Coach Martin and recruiting

Cofer will be the starting four man.

Guarandamntee it.

A good year depends on:

1. Stokes returning

2. Improvement of Hubbs

3. Austin needs to be the real deal

Stokes wants to play football. He probably believes his future would be better in the NFL than the NBA. Butch can offer him a spot on the 2015 squad to lure him back for BB for the 2014-15 season. He would be a beast at TE.

A good year depends on:

1. Stokes returning

2. Improvement of Hubbs

3. Austin needs to be the real deal

Mid-range jump shot. He's too small to play the 5 in the NBA so he has to develop a 4's game.

I don't really believe another year or four in college is suddenly going to see him out sinking 17 footers on a regular basis. He kinda is what he is.

Could someone give me insight on Turman and Cofers game.

Cofer- A 6'8 PF with great rebounding instincts. Very electric athlete that finishes around the rim. Solid shot blocker, moves his feet well on defense. Doesn't have much of an offensive game but has a chance to be a stud at Tennessee. Has a chance to start from day one.

Turman- A big physical 6'9 center. Has very good shot blocking instincts, a decent low post game, nice touch around the rim. Needs to improve his conditioning and improve his rotation defense. Probably will be a year before becoming a starter.

Reactions: 1 person
Cofer- A 6'8 PF with great rebounding instincts. Very electric athlete that finishes around the rim. Solid shot blocker, moves his feet well on defense. Doesn't have much of an offensive game but has a chance to be a stud at Tennessee. Has a chance to start from day one.

Turman- A big physical 6'9 center. Has very good shot blocking instincts, a decent low post game, nice touch around the rim. Needs to improve his conditioning and improve his rotation defense. Probably will be a year before becoming a starter.

Thanks

Cofer doesn't know what a layup is. He dunks everything. Reminds a lot of people of Kenneth Faried. An athletic, rebounding, dunking machine that doesn't really have a post game but can do what Maymon does for you but dunk it instead of throwing up bunnies. Don't really know too much about Truman but it think he'll be a better version of Kenny Hall. Might take him a few years to develop.

Look guys I wanted Bruce back because he had the fan base excited. But Martin has this team steadily headed in the right direction. I think if this team could have come together as a TEAM earlier in the season we would be at the 24 25 win mark. No coach can make a team have chemistry. The players have to trust each other 100%. Not play selfish. And give their all for the team. That being said. This is about next years players and their potential. There are 100 threads about Bring back Bruce. Let's keep this about the players please.

Could someone give me insight on Turman and Cofers game.

Turman is a widebody that may help on the boards some next year. He is like a less skilled version of Maymon. Uses his size and strength pretty well in high school where he can overmatch people but doesn't look like an explosive leaper by any means. I'd think he'd be a solid post player by year 3 if he can develop on offense.

I've not gotten to see much of Cofer, in the highlight vidoes he's pretty much dunking all the time. Looks pretty athletic but he's very skinny. 195-205 depending on what site you look at. MaxPreps has him at 195 and most info on there is supplied by the team. But that was probably at the start of the year. Looks like he handles the ball pretty well to be 6'8.

Turman is a widebody that may help on the boards some next year. He is like a less skilled version of Maymon. Uses his size and strength pretty well in high school where he can overmatch people but doesn't look like an explosive leaper by any means. I'd think he'd be a solid post player by year 3 if he can develop on offense.

I've not gotten to see much of Cofer, in the highlight vidoes he's pretty much dunking all the time. Looks pretty athletic but he's very skinny. 195-205 depending on what site you look at. MaxPreps has him at 195 and most info on there is supplied by the team. But that was probably at the start of the year. Looks like he handles the ball pretty well to be 6'8.

I'm excited by what I'm hearing.

Here's one of him jamming on someone that's more recent

http://youtu.be/ElQAxWNgLvs

It's not as bleak as it looked for a while, esp if Stokes returns. Keep in mind most other SEC teams won't be much better than this year & Fla has mostly seniors.

It's almost like they're good players if you watch them instead of only looking at the stars next to their name.

My thoughts for next season.......

1. Solidify the C position with Davis if he adds some weight.
2. Hubbs could be the main scorer with Richardson and Stokes as secondary options.
3. Reese and Moore become more offensive minded next season.

Beware highlight videos, they are just that.

I expect the incoming freshmen to be solid year 3 and 4 players like Josh. The problem being, this class still rates 8th in the SEC, so it's not like other schools don't have good classes coming in too.

VN Store

Back