Concern meter?

My concern level for this recruiting class? Absolutely zero. But then again, I not one who has insane, unrealistic expectations. Given the unique situation CJP was in with the early signing period, our worst season in modern history and coaching in the playoffs, this class is fine.

This may be the only time in history I’ve agreed with BOT. Sums up my feelings exactly.

Feel however you want to feel after what we have been throught the last 10+ yrs

With the success other teams are having today are you concerned that we have done as poorly as we have done today? Yes I know Pruitt was put behind 8 ball but was our expectations too high? I am moderately concerned

I'd be concerned if Butch Jones was still our coach. Let's pump the breaks on signing day.

Concerned? Yes. But going up against the two National Championship Contenders on Many we were after; Hell Jeremy Did as well as can be expected. I'm Betting next years class will be a #5. Hang around and see. The Mays kid was a big disappointment; but if Blood isn't thicker than water, we didn't need him anyhow.

Top 15 is about right for next year. Expecting more doesn't reflect a good understanding of where this program is. Tennessee fans have been living in fantasy land far too long. Time we come around to reality, even if it isn't where we want to be.

You might as well spit into the wind.

Definitely concerned because we are ****ed for the next 2 years after today’s events... Georgia got even better as did Florida and USC for that matter.... we took guys that had little to no offers. Mullen is a good coach and now he has better talent then he ever had at MSU, absolutely reason for major concern. We HAD to finish strong but instead got trolled and laughed at and that is a fact!

Reactions: 2 people
Reasonably concerned. We can turn it around next year. A repeat of this though and it's no holds freaking barred. And Pruitt is from FSU, GA, and Bama so it's not like he doesn't know about the need to recruit waaaay above normal expectations of normal football teams in weaker conferences. You just have to. Go Vols!

Definitely concerned because we are ****ed for the next 2 years after today’s events... Georgia got even better as did Florida and USC for that matter.... we took guys that had little to no offers. Mullen is a good coach and now he has better talent then he ever had at MSU, absolutely reason for major concern. We HAD to finish strong but instead got trolled and laughed at and that is a fact!

This is one of the biggest overreactions I've seen... and the part I put in bold is not close to being true.

Bridge, Jump!!!!

I'm not concerned at all. Its all about getting kids that want to be at UT, and getting kids that fit the system.

I’ve backed off the ledge. It was honestly a better class than we probably should’ve gotten considering the amount of unknowns. If UT was a stock, I definitely wouldn’t invest in it.

He got some nice pieces. We have a day 1 starter at TE. Linebackers were addressed pretty well. Added a power back. Quality depth on both LOS. Can’t really ask for more.

Corner and Receiver needs to be addressed ASAP, but luckily the 2019 instate class is loaded with them. Need to land them, though.

With the success other teams are having today are you concerned that we have done as poorly as we have done today? Yes I know Pruitt was put behind 8 ball but was our expectations too high? I am moderately concerned

To me it is some what reminiscent of BJ’s first signing class. Lots of flirting but no walking down the isle.. I don’t think Pruitt could have worked any harder in this time period just possibly smarter. No doubt he swung for the fences with some if not most of the high 4/5* recruits but at what cost to the above average athletes that we passed on we may never now. He probably misjudged this class somewhat but I am more interested in how he adapts long term. Irrespective of how this class finished he got athletes on campus within 30 days that we have not the likes of in the last 10 years. That will lead to good things down the road.

The defensive line depth is key because you can tag team bull rush a guard all game and push him past his endurance limit.

VN Store

Back