Charlotte Decommit Ebuka Izundu 6'10 PF (Miami commit)

SD is pure entertainment at its finest!! He knows nothing but very entertaining nonetheless!! And a Rick Barnes man too!!

When it comes to college bb, and especially sec bb, it is a chess match. Pro bb, on the other hand, is more like nascar; a sprint to the finish. In order to be competitive at the college level, a team must control tempo. Tempo is controlled through defense. The best defense to use is at least some zone, and depending on the separation of talent on the 2 teams, determines the amount of zone to be employed.

In order for us to have any chance to win the 16 games that we won, zone had to be played the majority of the time. Tyndall claimed that his zone had some man to man inside of it.

If you look at the comeback wins, it was a zone defense that enabled them. The close losses were also a result of using the zone to make a comeback, i.e. Georgia, and Arkansas twice. We stayed close to Kansas and even led Kentucky toward the end of the first half thanks to the zone.

My contention is that our talent level is still less than many of our opponents in the sec, and if CRB exclusively uses a man defense, then we are gonna be in for a long season in 2015-16!

When it comes to college bb, and especially sec bb, it is a chess match. Pro bb, on the other hand, is more like nascar; a sprint to the finish. In order to be competitive at the college level, a team must control tempo. Tempo is controlled through defense. The best defense to use is at least some zone, and depending on the separation of talent on the 2 teams, determines the amount of zone to be employed.

In order for us to have any chance to win the 16 games that we won, zone had to be played the majority of the time. Tyndall claimed that his zone had some man to man inside of it.

If you look at the comeback wins, it was a zone defense that enabled them. The close losses were also a result of using the zone to make a comeback, i.e. Georgia, and Arkansas twice. We stayed close to Kansas and even led Kentucky toward the end of the first half thanks to the zone.

My contention is that our talent level is still less than many of our opponents in the sec, and if CRB exclusively uses a man defense, then we are gonna be in for a long season in 2015-16!

Son I think you really do need to put down the crack pipe and rethink your life!! :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
Good lord. CRB doesn't just use man. He actually does something called scouting. Him an his assistants scout the team they play beforehand and see what matchup they should use that best fits. Or when he's in a middle of the game and man to man isn't working, he adjusts and switching. Visa versa. If he needs to press he'll have the team press'. He's not stubborn like how CDT was with only doing match up zone no matter what. Yes his match up zone was nice but he should have also had other defenses to throw out there. If you noticed towards the end of the year teams started figuring that defense out and they starting exploiting it's weaknesses.

Also there were teams that were hit from 3 and he insisted on staying in a zone when he should have switched to man the man.

Reactions: 1 person
Good lord. CRB doesn't just use man. He actually does something called scouting. Him an his assistants scout the team they play beforehand and see what matchup they should use that best fits. Or when he's in a middle of the game and man to man isn't working, he adjusts and switching. Visa versa. If he needs to press he'll have the team press'. He's not stubborn like how CDT was with only doing match up zone no matter what. Yes his match up zone was nice but he should have also had other defenses to throw out there. If you noticed towards the end of the year teams started figuring that defense out and they starting exploiting it's weaknesses.

Also there were teams that were hit from 3 and he insisted on staying in a zone when he should have switched to man the man.

No way... Nobody could figure out the Tyndall Terror Defense.

Reactions: 5 people
In an interview, Josh Richardson said that the zone provided him with more steals than the man. It was the points that he got from the steals that helped ignite us and, should I say, deflate the opponent, enabling us to come back and win. Case in point, the win over vandy in the secT. We outscored them 20-2 in the final 5 minutes or so.

In an interview, Josh Richardson said that the zone provided him with more steals than the man. It was the points that he got from the steals that helped ignite us and, should I say, deflate the opponent, enabling us to come back and win. Case in point, the win over vandy in the secT. We outscored them 20-2 in the final 5 minutes or so.

Here we go, again. Rabbit in the hole and as much as this is entertaining in the off season as it is in the off season it is sad that we have to look back at a below average season with an average coach to project what may or may not occur with a different roster and coach.

He would have been comparing it to Cuonzo's man defense, which specifically didn't let players jump passing lanes. Not all coaches coach man the same way.

Also you seem to keep missing the whole "Barnes uses a zone" thing.

Reactions: 2 people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roustabout View Post
Good, I can say it now. Hiring Oliver and not keeping Pinkins was a mistake. I spent about 45 minutes with Oliver. Not impressed.

My God. Shut up and go crawl back under your rock.

I think it was because Oliver was not trying to sign him to a LOI. If Oliver had been he would have been plenty impressed.

VN Store

Back