Coach Martin and recruiting

I honestly didn't read every post here, but let me chime in on how I view Cuonzo and staffs recruiting.

1. I don't think they are very good "scouts" unless you know how to "develop" players. If you start recruiting the "needle in the haystack" you better make sure that needle is gonna pierce the surface.
2. I think this staff believes they can "develop" players but I'm not sold yet. It's easier to identify talent but way harder to maximize their potential in a given time.
3. It took them 2 full seasons to realize what it takes to be a factor in the SEC and now they are playing catch-up.
4. They put all their eggs in one basket. Can't rely on 18 year old kids.
5. I think the staff can't play dirty. Meaning, that they are too honest and don't know how to make another coach or another team "bad". They seem like the type to go and say "the offer is on the table, but it's your choice, and I hope it will be TN"

Dude eats Cuonzo burgers for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I give up. There is no getting through to him. We're always going to suck, we should accept Martin because of said reason and beating Mercer/UMass is impressive. Can't wait to go 0-5 against top 25 teams next year. All will be well if we can beat Penn and Bucknell though.
Patience my son.
Had Martin's job offer come from the B10 this season, he'd already be gone.
If Butch can pull a miracle 6-6 this season and get the money train on schedule, we'll be ready when Martin is offered the Penn st job in 015 or 016. Keep an eye on Chambers.

I think Richardson and Moore will be the leaders of the squad defensively while Hubbs is the X factor offensively.

If Stokes comes back he will be the focal point of opponents and I think that A.J. Davis could be a 12 to 15 point scorer if he adds some weight and Reese could be a
midrange option.

It will be interesting to see what the freshmen bring to this team and Thompson is the smoothest passer I have seen since Johnny Darden.

Thoughts?

I'm just gonna copy and paste someone else's response until you understand that beating trash teams is an indication of nothing other than being capable of beating trash teams.

I'd be careful who you worship or hook your wagon to. I'd imagine ANY teams UT beat would've been considered subpar to some. Look at it this way. If Mercer beat Duke by 7 and UT beat Mercer by 20 I don't think there's any doubt UT would've beat Duke. If that would've been better for their resume, whatever. Than Duke should've won the game. UT beat who was put in front of them up til the S16. End of story.

VN Store

Back