Coach Martin and recruiting

Beware highlight videos, they are just that.

I expect the incoming freshmen to be solid year 3 and 4 players like Josh. The problem being, this class still rates 8th in the SEC, so it's not like other schools don't have good classes coming in too.

Hopefully Johnny jones, Mike Anderson, Frank Haith and Anthony Grant keep doing what they've been doing with all that talent lol

Beware highlight videos, they are just that.

I expect the incoming freshmen to be solid year 3 and 4 players like Josh. The problem being, this class still rates 8th in the SEC, so it's not like other schools don't have good classes coming in too.

Be aware of rankings. Ask UK.

Hopefully Johnny jones, Mike Anderson, Frank Haith and Anthony Grant keep doing what they've been doing with all that talent lol

I expect Arkansas to get quite a bit better next season. They were pretty young this year and couldn't quite close out the season. They did take a step forward in road games this year. If they weren't in pretty good shape talent-wise I bet they'd have fired Anderson this year, but the UK sweep and good, young talent got him another year to prove he can do it most likely.

Johnny Jones isn't a good coach at all and wasn't when he was hired.

Haith will probably have Missouri around 22-23 wins again next season.

Grant is a bit inexplicable, I think they'll be a lot better next year though.

How does Anthony Grant have a job? If Cuonzo had his results, he wouldn't make it out of Knoxville alive.

Reactions: 1 person
I expect Arkansas to get quite a bit better next season. They were pretty young this year and couldn't quite close out the season. They did take a step forward in road games this year. If they weren't in pretty good shape talent-wise I bet they'd have fired Anderson this year, but the UK sweep and good, young talent got him another year to prove he can do it most likely.

Johnny Jones isn't a good coach at all and wasn't when he was hired.

Haith will probably have Missouri around 22-23 wins again next season.

Grant is a bit inexplicable, I think they'll be a lot better next year though.

Haith is Haith, nuff said

My thoughts for next season.......

1. Solidify the C position with Davis if he adds some weight.
2. Hubbs could be the main scorer with Richardson and Stokes as secondary options.
3. Reese and Moore become more offensive minded next season.

If stokes comes back, he's the no. 1 option. Don't need a volume shooter (I'm assuming this will be the case with an inexperienced hubbs) leading in scoring. Jordan tried that this season before he realized it wasn't working. Small ball lineup with the bull in the middle being the anchor.

Yep, but if you give me the option of having UK's roster next year, I know who I, along with probably every coach who has ever coached basketball at any level ever, would pick.

Just saying that UK is an 8 seed with supposedly a top 5 all time recruiting class. Chemistry goes further than talent almost every time.

I see more promise from the guards in this class than I do the forwards. I think cornish and Austin have a chance to contribute immediately (they'll have to). Thurmon is a project, and cofer will need time to develop. Jmo.

I see more promise from the guards in this class than I do the forwards. I think cornish and Austin have a chance to contribute immediately (they'll have to). Thurmon is a project, and cofer will need time to develop. Jmo.

Cofer will be the best player coming in this Fall. Thurman will play a lot and will likely play better than Maymon did his first year. Stokes has improved more than any player we have had in a few years. Thurman and Cofer will play above the rim which is something we have not seen in a while.

if stokes returns....

I would like to see a juco or graduate scorer added. Not necessarily someone you expect to start, but a 6th or 7th man that could come off the bench with a little offensive spark.

I'm more optimistic than most but i think...

Pg: Austin/thompson
sg: Hubbs/ cornish
sf: Richardson
pf: Moore/ davis/ cofer
c: Stokes/ turman

is a formidable lineup, and depending mainly on austin could very well match this years results.

delusional

Reactions: 3 people
Cofer will be the best player coming in this Fall. Thurman will play a lot and will likely play better than Maymon did his first year. Stokes has improved more than any player we have had in a few years. Thurman and Cofer will play above the rim which is something we have not seen in a while.

From what I've saw of Thurman he won't be playing above the rim. He's almost a Maymon clone athletically.

Yes really, I'm certain Maymon could dunk it too, but watch the vast majority of actual game action and you'll see him laying it in around the basket for the most part.

Yes really, I'm certain Maymon could dunk it too, but watch the vast majority of actual game action and you'll see him laying it in around the basket for the most part.

Show me a 2 handed dunk off an oop from Maymon since he's been at Tennessee and I'll agree with you...

If stokes comes back, he's the no. 1 option. Don't need a volume shooter (I'm assuming this will be the case with an inexperienced hubbs) leading in scoring. Jordan tried that this season before he realized it wasn't working. Small ball lineup with the bull in the middle being the anchor.

I think Jordan's shooting is one of the reasons our record isn't better. Not that he isn't a great scorer by any means, but our offense just flows so much smoother playing thru stokes and maymon

Maymon seldom dunked the ball and miss a lot of lay up. If Thurman can become aggressive, he could turn some heads.

VN Store

Back