Concern meter?

Some of us are disappointed that were losing out on guys that we really should have had no business having a shot at to begin with.

So relax we should be able to pull a top 20 class in 2019 by just signing in-state talent alone so I expect a top 5-8 class next season.

Reactions: 1 person
Agree...Get ready for SOS and loads of excuses
.UCLA had a new Coach ,so did Florida and others **** the excuses ..But hey don't worry bout the ones we didn't get Aight

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I don't see Fla or UCLA in the top 15 either. Wouldn't say either are exactly killing it.

Concerned I mean literally every kid so far but one we were battling for of what 8 we lost. Losing kids on signing day that we’re committed sux.
I know staff didn’t expect this day to turn like this. Need a late good thing

No point in looking ahead to next year. We've got a lot of hard work ahead this year. The coaches have to develop players and put a better product on the field in 2018 to bring in a better class in 2019-- and I'm sure they're focused on exactly that.

Reactions: 3 people
With the success other teams are having today are you concerned that we have done as poorly as we have done today? Yes I know Pruitt was put behind 8 ball but was our expectations too high? I am moderately concerned

Our expectations were very high because Pruitt has the reputation of being a great recruiter. It may be that some kids want to see the product on the field before they commit to playing for him. Which is understandable.

Zero concern. If we don't get atleast top 10 next season then I may worry. But zero concern right now. It's a miracle we have gotten the players we have.

There has to be at least a tiny amount of concern. Even the kids he had relationships for years turned him down.

Reactions: 4 people
Not really.

There's no one here who should say today went perfectly, but to be honest, I'd like to find out quickly how good CJP develops players and a "system."

A good way to find that out is to give him these 3-star / 4-star players to mold, coach, and push. We can still beat SEC competition with the right gameplanning and the right guys doing their jobs. (see UCF)

So, while I'm not jumping for joy today, we now get a chance early to see how Pruitt coaches these guys up.

With the success other teams are having today are you concerned that we have done as poorly as we have done today? Yes I know Pruitt was put behind 8 ball but was our expectations too high? I am moderately concerned

WHY did you begin TWO threads like this? Sermonizing, preacher? Apostate! :crazy: :whistling:

Coming off the worst year in school history... the most embarrassing head coach search in the history of ncaa football...first year head coach...i consider a top 25 class a success.

I feel Pruitt completely mismanaged this situation, and may have under estimated things. There weren't solid backup plans. Yeah, I'm concerned and hope this isn't indicative of Pruitt's approach to other aspects of being a first time head coach.

Such as who? You guys are good at complaining but not as good with specifics. Who should have had an offer that didn't?

Honestly, I'm on the fence. I supported and defended Butch, Dooley, and Fulmer much longer than most posters on here did. What I've learned from those previous coaching scenarios is that the criticism people leveled early on with those guys was often right on the mark. I can see that with hindsight, but I was blindly loyal and supportive at the time.

I do see some things that concern me at the moment, but I realize that it's early and this is Pruitt's first time as an HC as well as Fulmer's first time as an AD. There is a pretty big learning curve for both of them I would imagine.

Next year's class will almost certainly be significantly better (something crazy would have to happen for it not to be), but the question is how much better? We need to be signing top 5 or even top 3 classes. I used to roll my eyes when people said things like that, but with the way Bama and UGA are rolling, we're getting lapped if we only sign a top 15 class.

My days of blindly putting faith in coaches are over. I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

100%. Great post

Concerned I mean literally every kid so far but one we were battling for of what 8 we lost. Losing kids on signing day that we’re committed sux.
I know staff didn’t expect this day to turn like this. Need a late good thing

As far as I know, the only committed players we lost were Jordan Young and Anthony Grant. All the rest were targets that did not even have us on their radar prior to CJP approaching them.

Reactions: 2 people
I've been a sunshine pumper in the past. Not this time. Coach Aight Alabubba Pruitt, and his staff, better be great on the development side. Right now, I am reminded how furious I was with the University Administration regarding the whole coaching hire fiasco. I am also seriously questioning Fulmer allowing the staff to stay and coach the title game. There is no way that it helped recruiting.

There is a difference in having concern, and outright panic and hitting the eject button.

If you are trying to convince yourself you aren't the slightest bit concerned after the momentum we allegedly had going into the final weekend, then you probably aren't being honest with yourself.

There is nothing wrong with being concerned at this point.

Reactions: 2 people
Signing 3 stars wouldn’t be as bad if they weren’t now all ranked around the 1,000 best players in their classes. It looks like we will sign around 10 guys who are ranked as the 700th best player in the nation or lower.

That’s unreal.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back