Charlotte Decommit Ebuka Izundu 6'10 PF (Miami commit)

Good, I can say it now. Hiring Oliver and not keeping Pinkins was a mistake. I spent about 45 minutes with Oliver. Not impressed.

Reactions: 2 people
Oliver made a very good impression in his interview yesterday. He also has a pretty big black book with lots of contacts having been at UGA for five years.

I would have had no problem keeping Pinkins but Barnes seems to have a " team" approach in recruiting so Oliver might be a better fit.

Reactions: 1 person
Pinkins is a great man. He did not fit for what coach wanted. Pinkins is more known for JV recruiting and we are not as a normal practice going down that route. We signed one this year because of our huge need for big men. But we will not be signing lots of JV players in the future. I wish Pinkins luck in the future except when he plays the vols!!!!

Pinkins is a great man. He did not fit for what coach wanted. Pinkins is more known for JV recruiting and we are not as a normal practice going down that route. We signed one this year because of our huge need for big men. But we will not be signing lots of JV players in the future. I wish Pinkins luck in the future except when he plays the vols!!!!

Plus Kasongo isn't your typical JUCO player since he has 3 years of eligibility left to play. Most only have 2.

Good, I can say it now. Hiring Oliver and not keeping Pinkins was a mistake. I spent about 45 minutes with Oliver. Not impressed.
Dare I mention it? Also curious as to why Texas wanted Barnes to fire the assistants he brought with him and gave him the ultimatum.

Reactions: 2 people
Excuse me Senior Drill Barnes and his assistants led Texas to the NCAA Tourney this past season and left good ole Shaka a probable Sweet 16 team behind for this coming season!! Why do you think Shaka took the job? Do you think he takes the Texas job if he isn't left with a pot o gold so to speak? And the Texas AD is somewhat unstable and wild from what has been said. Get on board the CRB train SD!!

Dare I mention it? Also curious as to why Texas wanted Barnes to fire the assistants he brought with him and gave him the ultimatum.

Or maybe a tactic to get rid of Barnes like many experts have said? But you are SD the ultimate expert on anything Tyndall and anything Amit-Barnes so we shall believe you

Goodness this guy doesn't give up the hate. Go be a fan of free agent coaching pool since your lover Tyndall ,who got himself fired and basically black balled from NCAA, is not going to have a team for you to root for.

Barnes had hit something of a plateau at Texas. The AD wanted Barnes out. He didn't give a flip about the assistants. I think Barnes and his assistants come here with some renewed enthusiasm and with something to prove. The assistants interviews indicated as much.

Reactions: 4 people
We landed Turner because of Oliver, he's a better recruit than anything Pinkins brought us, just saying.

Pinkins was working under a ridiculous burden of investigation on Tyndall. Completely unfair comparison. I'm not a Pinkins water carrier, but I can see who has the better resume and track record when comparing the two.

Oh, was at UGA, where the team stunk and coach was fired.
Was at Charlotte, where the team stunk and coach was fired.

Last edited:
Oliver was not at Texas with Barnes.....smh
Didn't say he was. Just wondering if something similar to the Tyndall assistants could have been going on with the Barnes assistants since they were under pressure to produce a winner. We didn't know about the other until 7 months after Tyndall was hired. Barnes could not have known a thing about it. Then again, maybe as someone said the AD was unstable. At Texas?

VN Store

Back