Current Players View of Dooley

This just shows their fans don't have much more sense that the supposed fans on here.

No. It shows that their fans have enough sense to judge a coach's merits by the performance of his team on the field.

I can't blame Arkansas fans for wanting a Dooley-coached team on the schedule. After our last game, I wouldn't blame Arkansas-Monticello's Boll-Weevils if they wanted a shot at Tennessee now.

You don't think Saban has a coach working with his kickers/punters during practice?

I believe Fuad Reveiz when he says we have no one working with these kids. Do you really believe Ron Widby, Neil Clabo, Craig Colquitt, Alan Duncan, and Fuad Reveiz would have become the best players at their positions without a coach's guidance?

Talent doesn't just develop through osmosis. Someone has to work to bring that talent to the fore. We're not getting that from this staff in areas we should be getting it with returning players from year 1 to year 2.

They go to off-season kicking camps, most kickers practice with the other kickers and they don't typically even work out with the other team members. It is a different position. For years we didn't even have a special teams coach, now you expect an x- nfl kicker on staff to work with Palardy?! Get real.

No. It shows that their fans have enough sense to judge a coach's merits by the performance of his team on the field.

I can't blame Arkansas fans for wanting a Dooley-coached team on the schedule. After our last game, I wouldn't blame Arkansas-Monticello's Boll-Weevils if they wanted a shot at Tennessee now.

Ok smart guy, tell me who wanted this job when Dooley took it? Muschamps said no and everyone else on the list, BEFORE it even got to a discussion of money! Who else would have won against the schedule we had with the squad of freshmen we played. I don't love Dooley, never met him and never heard of him prior to his introduction, but I sure would like to give him a chance to finish the job, at least with a full roster of players to choose from. You need to find a new team with good coaches, because you obviously are too dumb or too immature to understand what it takes to put a broken program back together. Nobody wins in the SEC playing 24 freshmen in a season against the 13th toughest schedule in the country. If you felt like they should have won 9 games then that is your fault for your lack of reality, and complete ignorance of football.

What???? Saban stepped into a much better situation and Saban also had a much better resume and history which bought him more credibility.

What morons! Saban won a national championship with juniors and seniors recruited by Shula! They never had a team at Alabama without senior leadership to keep the underlings in check. They didn't lose a whole class of recruits and play 24 freshmen in year two...nobody in the SEC has probably ever had to do that. Saban had a full roster of men on day 1.

Ok smart guy, tell me who wanted this job when Dooley took it? Muschamps said no and everyone else on the list, BEFORE it even got to a discussion of money! Who else would have won against the schedule we had with the squad of freshmen we played. I don't love Dooley, never met him and never heard of him prior to his introduction, but I sure would like to give him a chance to finish the job, at least with a full roster of players to choose from. You need to find a new team with good coaches, because you obviously are too dumb or too immature to understand what it takes to put a broken program back together. Nobody wins in the SEC playing 24 freshmen in a season against the 13th toughest schedule in the country. If you felt like they should have won 9 games then that is your fault for your lack of reality, and complete ignorance of football.

I didn't expect them to win 9 games. I expected a struggle with new starters experiencing slow, but gradual progress made towards the end. I also expected to see strong improvement with the areas of our team that had experience.

How many freshmen were starting on the offensive line? How many freshmen were starting at running back?

If you can't develop the returning talent you do have within your squad, then how on earth can you expect the coaches (on offense in particular) to develop returning talent in the future?

How do you coach a line averaging 3.48 yards per carry opening enough holes to turn Tauren Poole into a 1000 yard rusher one year and transform it the next year into a line averaging 2.77 yards per carry that couldn't even run the damn ball on Kentucky?

All of these reports and rumors of "Dooley has lost the locker room" or "the players hate Dooley" couldn't be further from the truth and honestly shows how awful and ignorant some of our fan base truly has become.

I am best friends with several members of this team, one a starter. I talk to him every week and he assures me that they players respect and like Dooley. Sure during a sub par year with a lot of adversity there are going to be rifts on every team, that's to be expected when everyone cares about something and you come up short. And yes, there are always going to be a few when times get tough that start pointing the finger (Rodgers) He tells me what this team lacked and desperately needed was leadership among the players, which never came.

Maybe if our so called fans quit bashing the absolute crap out of 18-22 year old kids and actually cheered for and not against our team and our coach, it would help these boys relax. Derek Dooley stepped into a job that NOBODY wanted. It's that simple... I'm not saying he's the next Nick Saban, but the man deserves our respect and support for AT LEAST another year before our fan base starts to show this level of ignorance and insanity toward him and our program.

I am not sitting here saying he has done everything right, but the guy has represented us with class and has worked his butt off to try to bring in the best talent he can recruiting wise, which will help us get better the quickest b/c we have VERY LITTLE talent on our roster. As I've mentioned before, you cannot expect to win games especially in this conference with two or three good players. Then, when two of the three go down with injuries you have to accept that that's football and play with what you have and not be shocked when Dooley cannot pull out a miracle.

Give this man a chance. Next year if we don't see signs of improvement (that's doesn't mean winning the SEC championship) then all of you so called fans can begin to question Dooley and whether or not he is the guy for the job... These are hard times on Rocky Top and this past season did not go as the fans had hoped, but quit acting like a bunch of crazed ignorant fools and either get on board and accept this past year for what it was, or leave and go torment someone else's program.
Thanks for the article. Many of us know just what you said. Others enjoy being fools.

They go to off-season kicking camps, most kickers practice with the other kickers and they don't typically even work out with the other team members. It is a different position. For years we didn't even have a special teams coach, now you expect an x- nfl kicker on staff to work with Palardy?! Get real.

Another one who apparently never heard of George Cafego.

Yeah Flathead: Cafego spent 50 years at Tennessee sunning himself on Shields-Watkins Field. He never coached kickers or punters at all. He never existed.

:banghead2:

VN Store

Back