Charlotte Decommit Ebuka Izundu 6'10 PF (Miami commit)

I'm sorry that u do laborious work and it's a sensitive subject for u lol

I did have laborious jobs as a teenager and I realize that many who do them for a living are respectful members of society. However, there are those who look down their proverbial "better than others" noses at ones who earn their income by the sweat of their brows and the strength of their backs. And finally, I am fairly lazy and I appreciate those who can help me out when I need moving. I guess you had rather do all of that by yourself?

Reactions: 1 person
Shouldn't you take your frustration out on UT rather than RB. UT hired him, so you save your cheap remarks for the athletic department.

I've said this b4 and I will say it again; Rick Barnes is a good man! I just believe his ego was bruised when he got fired at Texas and he wants to prove to them that he still has plenty of gas left in the tank. I would hope that if he does not produce any better of a product than what we had last season for the next 2 years, he will resign and accept no compensation for the last 3 years of his contract. If he does upgrade our program to a tournament team, NCAA or NIT, then I will be completely on board.

If the former situation occurs instead of the latter, then Hart should front any payout that is due! Why should he have a free ride when he did not consider alternatives to a poor decision that he made?

I've said this b4 and I will say it again; Rick Barnes is a good man! I just believe his ego was bruised when he got fired at Texas and he wants to prove to them that he still has plenty of gas left in the tank. I would hope that if he does not produce any better of a product than what we had last season for the next 2 years, he will resign and accept no compensation for the last 3 years of his contract. If he does upgrade our program to a tournament team, NCAA or NIT, then I will be completely on board.

If the former situation occurs instead of the latter, then Hart should front any payout that is due! Why should he have a free ride when he did not consider alternatives to a poor decision that he made?

Fair enough. I would've preferred a few other coaches before RB, but I think he's an upgrade over the last 2 coaches we've had here.

He is an upgrade over every coach we have had.

So Buzz why does he need to win to prove himself, but CDT has your undying loyalty?

He is an upgrade over every coach we have had.

So Buzz why does he need to win to prove himself, but CDT has your undying loyalty?
Isn't Barnes the first d1 major (2 power 5 conference) winning coach we've ever hired?
Rap was always we never go for the proven winner.
Astounding to me we have doubters.

No coach will get any sympathy from me for sucking at recruiting because of ncaa violations, sorry, just not gonna happen.

As I said, Oliver has already landed us Turner, the best PG commit since....

He also has us in great shape with Grant Williams, a top 100 forward from North Carolina, a type of player Tyndall/Pinkins weren't able to land in their tenure.

Oliver was the catalyst for Charlotte beating out multiple high majors and landing a top 100 player to sign with them, that's no small feat. In short, we could simply compare the number of top 150 players Oliver and Pinkins have each landed in the past 12 months.
If you choose to ignore reality that is your right.

I've said this b4 and I will say it again; Rick Barnes is a good man! I just believe his ego was bruised when he got fired at Texas and he wants to prove to them that he still has plenty of gas left in the tank. I would hope that if he does not produce any better of a product than what we had last season for the next 2 years, he will resign and accept no compensation for the last 3 years of his contract. If he does upgrade our program to a tournament team, NCAA or NIT, then I will be completely on board. If the former situation occurs instead of the latter, then Hart should front any payout that is due! Why should he have a free ride when he did not consider alternatives to a poor decision that he made?
I keep saying and I will say it again, without the pressing zone defense, it will be very difficult to improve over last year. That's what brought the upsets, not our offense. If we don't have two dependable scorers, it will be a long season. One will not be enough because the SEC defense will key on him just like they did Josh. I hope for the best but this season every team will have played against our defense because they all run the same defense.

Reactions: 2 people
I keep saying and I will say it again, without the pressing zone defense, it will be very difficult to improve over last year. That's what brought the upsets, not our offense. If we don't have two dependable scorers, it will be a long season. One will not be enough because the SEC defense will key on him just like they did Josh. I hope for the best but this season every team will have played against our defense because they all run the same defense.

Barnes actually plays man and zone depending on matchups and roster.

