Cutcliffe is our new man.

RNVol

This hire has proved our fears for a few years now espescially around the end of Phil's tenure.

If Tennessee were really a Top 10 or 15 program we wouldn't have to settle for the likes of David Cutcliffe with the intention that he recreates the past under Fulmer in his own way.

This athletic program continues to have people in charge with no intentions to make the right moves towards the future. For 12 years now they have been stuck on 1998, and while everybody else in college football has welcomed the present we're still focused on the past.

Cutcliffe is just another example of this. We continue to be the laughing stock program of the SEC by making horrible decisions when it comes to the football program. Our fanbase continues to be split amongst the Fulmerites who are still stuck in the past and those of us who realize that there is a future of UT football thats being ignored.

Mike Hamilton needs to be fired and run out of town like Lane. An $800K buyout for a guy you want to build the program for the future? What a joke.

/Rant over.

I am in total shock that this is what we have become as a program. Now we might just see Phil Fulmer show back up as AD and have a CEO approach to the football program with Cutcliffe as the Head Coach similar to Oregon's set up with Bellotti and Kelly.

Kiffin has embarrassed us as a whole. Even if the move was good for him, it just proves he only cares about himself. I personally thought he was a shady, lieing peace of crap when I saw him first interview after getting the job. I have always been good judge of people. He is a pretty good coach, with his assistants. So would I though. Glad he is gone, timing just really bad. If we can salvage recruits and weather the storm we may be better off. Wait and SEE!!!!!!

What do you expect from an irrational person who lives in the moment. The guy named his son after Tennessee when he really didn't care about the school.

The guy has no morals.

Kiffin has embarrassed us as a whole. Even if the move was good for him, it just proves he only cares about himself. I personally thought he was a shady, lieing peace of crap when I saw him first interview after getting the job. I have always been good judge of people. He is a pretty good coach, with his assistants. So would I though. Glad he is gone, timing just really bad. If we can salvage recruits and weather the storm we may be better off. Wait and SEE!!!!!!

Listen we've been waiting for 5 years now to see what happens and if they would finally put this program on the right track and its 2010 and a longterm extension, firing, and resignation later we've had 3 coaches in 3 years.

Nobody could've foresaw what happened with Kitten but we took a chance on him and now the university once again scrambles and goes back into safe mode to hire a retread coach here solely because he was here in 1998.

How do you expect a program to progress with moves like Cutcliffe as HC and Phil's old staff back with Phil joining them as AD in a few months? Its getting quite pathetic.

You know the feeling you get after a crushing loss, like the one we had at Bama this year? Multiply that feeling x100, and that's what I feel like right now.

We needed to break out the checkbook, and offer top shelf SEC money, and hit a home run with a HEAD COACH WITH PROVEN ABILITY TO WIN CONSISTENTLY AND WITH LESS TALENT...there were half a dozen golden candidates out there that fit that description...and what do we do?...Settle a tired old Fulmer regime reject...refried beans instead of a T Bone steak.

Why?...because it goes down great with the Fulmerites. They won. Damn Fulmerites strike again.

Last edited:
I am SOOOOO sick of the constant gloom & doom talk. If UT was so irrelevant, our search for a new coach wouldn't be such national news. The timing of everything is causing some potential coaches that may have ben more interested to hold off; but no matter who we hire, we will continue to be one of the most watched programs due to the interest this has generated. A big win or two next season will go a long way towards righting the ship, and except for the O-line, we have the players in place to get that done.

I am SOOOOO sick of the constant gloom & doom talk. If UT was so irrelevant, our search for a new coach wouldn't be such national news. The timing of everything is causing some potential coaches that may have ben more interested to hold off; but no matter who we hire, we will continue to be one of the most watched programs due to the interest this has generated. A big win or two next season will go a long way towards righting the ship, and except for the O-line, we have the players in place to get that done.

It doesnt matter "righting the ship" for next season or 2012. Its about putting in place a plan for the future so our program can see some sort of progress.

Its pure ignorance at this point of us being a Nationally relevant program. We're in the SEC so of course we're going to make news but at this point we're still the third or 4th most Nationally relevant program in our own division.

We're battling with USC right now with Spurrier's relevancy vs our history. We cant progress with this love for the old regime and it will continue to piss our fans off.

You know the feeling you get after a crushing loss, like the one we had at Bama this year? Multiply that feeling x100, and that's what I feel like right now.

We needed to break out the checkbook, and offer top shelf SEC money, and hit a home run with a HEAD COACH WITH PROVEN ABILITY TO WIN CONSISTENTLY AND WITH LESS TALENT...there were half a dozen golden candidates out there that fit that description...and what do we do?...Settle a tired old Fulmer regime reject...refried beans instead of a T Bone steak.

Why?...because it goes down great with the Fulmerites. They won. Damn Fulmerites strike again.
I feel the same way.

Thats why I mentioned LSU's irrelevance throughout the 80's and 90's until they went and grabbed Saban.

Its just pathetic at this point. Why Mike Hamilton why? Did you do this to make Fulmer happy when he replaces you?

we will tread water or worse for the next 5 years at least... think about how hard it will be to get rid of cut-above if he takes over a program in ruins...

anybody but a fulmerite

TN is not irrelevant but we do have issues. We are climbing out of a hole in the SEC and thats a big job. As a matter of fact, TN's relevancy may be part of the problem. High expectations, lots of pressure, long hours is not something everyone wants.

with apologies to the VN for repeating Dumbo's phrase... I'm all in boys. If it's going to be CDC, then so be it. I'm going to cheer just as hard as I have the last 30 years. Look for continued discipline, and great QB development and play.

Go Vols!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The only winning seasons Cut had at Ole Miss was when Eli was the qb...Other than that he has had not ONE winning season as head coach since...This hire is a disaster

He didn't make Peyton Manning or Eli Manning he just happened to be their coach that doesn't mean he is gonna turn Tyler Bray into a God that leads UT to the Championship. He's old and boring and horrible for recruiting

if it is cut, we wont win a single game next year

ok now that's just stupid; i'm not happy with the hire, but he's not anywhere near that bad either

reality: we were probably only winning 4-6 games next year b/c of the entire coaching staff leaving, all our recruits going elsewhere, and having to break in another completely new coaching staff while replacing almost everyone on the line and QB next season as well as multiple DBs (and some Dlinemen correct?)

VN Store

Back