left what up and coming coach or another coach would want to come here after seeing that

Clearly many of you have did not listen to Hamilton or Kippy's press conference. UT football is not over, and those that say we are living in 98'... 2001,2004,2007, we were in the SEC championship. I agree, and it is clear, we are not the power that we once were. All you Fulmerites, please move on, it is very clear it is time to move on when I coach goes from 10-2, 11-1 every year to 5-7, 7-5, 6-6 on a regular basis. He let it fall, we have only 60 scholarship athletes.. other schools have 85, this is because fulmer, along with Cutcliffe, ran us into the dirt.

Coaches don't want to come here right now because they would be screwing their schools like Kiffin did to us. Kiffin has no integrity or loyalty but that doesn't mean they do not. We could have had anyone we wanted last yr, minus Muschamp. Calhoun, Kelly, Idsall, any of those guys would have come here and they are all up and coming coaches, we picked Kiffin. Just remember what people said when Florida hired urban, the spread wont work in the SEC, he hasn't coached big time football in a big time conference. He has done ok last time I checked. Also, remember the 3yrs Zook was there before Urban, or the 2-3yrs Shula was in Bama before Saban.

I don't like the Cutcliffe hire. I agree he will only bring mediocre results to UT, but we have few options at the moment unless we can pull an nfl guy. Hopefully they can persuade an NFL guy.. Lovie Smith anyone?

I don't think many would argue he is a decent OC slash QB coach but he hasn't proved anything as a HC.If hired we go back to the stone age,WITH PF as AD I would guess.

VN Store

Back