Cord Cutters: Playstation Vue?

I also think theirs a maximum number of Vue sessions that can be utilized at any one time. I think it's three.

I really like VUE on my FireTV box with Kodi and Mobdro side loaded.

Flip over to OTA HD local channels and it's all you need.
My exact setup in all my rooms (well 3 firebox and 2 firesticks)

I also think theirs a maximum number of Vue sessions that can be utilized at any one time. I think it's three.

I really like VUE on my FireTV box with Kodi and Mobdro side loaded.

Flip over to OTA HD local channels and it's all you need.

Can you explain Kodi and Mobdro?

Can you explain Kodi and Mobdro?

Kodi is a an application that you can use to fetch repositories (sources) of streaming or torrent content.

Here's what it looks like.

Mobdro is just a program that streams all kinds of tv shows.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mobdro&rlz=1C1MSIM_enUS548US548&oq=mobdro&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1615j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I like Mobdro in the fact that you can find a favorite show, like "The Office" and watch episode after episode 24/7 with no commercials. There's got to be 100 different popular shows like that.

Between these two apps, Vue, Amazon Prime Video and my mother in laws ganked netflix credentials - I get more than enough content. I bought a "sideclick" to snap on the FireTv remote to flip back and forth between inputs, control volume and change channels from the OTA antenna.

My exact setup in all my rooms (well 3 firebox and 2 firesticks)

Have you upgraded to Krypton yet? I'm still using Jarvis because it still works - though Krypton will be necessary soon as many of the sources are moving to https and Jarvis doesn't support it.

Whitecream is best Kodi addon.

Have you upgraded to Krypton yet? I'm still using Jarvis because it still works - though Krypton will be necessary soon as many of the sources are moving to https and Jarvis doesn't support it.

Whitecream is best Kodi addon.
Yes Krypton 17.2 I beleive. Yes Jarvis going away soon

Yes Krypton 17.2 I beleive. Yes Jarvis going away soon

Do you use a specific build?

Besides Exodus, what else do you use?

I have a real debrid acct and found it's absolutely worth every cent.

Do you use a VPN?

Do you use a VPN?
Don't use VPN because I mostly stream and not really torrent so don't see the need for it. I use TT build I think. I use Zen mostly for TV and movies and Pro Sport for NFL, NHL and I have Vue so use ESPN app for college

I switched from Sling to PSvue at some point last season. Anybody have an idea if I will need to subscribe back to Sling to get the early (or, even full) season?

I switched from Sling to PSvue at some point last season. Anybody have an idea if I will need to subscribe back to Sling to get the early (or, even full) season?

You should be able to use your old username and password. You just have to start subscription.

Reactions: 1 person
Doing my free trial of Vue on Fire TV. Not thrilled with the picture quality; noticeably off from DirecTV feed and in particular the picture settings are out of whack (constrast, brightness, color, etc). Picture is also "soft".

Anyone else have this experience?

How does it look on your computer? Is it the Amazon box doing something?

I've never had any complaints or noticed any big difference between my pic and the bar/mom's Comcast/my old Comcast.

How does it look on your computer? Is it the Amazon box doing something?

I've never had any complaints or noticed any big difference between my pic and the bar/mom's Comcast/my old Comcast.

Better on the computer. I recalibrated my TV picture settings and it's better. It really blew up the color intensity and balance.

It's good enough for me to cut the cord.

Anyone using Airplay to send it to their TV? I have 2 3rd gen AppleTVs and I'm trying to use as much existing hardware as possible. Gonna try Airplay from my Macbook to my bedroom TV with AppleTV connected.

Just ordered my Clearstream 2v antenna for my OTA stuff. Gonna unhook the DTV dish and use the existing cable runs to send OTA to all my TVs.

Better on the computer. I recalibrated my TV picture settings and it's better. It really blew up the color intensity and balance.

It's good enough for me to cut the cord.

Anyone using Airplay to send it to their TV? I have 2 3rd gen AppleTVs and I'm trying to use as much existing hardware as possible. Gonna try Airplay from my Macbook to my bedroom TV with AppleTV connected.

Just ordered my Clearstream 2v antenna for my OTA stuff. Gonna unhook the DTV dish and use the existing cable runs to send OTA to all my TVs.

That's what I did, took the Dish off and mounted the antenna right to it (pointed it in the right direction) and used existing coax to feed the ota signal, worked perfectly.

My only complaint about cutting the cord it that I should have done it sooner.

Do you use a VPN?

Found a new sports repository that is pretty great. Google Zunox.

That's what I did, took the Dish off and mounted the antenna right to it (pointed it in the right direction) and used existing coax to feed the ota signal, worked perfectly.

My only complaint about cutting the cord it that I should have done it sooner.

Still haven't done this with the antenna (haven't needed to yet) but agree with the second paragraph. Haven't missed it a bit.

Cut the cord last month, except for internet.

Comcast Internet 75Mbps - $90/month
SlingTV (Blue + 2 of the $5 add-ons) - $38.41/month
Netflix - $10.94/month

Total with everything - $139.35/month

Using 2 Roku Streaming Sticks and love it!

Saving around $65 month.

Cut the cord last month, except for internet.

Comcast Internet 75Mbps - $90/month
SlingTV (Blue + 2 of the $5 add-ons) - $38.41/month
Netflix - $10.94/month

Total with everything - $139.35/month

Using 2 Roku Streaming Sticks and love it!

Saving around $65 month.
Holy crap your internet is expensive!!

It is, but I don't have any issues with it and I only have AT&T as an alternative.

I dropped Comcast tv & internet and picked up internet only (1GB) with AT&T for $80/month. Think it goes up to $95 after 1st 12 months but never goes up again for life of contract. Unlimited data plan and no additional fees (equipment rental, etc.). AT&T's internet has been far superior to Comcast and have not had to call their customer service once whereas Comcast's support is the antithesis of "support".

Holy crap your internet is expensive!!

For realz....i have AT&T fiberspeed for less than 90 and gigaspeed lol. Had Comcast for years and the experience has been night and day....ATT much much better.

It must vary regionally. I tried switching to ATT from Comcast, but I had to switch back because ATT's service was horrible. I would lose internet multiple times a day, age the speed was always slower than advertised. Switched back to Comcast and have had no problems.

I dropped Comcast tv & internet and picked up internet only (1GB) with AT&T for $80/month. Think it goes up to $95 after 1st 12 months but never goes up again for life of contract. Unlimited data plan and no additional fees (equipment rental, etc.). AT&T's internet has been far superior to Comcast and have not had to call their customer service once whereas Comcast's support is the antithesis of "support".

For realz....i have AT&T fiberspeed for less than 90 and gigaspeed lol. Had Comcast for years and the experience has been night and day....ATT much much better.

AT&T has basic copper lines in my area, and no talk of fiber coming in any time soon. Fiber is superior in every way to cooper.

It must vary regionally. I tried switching to ATT from Comcast, but I had to switch back because ATT's service was horrible. I would lose internet multiple times a day, age the speed was always slower than advertised. Switched back to Comcast and have had no problems.

They only have 10Mbps here where I live, so giving up my 75Mbps isn't an option right now. I've only had issues with my internet after major storms, but that's because of storm damage, not directly Comcast's fault. I could go down to 25Mbps, but I like my speed.

VN Store

Back