Cord Cutters: Playstation Vue?

So after some quick comparison, I decided to go with Direct TV Now for the free Apple TV. Went with the Just Right Package plus HBO so $55 total.

Worst case in 3 months I switch to PS Vue and I got a free Apple TV out of it.

Aside from PS4 what is the best streaming device for PS Vue? Was thinking about getting a Roku Ultra but have heard bad reviews about the UI...

So after some quick comparison, I decided to go with Direct TV Now for the free Apple TV. Went with the Just Right Package plus HBO so $55 total.

Worst case in 3 months I switch to PS Vue and I got a free Apple TV out of it.

It's worth it just getting the Apple TV. You can always switch later

It's worth it just getting the Apple TV. You can always switch later

Thats why I did it. I need another streaming device regardless. So far though it seems as if DTN has everything we need.

Is Roku Ultra the best streaming device for PS Vue that's under $150? Not looking to buy a PS console...

Before I start crunching the numbers, thought I'd see if someone has already done the work...

I only have cable to watch sports (read: VOLS) All the ESPN networks plus SEC Network, NBC Sports would be a bonus- pretty much the only other stations we watch are TBS for Seinfeld reruns (but do watch it and TNT come NCAA Tourney time) and my wife likes Bravo occasionally. Otherwise I have an HD antenna for local and watch shows on Netflix or Amazon Plus.

Which streaming service is the best for this, and what kind of hardware do you recommend? Wife's parents got us AppleTV for Christmas, but we don't own any itunes content.

There is a Bravo app for Apple TV where the wife can watch all the Housewives shows. ESPN app should give you more games than you can watch on Comcast.

It takes a little tech ability, but you can side load Kodi on Apple TV4 and watch anything you want and more. I figure if the stream full episodes on the web sites/apps, nothing wrong with watching them via Kodi. I skip all the commercials via DVR on everything I watch on Comcast anyway.

I have a couple of Roku Express devices. Works for me, I always find something I want to watch. Decent menu system, good performance and cheap.

Got the Apple TV a couple of days ago. Really like it so far, works good. DirectTV Now is very good as well. The only drawback is the 2 device limit right now.

And the fact the Apple TV doesn't have an Amazon app (though you can get around it using air play).

There is a Bravo app for Apple TV where the wife can watch all the Housewives shows. ESPN app should give you more games than you can watch on Comcast.

It takes a little tech ability, but you can side load Kodi on Apple TV4 and watch anything you want and more. I figure if the stream full episodes on the web sites/apps, nothing wrong with watching them via Kodi. I skip all the commercials via DVR on everything I watch on Comcast anyway.

Not familiar w Kodi. I'll have to look into it

The new Vue split screen mode has been really nice for the NCAA Tourney.

Does Vue stream well through the PS4? Thinking of ditching DIRECTV. The core package is currently 45 and has the channels we need.

Does Vue stream well through the PS4? Thinking of ditching DIRECTV. The core package is currently 45 and has the channels we need.

It streams great through the PS4.

FYI they added the MLB Network today for those interested.

Love that it has the MLB now. That was the only think Directv Now really had that I wanted and Vue didn't have.

Vue streams flawlessly on the PS4. It streams flawlessly on fire sticks as well, the only thing is that the guide is a bit slow. Roku works really well too

I've been researching the Vue since I'm super interested in saving money on my monthly television costs.

It currently costs me $157 monthly for charter cable and Internet.

I believe I can get my costs down to $100 per month and keep the same channels I really watch.

I figure if I try to quit cable and only keep Internet then charter would jack my Internet bill up to $70 a month from the $45 I pay with the bundle.

I then get playstation Vue for $35 per month, a digital antenna, and that gets me a savings of $52 per month.

My question is do I have to put a firestick in every television in the house to watch Vue TV on all the tv sets ?

I've been researching the Vue since I'm super interested in saving money on my monthly television costs.

It currently costs me $157 monthly for charter cable and Internet.

I believe I can get my costs down to $100 per month and keep the same channels I really watch.

I figure if I try to quit cable and only keep Internet then charter would jack my Internet bill up to $70 a month from the $45 I pay with the bundle.

I then get playstation Vue for $35 per month, a digital antenna, and that gets me a savings of $52 per month.

My question is do I have to put a firestick in every television in the house to watch Vue TV on all the tv sets ?

Yes, you will have to have a supported device on each tv. Not sure if there have been any smart tv updates to include an app for Vue yet.

Yes, you will have to have a supported device on each tv. Not sure if there have been any smart tv updates to include an app for Vue yet.

I also think theirs a maximum number of Vue sessions that can be utilized at any one time. I think it's three.

I really like VUE on my FireTV box with Kodi and Mobdro side loaded.

Flip over to OTA HD local channels and it's all you need.

VN Store

Back