Concern meter?

We're in a hole and have been for a while. We will dig out when we dig out. If Pruitt can do it over the next couple of years we'll be looking again.

I feel Pruitt completely mismanaged this situation, and may have under estimated things. There weren't solid backup plans. Yeah, I'm concerned and hope this isn't indicative of Pruitt's approach to other aspects of being a first time head coach.

I agree.

d85084b3d71931aae0859abc6f3e163d--friday-funnies-funny-comments.jpg

We’ve fallen further, much further behind 2 of our 3 biggest rivals in terms of talent on the roster. So there’s gotta be some concern there. Gotta have faith that our staff are top flight coaches and “player developers”.

And definitely lower expectations for a few years. 6 or 7 wins will be a good year for awhile

Reactions: 1 person
Coming off worst season in school history.
Hiring process that made the University look as if it was run by morons (not to mention the negative backlash in media from the Schiano fiasco, deserved or not)
New coach with an open question on ability as Head Coach (never been one)
Biggest "names" on the team from last year declaring for draft early

Was hopeful, but realistic on the recruiting class.
This year will be about the Xs and Os. Can Pruitt coach them up?

Agree. We need to see some positive progress this year on the field. If the '19 recruits can see the vision on the field it will help us with them. And winning is good.

Regardless of who he signed with just a month or so...

These coaches still were going to be heavily dependent on the guys we already have.

Taylor and Banks are immediate contributors

Flowers and Peterson could spearhead the defense for years to come

Too early for recruiting concerns long term. Short term UT has holes they didn't fill with this class but given the short recruiting time Pruitt had its hard to make any determinations from that.

If he's still missing on the guys you have to get next year you can worry.

:thumbsup: it sucks. i thought we'd get a couple of these guys. didn't see us whiffing on all of them.

but, there wasn't 1 of them i was 100% on either.

awful year, bad coaching search, AD switch mid stream, and only 8 weeks or so on the job.

i'm guilty, i got my hopes up. the reality is what it is, and we'll check back next December and see where it stands with the season and the 19 cycle.

Not concerned, just sobering. I think Pruitt is the right man for the job and I believe he will bring Tennessee back to relevancy, but we have a long way to go. We all got our hopes up for a quick turn around and that's not going to happen.

If we are having these same conversations next year, I may just take a break from Tennessee football. This day has been an enormous disappointment, though not entirely surprising. I am a little shocked it's been this bad, but we can't crap the bed two classes in a row. Not with the way Bama, UGA, and Florida are cleaning up. 2019 is key. He better have a top 10 class next year.

I don't why this shocks me so much. Over the past 12 years I thought I would have gotten more a custom to getting push around in this league. I'm so tired of saying maybe next year.

I feel Pruitt completely mismanaged this situation, and may have under estimated things. There weren't solid backup plans. Yeah, I'm concerned and hope this isn't indicative of Pruitt's approach to other aspects of being a first time head coach.
Agree...Get ready for SOS and loads of excuses
.UCLA had a new Coach ,so did Florida and others **** the excuses ..But hey don't worry bout the ones we didn't get Aight

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Be concerned once you see what we can do on the field, not in a recruiting class. Has this class been a disappointment? I would say yes. But if we win, kids will come. Time to coach and develop.

Exactly. He's selling what he and his staff have done successfully at previous stops. Right now UT is known for poor records, poor player development, and total dysfunction from the head coach all the way through to the top.

UT has gotten so far removed from the top that recruits are in a "show me" first mode.

Not concerned, the only thing that kinda surprised me was Young flipping to FSU. Figured the kid who had 0 d1 offers would have shown some loyalty. But we should be fine. If this staff develops what we have currently on the football team we will be fine. If this happens next signing day I’ll be a little concerned.

Did we recruit better than anybody in the SEC that beat us last year? I don't know what you guys want in a month's time.

Tennessee tradition is basically word of mouth to high school kids. They can't remember when the Vols were relevant.

Well if history tells us anything top classes don't always live up to the hype. I want a high rated class, but I would rather have a coaching staff who can develop players over the ratings.

Not concerned. Disappointed? A bit yes. I got my hopes up on a few of these guys. I didn't expect to strike out on all of our big targets. We did end up with some really good players, but not the big splash we all wanted.

VN Store

Back