Coach Barnes time on rocky top

Do you want Butch Jones gone too? I agree Barnes isn't the best in game coach but he hasn't even been here a year yet. Give the guy a chance.

Butch Jones blew 4 second half leads this past season, does he deserve to be fired too? He's got a lot better players and 2 more recruiting cycles than ole Rick does, too.

Think about what you're asking for... If we fire Rick we get rid of a hall of famer, who better do you suggest we hire?

That would also mean that you think the best possible scenario for this team is for us to have 4 coaches in 4 years.

GTFO, pal. Fandom is about sticking by your team during hard years. Not about wanting to fire the coach everytime we have one.

First off, you have no idea who I am or how long I've been a Vols fan. I'm 53, I've been diehard my whole life. Guys like Ernie, Bernie, Lofton, JuJuan, Houston, Chism, Stokes, Ellis, Nix, Roth, Slay, Yarborough, Kosmalski, and many many more are all guys I rooted for. BTW- Dane Bradshaw was one of the best unheralded players in UT history IMO.

Second, you have no business calling me out especially with that kind of attitude and insinuated language. The dumbest guy in the room is the first guy to resort to name calling, YOU WIN THAT AWARD.

Third, and glaringly clear, unless you assume(you lived up/down to that one too!), I never said CRB should be fired. I said he's not getting the job done. BIG DIFF there, "pal".

Reactions: 2 people
First off, you have no idea who I am or how long I've been a Vols fan. I'm 53, I've been diehard my whole life. Guys like Ernie, Bernie, Lofton, JuJuan, Houston, Chism, Stokes, Ellis, Nix, Roth, Slay, Yarborough, Kosmalski, and many many more are all guys I rooted for. BTW- Dane Bradshaw was one of the best unheralded players in UT history IMO.

Second, you have no business calling me out especially with that kind of attitude and insinuated language. The dumbest guy in the room is the first guy to resort to name calling, YOU WIN THAT AWARD.

Third, and glaringly clear, unless you assume(you lived up/down to that one too!), I never said CRB should be fired. I said he's not getting the job done. BIG DIFF there, "pal".

Wow, that was easy. I'll keep your username in my head for next time I need a good laugh. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY on here freaks out as easily as you do, sir. Not even Auntie Dee.

It's funny how you name former players as if I didn't also watch them play basketball for the Vols.

I'm gonna take it easy on you the rest of the day, old man, go take a baby asprin and a blood pressure pill. Next time I need a good laugh I'll know who to call out.

Thanks again for the freak out.

Signed,

Indy

:loco:
Wow, that was easy. I'll keep your username in my head for next time I need a good laugh. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY on here freaks out as easily as you do, sir. Not even Auntie Dee.

It's funny how you name former players as if I didn't also watch them play basketball for the Vols.

I'm gonna take it easy on you the rest of the day, old man, go take a baby asprin and a blood pressure pill. Next time I need a good laugh I'll know who to call out.

Thanks again for the freak out.

Signed,

Indy

:loco::lolabove::loco::lolabove::loco:

Reactions: 2 people
What's causing a great deal of the problems, that Barnes is having, is the fact that he is trying to change the culture of UT bb. We have mostly been oriented toward defensive basketball and he wants us to win with offense. The problem is that we are loaded with guys that can be good on the defensive end but not as good scoring the basketball.

Our defensive struggles come from the fact that we do not have the inside presence to get the job done.

What's causing a great deal of the problems, that Barnes is having, is the fact that he is trying to change the culture of UT bb. We have mostly been oriented toward defensive basketball and he wants us to win with offense. The problem is that we are loaded with guys that can be good on the defensive end but not as good scoring the basketball.

Our defensive struggles come from the fact that we do not have the inside presence to get the job done.

Loaded with guys that can be good on defense?

Reactions: 1 person

BTW, it's "JaJuan". Thought you might want to know being a diehard fan and everything.

Last edited:
Just figure a self appointed diehard would want to know who they're a fan of. :hi:

You should know not to end a sentence with a preposition, pal. IMO, you don't self appoint as a diehard fan, just one amongst many, as evidenced by most who post here and on other boards. Generally speaking, I don't usually exchange banter with someone who refuses to leave his momma's basement, such as yourself. But you've given me a certain amount of jovial relief today, and for that, I thank you.
:hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi:

Last edited:
You should know not to end a sentence with a preposition, pal. IMO, you don't self appoint as a diehard fan, just one amongst many, as evidenced by most who post here and on other boards. Generally speaking, I don't usually exchange banter with someone who refuses to leave his momma's basement, such as yourself. But you've given me a certain amount of jovial relief today, and for that, I thank you.
:hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi:

I don't claim to be a fan of grammar. I did choose to strand that preposition, though... rather than sound like Yoda.

BTW, shouldn't you be a capitalizing "pal"... seeing as to how you're using it as a proper noun and all? Also, you didn't start a sentence with a conjunction did you?

Last edited:
I don't claim to be a fan of Grammar.

BTW, shouldn't you be a capitalizing "pal"... seeing as to how you're using it as a proper noun and all?

You've given cause to provide a reminder of the character played by Will Ferell(please verify spelling) in the movie "Wedding Crashers."

Have a good afternoon, "Pal".

Reactions: 3 people
:hi:

Self appointed spelling police? So you're the "Siri" voice.....

Children NEED to divert the discussion so as to seem relevant!

One reason why so many do not take UT bb seriously. Also, could be why there are not many applicants when a coaching change needs to be done. The only guy that we could get this time is someone who needed a job after being fired for lack of recent performance.

Well, you are that SeniorDrill guy too aren't you?

No! But, at least you finally asked.

Now that I read the interview that Donnie did with Neuheisel, I see that he is repeating the same things that SeniorDrill said often in 2014-15. Hearing it from the source makes it more realistic that SD was saying something that has merit and not just listening to the rumormongers.

Last edited:
Children NEED to divert the discussion so as to seem relevant!

One reason why so many do not take UT bb seriously. Also, could be why there are not many applicants when a coaching change needs to be done. The only guy that we could get this time is someone who needed a job after being fired for lack of recent performance.

True, and thank you for getting the thread back on point.

I seriously like CRB. He's a good man. He's been a great coach at previous schools and I sure hope he's able to do the same at Tennessee.

Obviously things are clicking in the first half of most of the games we've lost. But things like poor second half defense and rebounding relate to focus, and these guys just lose that down the stretch. Depth has a lot to do with it, but so does coaching, imo. Not in any way thinking he should move on, just want to see these guys close the games out.

VN Store

Back