Charlotte Decommit Ebuka Izundu 6'10 PF (Miami commit)

Didn't say he was. Just wondering if something similar to the Tyndall assistants could have been going on with the Barnes assistants since they were under pressure to produce a winner. We didn't know about the other until 7 months after Tyndall was hired. Barnes could not have known a thing about it. Then again, maybe as someone said the AD was unstable. At Texas?

Good lord.

Pinkins was working under a ridiculous burden of investigation on Tyndall. Completely unfair comparison. I'm not a Pinkins water carrier, but I can see who has the better resume and track record when comparing the two.

Oh, was at UGA, where the team stunk and coach was fired.
Was at Charlotte, where the team stunk and coach was fired.

No coach will get any sympathy from me for sucking at recruiting because of ncaa violations, sorry, just not gonna happen.

As I said, Oliver has already landed us Turner, the best PG commit since....

He also has us in great shape with Grant Williams, a top 100 forward from North Carolina, a type of player Tyndall/Pinkins weren't able to land in their tenure.

Oliver was the catalyst for Charlotte beating out multiple high majors and landing a top 100 player to sign with them, that's no small feat. In short, we could simply compare the number of top 150 players Oliver and Pinkins have each landed in the past 12 months.

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't say he was. Just wondering if something similar to the Tyndall assistants could have been going on with the Barnes assistants since they were under pressure to produce a winner. We didn't know about the other until 7 months after Tyndall was hired. Barnes could not have known a thing about it. Then again, maybe as someone said the AD was unstable. At Texas?

Wait, what?

Are you asking if there's a possibility of a NCAA investigation coming against Barnes and Texas?

Surely my interpretation was off, right?

Last edited:
That's the way I took it. When will someone put a end to his garbage?

The "good" thing is that it at least now is very clear he's a troll, nothing he posts is anything the least bit positive what so ever, it's all about Tyndall being screwed or Tyndall being the better option, it all has some sort of spin, it's ridiculous.

Reactions: 4 people
I believe that Turner first visited, maybe not officially, last fall. No one had even heard of Oliver at that time or thought that he would be here now!

I'm not sure what your point is? That Turner was going to be a Vol if Jim Bob was hired as the HC after Tyndall was canned?

Excuse me Senior Drill Barnes and his assistants led Texas to the NCAA Tourney this past season and left good ole Shaka a probable Sweet 16 team behind for this coming season!! Why do you think Shaka took the job? Do you think he takes the Texas job if he isn't left with a pot o gold so to speak? And the Texas AD is somewhat unstable and wild from what has been said. Get on board the CRB train SD!!

Well, he didn't bring his recruits with him because they were elated to be playing for a coach who is on his way up and not on his way out! Besides, his recruits wanted to be at Texas whoever the coach was!

Sounds like a remark that an effete snob would make! Definitely a Vandy fan, as well. Anyone who would ltao at this would fall in the same category!

Beast has been on here a lot longer than either of us, I can guarantee he's not a Vandy fan. It's a joke, dude

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, are you a Vols fan? What postseason was Tennessee in again last season?

With a coach who needs multiple 5* athletes, I'm afraid to say that we may be in the same tourney for a few years, not that our guys will underachieve. It is that they need a coach with much enthusiasm and not one who is working his way to official retirement. Most Texas fans are glad that he is gone due to their competiveness over the past few years!

Last edited:
With a coach who needs multiple 5* athletes, I'm afraid to say that we may be in the same tourney for a few years, not that our guys will underachieve. It is that they need a coach with much enthusiasm and not one who working his way to official retirement. Most Texas fans are glad that he is gone due to their competiveness over the past few years!

Why do we care what Texas fans think?

It's a joke.....lighten up francis

And a bad one! You imply that those who do laborious work are less important than those who push pencils all day. Everyone has meaning, especially if they are making others lives better!

BTW, I know you are not a vandy fan, but this sounds typical of a comment that one of them would make!

With a coach who needs multiple 5* athletes, I'm afraid to say that we may be in the same tourney for a few years, not that our guys will underachieve. It is that they need a coach with much enthusiasm and not one who working his way to official retirement. Most Texas fans are glad that he is gone due to their competiveness over the past few years!

So much wrong in this post. If you do not think Barnes can ignite this fan base and show enthusiasm then you have not been watching basketball long. Also quite a few Tx fans hated to see Rick go out like that. Also his resume and recruiting alone is the best we have seen in a long time.

And a bad one! You imply that those who do laborious work are less important than those who push pencils all day. Everyone has meaning, especially if they are making others lives better!

BTW, I know you are not a vandy fan, but this sounds typical of a comment that one of them would make!

I'm sorry that u do laborious work and it's a sensitive subject for u lol

With a coach who needs multiple 5* athletes, I'm afraid to say that we may be in the same tourney for a few years, not that our guys will underachieve. It is that they need a coach with much enthusiasm and not one who is working his way to official retirement. Most Texas fans are glad that he is gone due to their competiveness over the past few years!

And most Tennessee fans are glad Tyndall is gone due to our competitiveness and inability to stay on the NCAA's good side.

See how that works?

Reactions: 2 people
So much wrong in this post. If you do not think Barnes can ignite this fan base and show enthusiasm then you have not been watching basketball long. Also quite a few Tx fans hated to see Rick go out like that. Also his resume and recruiting alone is the best we have seen in a long time.

You are correct! 25% of those polled did hate to see him go out like that. It is always difficult to see someone who has given a large part of their life finally get to a point where their effectiveness begins to wane. In golf, thankfully, there is a Senior's Tour.

You are correct! 25% of those polled did hate to see him go out like that. It is always difficult to see someone who has given a large part of their life finally get to a point where their effectiveness begins to wane. In golf, thankfully, there is a Senior's Tour.

Shouldn't you take your frustration out on UT rather than RB. UT hired him, so you save your cheap remarks for the athletic department.

VN Store

Back