Cutcliffe is our new man.

if it is cut, we wont win a single game next year

I nominate the above post for MOST STUPID POST OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen, I know some folks will not be excited by this hire but if you look at the facts, Cut is a damn good coach. His offenses score points. They are not flashy but they are always good. Fulmer's best years were when Cut was OC. LOOK IT UP!!! Timing is everything and we need a head coach now. Right now to salvage the recruits.

Come home, Coach Cut.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many of the posters bashing Cutcliffe were old enough to sit back, enjoy a beer, and watch us destroy Bama 41-14, or witness Shuler tear up the SEC?

He is the reason we won the title in '98 and his leaving is what got Fulmer exposed.

That is all.

Come home, Coach Cut.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many of the posters bashing Cutcliffe were old enough to sit back, enjoy a beer, and watch us destroy Bama 41-14, or witness Shuler tear up the SEC?

He is the reason we won the title in '98 and his leaving is what got Fulmer exposed.

That is all.
We're all old enough to remember his play calling cost us an SEC title in 2007.

He is wanting to bring ALOT of the Duke coaching staff with him. Here is MY problem with that. They are DUKES COACHING STAFF!!! They can't even compete in the ACC?!?!?!?

We have some great coaches on our staff. We need to KEEP Kippy Brown, Willie Mack Garza, James Cregg, Lance Thompson, and Jim Chaney. SURE Cutcliffe coached the Mannings but Chaney did a heck of a job with Drew Breese. ALSO Chaney and Cregg turned walkon linemen into starters and kept our qb's outta trouble.

WE NEED TO KEEP THESE COACHES. They are key in our recruiting and can't afford to lose them. Get a coach who will bring a couple assistants with them. I'd say that Lance soaked up ALOT of info being up Monte's ass on the sidelines every Saturday this season.

Leave CDC in the ACC, and get someone with some fire that want's to be a TN MAN! Lock him up in a contract, and let's get back to working towards NSD.. which is in less than 3 WEEKS! WERE LOSING VALUABLE TIME!

Your job rides this desicion Mike Hamilton, no pressure.

GO VOLS!!!

Come home, Coach Cut.

That is all.

what happend to him when eli left ole miss??? just saying

Look i know everyone wanted a young up and coming coach like we just had. its exciting and fun and so is going home with the drunk girl at a bar but you know it aint going to last long. tennessee is a tough place to coach at simply bc we have standards like USC but the instate talent of north dakota. give him a chance he will return us back to the top like he did in the 90's

Really? And Cutcliffe is ready to take us on a 20 year run? He's a complete band-aid hire in the best case scenario.

The main problem is the people in charge of selecting the next coach are apparently so afraid of getting screwed again that they aren't even trying to go big.

CDC is enough to get us on the right track and hold the program steady until Peyton takes over in 3-4 yrs. JMO

I know which would be a major failure to bring a staff from an ivy league school (might as well be) to compete in the SEC..

Yeah. Peyton will take over with no other coaching experience. Why don't we just let the team coach itself?

Again, all of you old farts are living in the past. Noone is arguing with how good of a coach Cut was in 94' or 97'. He can develop a quarterback, ex.A Ainge. However, look closely what Cut left us with after he was gone? He was in charge of recruiting quarterbacks and the only one he brought in was.... anyone know? Ding ding ding ding Nick Stephens.. What a great recruiter he is, really bringing in that A-list talent to coach up. Cutcliffe is regulated to Duke because he is past his prime and does not possess the ability to handle a real program. I mean, come on he got booted by Ole Miss. perennial doormat for the joke Sec West.

I appreciate the good of Cuts past, and Fulmer for that matter, but it is 2010 not 92', these recruits weren't even born when Shuler was and Co. was whippin Bama old man.

What a stupid statement. Manning will still be playing in the NFL in 3-4 years. He could play 8 more seasons.

If he is good enough for Heath and Peyton, he is good enough for me.

LISTEN.......it's not whether the guy can coach or not....he for sure can...he's a heck of a football coach. The problem is he has the personality of my sack and is not going to be able to go into GA, FL, TX, LA, SC, etc. and win 4 & 5 star kids over. He will have to have some massive recruiting help in order to even remotely give us a chance at being competitive......sometime in the semi-distant future. There.

VN Store

Back