So you are really misguided.

Reactions: 3 people
No coach will get any sympathy from me for sucking at recruiting because of ncaa violations, sorry, just not gonna happen.

As I said, Oliver has already landed us Turner, the best PG commit since....

He also has us in great shape with Grant Williams, a top 100 forward from North Carolina, a type of player Tyndall/Pinkins weren't able to land in their tenure.

Oliver was the catalyst for Charlotte beating out multiple high majors and landing a top 100 player to sign with them, that's no small feat. In short, we could simply compare the number of top 150 players Oliver and Pinkins have each landed in the past 12 months.

The first paragraph is kind of dumb imo. You beat all around the bush with your post.The guy was explaining why it wasnt fair to compare Pinkins and Oliver in terms of recruiting at TN.

Was Pinkins hamstrung last year in recruiting due to NCAA potential violations yes/no? Did Pinkins have anything to do with said violations?

You bring good info to the board, but why does it always became a tear one thing down and compare to the current with you? If I remember correctly when Tyndall was assembling his staff you had lots of goos things to say about the recruiting ability of Pinkins? Why cant you just let it go at that.

I did have laborious jobs as a teenager and I realize that many who do them for a living are respectful members of society. However, there are those who look down their proverbial "better than others" noses at ones who earn their income by the sweat of their brows and the strength of their backs. And finally, I am fairly lazy and I appreciate those who can help me out when I need moving. I guess you had rather do all of that by yourself?

I have worked many laborious jobs from fast food to brick laborer, mason, and a factory job......it was a joke....try not to be so serious about life

Fair enough. I would've preferred a few other coaches before RB, but I think he's an upgrade over the last 2 coaches we've had here.

Cuonzo and Donnie are 2 totally different coaches with different philosophies. Cuonzo is more like Rick in that he depends on the athletes to just play their game and with enough good athletes, then the wins will come. This to me is the RTL style.

On the other hand, Donnie is more like Mears, DeVoe, and O'Neill. Not being blessed with 1st round draft picks, it was necessary to mold the guys together into a cohesive unit that could work together for the common good. The only problem that last years team had was the fact that they were handicapped by injuries and illness. Had it not been for those 2 factors, I believe that we would have gotten to a postseason tourney as well as a 2 game bye in the SECT.

With the firing, I believe Hart should have been searching for a coach more like Donnie and less like Rick. The reason that I say this is because I don't believe that Rick's philosophy is gonna be as successful with the makeup of this team. If he had coached last years team with that type of coaching, it is my opinion that we would not have won even 10 games.

Cuonzo and Donnie are 2 totally different coaches with different philosophies. Cuonzo is more like Rick in that he depends on the athletes to just play their game and with enough good athletes, then the wins will come. This to me is the RTL style.

On the other hand, Donnie is more like Mears, DeVoe, and O'Neill. Not being blessed with 1st round draft picks, it was necessary to mold the guys together into a cohesive unit that could work together for the common good. The only problem that last years team had was the fact that they were handicapped by injuries and illness. Had it not been for those 2 factors, I believe that we would have gotten to a postseason tourney as well as a 2 game bye in the SECT.

With the firing, I believe Hart should have been searching for a coach more like Donnie and less like Rick. The reason that I say this is because I don't believe that Rick's philosophy is gonna be as successful with the makeup of this team. If he had coached last years team with that type of coaching, it is my opinion that we would not have won even 10 games.

Maybe CDT should play RTL ball, his offense is horrible.

Last edited:
I think you've got that backwards! Defense is awful! League does not translate to D1 bb.

I read your question wrong, please excuse. You are right, even when Donnie shot the ball over 55 times a game he could only hit 28% of his shots. He needed to practice more lol!

Cause people keep feeding 2 trolls.

Sticking ones head in the sand keeps one living in an ideal world until they must face the reality of facts. Then it becomes a blame game. Like the old saying goes "he who can laugh and joke when all goes wrong is the one who has found someone to blame it on".

so..................... this Ebuka guy..... Anybody heard anything lately? just saying

VN Store

Back