College Football is officially a joke

On the other hand, if the committee put FSU into the CFP, everyone would go nuts when Michigan embarrassed them in the first round. Probably better for the committee to take their lumps now and set up a really good football game.

Would Michigan have embarrassed them the same way they embarrassed TCU last year?

Reactions: Tennessee Cowboy
Committee did a good job. I'll be watching all the games. Once again 4 teams hS never been enough. Can't wait til next year. People will still be griping but it will be #13 and lower.

Brock Glenn would not be starting in the bowl game as Rodemaker would be back.... So to sit here and say that the 3rd string freshman's play in the ACC title game is somehow a factor is pretty dumb.....

Just to be clear, you are using a player's performance who is not playing in the bowl game as a negative? Lol
Rodemaker was not good against Florida. Neither backup is good. Both are not Jordan Travis. To sit here and say that the FSU offense is anywhere near the same with them is just stupid.

People bitched and complained about BCS, 4 team playoff etc..etc..etc..
Next year we finally get a real playoff . 12 teams and no more whiny cry babies.
FSU is in.
OSU is in.
Georgia is in.
Oregon is in.
Wash is in.
Mich is in.
Texas is in.
Ala is in.
PSU is in.
Highest group of 5 in
2 more at large teams in.
Play ball and everybody can shut their pie wholes. Everybody will have enough teams from their conference in . Conference championship games will become irrelevant . Who cares if you’re conference champion , I want National Champion.

On the other hand, if the committee put FSU into the CFP, everyone would go nuts when Michigan embarrassed them in the first round. Probably better for the committee to take their lumps now and set up a really good football game.

FSU has a ton of talent across the board... This notion they are basically on same level of TCU vs Georgia is hilarious and just screams you don't watch football.

Reactions: GAVol
So many people value their opinions over actual results.
I remember Saban using this exact argument last year to get in and most all Vol fans bashed him. This year Vol Nation is making the same argument for him!

Can't make this stuff up!

Reactions: mpfvol
If Michigan is indeed the best team in the playoff, then OSU is conceivably the 2nd best team out there. Because it is not opposite Michigan in conference, it couldn’t qualify for a conference championship game (after its narrow loss) that was afforded Alabama. OSU only loses to the number one team in the playoffs. Bama loses to the #3 team in the playoffs and only beats the #6 team in the Championship Standings. Forget FSU’s impotence. Make a case for OSU if you want the best teams to settle this thing.

Reactions: papatomany
I am not a FSU fan, but that is a bunch of BS. No way they should be left out. They were just looking for a reason to put Bama in.

Reactions: 9876543vol
Why are you acting like FSU did not lose their best player that determined their season. FL win...big deal that's a 4 loss team. FSU has a very good defense but they now have little to no offense now. If they played Iowa right now it would end in a tie 0-0.
The #2 guy, who can play a little and would be available anytime now. FSU will look a better offensively the next time you see them.

Reactions: papatomany
How could anyone watch the Florida St game and compare them to the same Bama team that just beat Georgia? Florida St is not on the same level as any of the other teams picked to go to the playoffs. Who wants a champion that would always carry and ( * didn't beat or play Bama )

Remind me who Corrigan is the AD of and which conference they’re a part of.

Corrigan is not the committee, but he is the chair and therefore the mouthpiece for the committee that votes. For a second straight year, he has done the interview with ESPN on selection Sunday and couldn't utter a single coherent defense or message of the committee's final 4 vote... Of course it isn't like Rece Davis would actually ask him tough questions either...

don’t watch a second of it. What a ****ing travesty and disgrace to the sport. How the **** do you punish a bunch of a kids because of an INJURY. AN INJURY TO ONE PLAYER MEANS A TEAM IS DISQUALIFIED IN A TEAM SPORT. ZERO CREDIBILITY. Bias is out of control and you just ****ed over a team that worked their asses off all season cause “SeC bEtTeR”
Dude they will get beat without Travis and badly . Committee finally did their job. Period. Don’t want to see a 65-3 NC game , Seriously

Reactions: JustinVol
Exactly. Thank you for making my point. You all want another TCU in there so bad and I don't understand it.
No. My point is they can’t use that “best four” argument to put Bama in if they put TCU and Cincinnati in during previous years. And the committee has NEVER left out an undefeated P-5 champ until today. They change criteria like I change underwear- about 3 times a week- to justify their choices. Florida State did everything they were asked to do (as opposed to Bama) and they got shafted. But, as we all know, life ain’t fair and you better get a helmet. Florida State just found that out.

Unpopular opinion but CFP got it right.

Florida State didn't play much of anyone. None of the quant polls even have them in the top 10. And their SoS is not very good. Best wins are LSU and Louisville and most of their schedule was a breeze.

It sucks to leave a 0-loss P5 team out, but the ACC sucked this year. There's no way FSU has a better resume than Bama, Texas, Georgia, Ohio State, or even 2-loss Oregon. I honestly don't view them as a top 10 team.

I'm shocked that the CFP had the guts to make the right call here in spite of the backlash. FSU would've gotten cooked in the CFP. These are the 4 best teams.

The #2 guy, who can definitely play, would be available anytime now. FSU will look a lot different offensively the next time you see them.
People really acting like there isn't a 4 week prep schedule before the semi's..... But yes, FSU with Rodemaker is the same as Iowa with Deacon Hill!

I don’t like it either, but if you’re asking me who is currently a top 4 team and who isn’t , Bama is and FSU isn’t . Bama beat UGA yesterday, back to back national title winner, winner of 29 straight. FSU has looked mediocre against 2 mediocre teams at the wrong time.
If you are talking about 4 best then where is the outcry for UGA? Who would they not be favored against in the top 4 outside of Bama?

don’t watch a second of it. What a ****ing travesty and disgrace to the sport. How the **** do you punish a bunch of a kids because of an INJURY. AN INJURY TO ONE PLAYER MEANS A TEAM IS DISQUALIFIED IN A TEAM SPORT. ZERO CREDIBILITY. Bias is out of control and you just ****ed over a team that worked their asses off all season cause “SeC bEtTeR”
1701628572738.png

VN Store

Back