Coach Fulmer Appreciation Thread

I am 99% sure he won a NC as a QB coach not an OC at FSU

I believe you are right. Sanders is entering his 4th season as QB coach and 3rd as Co-OC, per FSU's official site. In 2013, Wikipedia states Jimbo served as his own OC for the NC. Next season, he made Sanders and Dawsey Co-OCs.

After that NC game Fulmer used his overiding powers to Veto Sanders alot! With Cutcliff he didn't and that is why there was such a discrepancy. Sanders was a UT guy, trained in the same play book and had major sucess every where he went after UT. Those dark times weren't his fault even though he took the brunt for it!

this is a myth.. he didn't overrule coordinators anymore than any head coach.

Reactions: 4 people
I agree with about all of that. Solid work.

I'm probably in the minority but I think Clawson is a very good offensive mind. He walked into the perfect storm here.

I got to know Clawson while he was here. Was very impressive to listen to. He told everyone the second year his offense would be much better. I believe he would have excelled here with more time and Thaj Boyd at QB. No doubt it was a disaster that one year.

I got to know Clawson while he was here. Was very impressive to listen to. He told everyone the second year his offense would be much better. I believe he would have excelled here with more time and Thaj Boyd at QB. No doubt it was a disaster that one year.

Still irks me that Kiffin turned him away.:crazy:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back