Cuonzo v Barnes v Pearl

Zo is a good coach who is only going to get better. He is coaching in a very tough conference with a young team & still did a good job. I hope he does well in the tournament,I am pulling for him. Could you imagine what people on here would be saying if we beat Zo the way we beat Bruce the other day?

Reactions: 3 people
Zo is a good coach who is only going to get better. He is coaching in a very tough conference with a young team & still did a good job. I hope he does well in the tournament,I am pulling for him. Could you imagine what people on here would be saying if we beat Zo the way we beat Bruce the other day?

He is probably going to lose Rooks, Rabb, and Brown to the NBA this year..all underclassman

Reactions: 1 person
They are from the game thread vs Utah..today they are mad because Oregon doubled Poetl and shut him down..he scored 29 I think vs Cal

The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7

In reviewing that thread, I think it would be a gross overstatement to suppose the entire Cal fan base is up in arms and angry with Martin over of this strategy. The OP in that thread merely pointed this out with little extra comment. On balance, that thread seems to be glad with the team's performance overall because they had a chance to win at the end, but came up short.

And best friends with Rabb. Yes, Butch has had a lot of help with legacy players and in-states.

Best players on the team are Hurd,Barnett,JRM,Sutton,Dobbs and Kirkland...who'd their daddies play for?

So let me get this straight..it's inexcusable for Holly to lose 13 games playing the nation's toughest schedule with the same number of McDonald's all-americans that Cal had..but his team was young and getting better? I get it now..it's one of those double standard thingees

Reactions: 2 people
Best players on the team are Hurd,Barnett,JRM,Sutton,Dobbs and Kirkland...who'd their daddies play for?

All I said was he had a lot of help with legacy guys and IN-STATE guys. Half the people you mentioned are TN products.

All I said was he had a lot of help with legacy guys and IN-STATE guys. Half the people you mentioned are TN products.

I noticed and disregarded the instate part. We don't get those TN players under Dooley so I'd give Butch a little more credit.

I think this speaks volumes to the Barnes's coaching. If you look at the teams surrounding us on that list, it's all 20+ win teams. We don't even have the talent to be the 110th ranked team, yet there we are. It's looking good for us.

Cuonzo had TN trending in the wrong direction, his seat was getting very warm heading into his fourth year, and his toughness as a coach turned out to have been a smoke screen. TN, Cal, and Cuonzo are all better off with him coaching over there instead of here.

Rank 21: Cal
Rank 110: Tenn
Rank 209: Aub

Cal has a better offense than the other two teams as well.

2016 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings

Barnes did not have much talent. Then we lost our leading scorer in KP. But we beat Kentucky, LSU, Florida, S. Carolina, at home this year. Give Barnes time to get some talent in here to Tennessee.

Donnie was a good coach. Too bad he had to coach a depleted roster. And too bad he had difficulties at Southern Miss.

Who left him a depleted roster? A petition did not send CCM out the door. He cashed in on an improbable Sweet Sixteen run with a team that had under achieved all year. He benefited from a great tourney draw and a Duke upset. He cashed in knowing last years team was as you said depleted.

Is this conversation actually happening?

How can you even compare the two situations?

It's funny how easily people forget that Cuonzo was the one who bolted.
Cuonzo underachieved with 3 NBA players on his roster here, and he underachieved this year at Cal with 3 higher rated NBA prospects.

Even funnier how you're trying to draw a comparison when none of this is relevant to Barnes who is just in his first year here with a depleted roster.

Is this conversation actually happening?

How can you even compare the two situations?

It's funny how easily people forget that Cuonzo was the one who bolted.
Cuonzo underachieved with 3 NBA players on his roster here, and he underachieved this year at Cal with 3 higher rated NBA prospects.

Even funnier how you're trying to draw a comparison when none of this is relevant to Barnes who is just in his first year here with a depleted roster.

The drive by OP just wanted to start an argument, and he got what he wanted

Agenda much?

None of this matters.... All that matters is was he doing a good job here? The answer is no..... Just look at the recruits he brought in.... The program was headed in the wrong direction... Could he have corrected it? Possibly ....a fourth place finish in the pac 12 with talent he was left and brought is nothing to celebrate.... The key is can he build a stable solid program.... Wish him luck and move on

VN Store

Back