Concern meter?

preacherman4vols

With the success other teams are having today are you concerned that we have done as poorly as we have done today? Yes I know Pruitt was put behind 8 ball but was our expectations too high? I am moderately concerned

Reactions: 1 person
We’ve fallen further, much further behind 2 of our 3 biggest rivals in terms of talent on the roster. So there’s gotta be some concern there. Gotta have faith that our staff are top flight coaches and “player developers”.

Reactions: 3 people
Would say disappointed not necessarily concerned. He got us in on some good players late in the cycle especially with the early signing period. Will hold off too much judgement until after 19. I think we are in a better situation than recent history going forward from a coaching stand point.

Very meh class so far. But next year I am expecting bigger and better.

I agree if he can’t pull in a top class next year then we should be very concerned

Top 15 is about right for next year. Expecting more doesn't reflect a good understanding of where this program is. Tennessee fans have been living in fantasy land far too long. Time we come around to reality, even if it isn't where we want to be.

Zero concern. If we don't get atleast top 10 next season then I may worry. But zero concern right now. It's a miracle we have gotten the players we have.

Reactions: 13 people
It was an interesting cycle, being the first with an early-signing period for high schoolers, in that there didn't seem to be much of a middle class of players left after the early period. Seemed like a lot of high-end four stars/five stars, then a bunch of mid-tier three stars. I don't blame Pruitt for swinging for the fences.

But yeah, don't have that excuse next class.

Pruitt had literally a month. That's no where near enough time. It was an act of god that we got the kids to visit. I expected no different than what has happened today.

After 4-8 season where the team pretty much checked out on a already checked out head coach?

Zero concern. Only place to go is up.

Reactions: 2 people
I feel Pruitt completely mismanaged this situation, and may have under estimated things. There weren't solid backup plans. Yeah, I'm concerned and hope this isn't indicative of Pruitt's approach to other aspects of being a first time head coach.

Reactions: 5 people
A little. Just seemed like we had a lot of momentum with a lot of these recruits since Pruitt was hired. It's always tough to be named HC and immediately pull in a great recruiting class.

'19 should be a lot better.

I want to pave the way for people to jump off the ledge...please, don't let me stop you...it would be a favor to me...:eek:lol:

GO VOLS!

Honestly, I'm on the fence. I supported and defended Butch, Dooley, and Fulmer much longer than most posters on here did. What I've learned from those previous coaching scenarios is that the criticism people leveled early on with those guys was often right on the mark. I can see that with hindsight, but I was blindly loyal and supportive at the time.

I do see some things that concern me at the moment, but I realize that it's early and this is Pruitt's first time as an HC as well as Fulmer's first time as an AD. There is a pretty big learning curve for both of them I would imagine.

Next year's class will almost certainly be significantly better (something crazy would have to happen for it not to be), but the question is how much better? We need to be signing top 5 or even top 3 classes. I used to roll my eyes when people said things like that, but with the way Bama and UGA are rolling, we're getting lapped if we only sign a top 15 class.

My days of blindly putting faith in coaches are over. I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

Reactions: 9 people
Coming off worst season in school history.
Hiring process that made the University look as if it was run by morons (not to mention the negative backlash in media from the Schiano fiasco, deserved or not)
New coach with an open question on ability as Head Coach (never been one)
Biggest "names" on the team from last year declaring for draft early

Was hopeful, but realistic on the recruiting class.
This year will be about the Xs and Os. Can Pruitt coach them up?

Be concerned once you see what we can do on the field, not in a recruiting class. Has this class been a disappointment? I would say yes. But if we win, kids will come. Time to coach and develop.

Too early for recruiting concerns long term. Short term UT has holes they didn't fill with this class but given the short recruiting time Pruitt had its hard to make any determinations from that.

If he's still missing on the guys you have to get next year you can worry.

VN Store

Back