Candace Parker left off team USA for Rio olympics

Geno Auriemma lawsuit tossed by judge in New York Geno has lots of friends in high places. This lady requested that some of the players on that team be interviewed because she stated some of them knew about the sexual harassment. NONE of those players were EVER questioned! Six of the twelve team members were UConn players. Other than being a womanizer, a cheat, a jerk, a walking turd...he's a nice guy...

I know this is not what y'all wanna hear but blaming Geno doesn't make sense, as EDD probably dissed Geno more than anyone and you can bet she will be on the team, I would be asking who is it at USA that doesn't like Parker right now!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I wouldn't want to go to Rio nowadays anyway.
The water's filthy with pollution.
Disease is rampant, and the crime rate is off the charts.
Aside from that, there's no funding to clean up the contamination.
Other than that, it's a wonderful place to spend time, though.

Reactions: 1 person
UConn fan, you know this stinks. You guys come here and post and most of us are civil to you guys, (not all) but this is pure wrong favoritism by Geno.

Parker is a warrior on the court and is not a vocal fan of Geno. That is the bottom line.

I've never heard of anything negative she's said about him. Finding something she's done wrong is close to impossible.

Maybe it's not too late for her to play for Russia? If she did, not sure who I'd cheer for. Guess I'd never cheer against USA with Catch on their team, but, man, this makes me feel like "F USA basketball."

I know this is not what y'all wanna hear but blaming Geno doesn't make sense, as EDD probably dissed Geno more than anyone and you can bet she will be on the team, I would be asking who is it at USA that doesn't like Parker right now!!!!

EDD won't overshadow the Con players.

Who doesn't like CP? That would be Geno A.

That is the stance that I would expect a UConn fan to take but it just doesn't hold water. The head coach has input here. He would not allow such a snub of Maya Moore to happen. He wants to load down the team with UConn players and keep Tennessee and Notre Dame players off the team. Blaming Geno makes perfect sense. It's consistent with his past behavior to be this petty and vindictive. If you want to be among Geno apologists, I'm sure you will find at least a few on the Boneyard.

I owe this quote to a fellow poster who summed up a certain situation once with this statement..."I wouldn't piss on his head if his brains were on fire." :eek:

While Geno does not name the team, I think it is a sure bet he gets veto power. He can say a player is "uncoachable" and he probably has the Olympic committee agree that if he is the coach, he will not have any "uncoachable" players on "his" team.

What a slap in the face to a great player! I cannot believe Olympic basketball USA is willing to bow down to the "great man" like this!

While Geno does not name the team, I think it is a sure bet he gets veto power. He can say a player is "uncoachable" and he probably has the Olympic committee agree that if he is the coach, he will not have any "uncoachable" players on "his" team.

What a slap in the face to a great player! I cannot believe Olympic basketball USA is willing to bow down to the "great man" like this!

I don't buy that either. He doesn't name the team by himself but he has as much input as anyone. Coach K certainly did name the men's team along with Jerry Colangelo in 2008 and 2012. Once again, he would not allow a snub of a UConn player.

I won't. F the Olympics and f that little gee no cheater.
Um, so Handbag Queen, let me get this straight. The cheating Olympic coach always picks his\her team and the committee just goes along with it, right? So in 1984 when Pat Coached that first and her one and only Dream Team with Kim getting to practice the jacket-tossing antics at an early date, Pat also got to pick the team, right? It had no Tennessee or obviously UConn players (no FF until 1991) on it, but Pat was the one doing the picking? The committee just said, "Whatever you want, Pat." Just clueless as always.

Here's the group that does the selections

Women's National Team Player Selection Committee
Carol Callan (USA Basketball)
Reneé Brown (WNBA)
Dan Hughes (WNBA)
Chris Sienko (WNBA)
Katie Smith (Athlete Representative)

Are any of them the cheating and stupid officials alleged here? Not sure about that or what the reason for excluding Parker could possibly be since she seems now to be over the injuries from the first part of WNBA 2015. But Geno himself has expressed some puzzlement at times about the squad he's given, even if a half-loaded squad would still be the favorite, so spew on, but as always, just clueless.

Reactions: 3 people
Um, so Handbag Queen, let me get this straight. The cheating Olympic coach always picks his\her team and the committee just goes along with it, right? So in 1984 when Pat Coached that first and her one and only Dream Team with Kim getting to practice the jacket-tossing antics at an early date, Pat also got to pick the team, right? It had no Tennessee or obviously UConn players (no FF until 1991) on it, but Pat was the one doing the picking? The committee just said, "Whatever you want, Pat." Just clueless as always.

Reneé Brown (WNBA)
Dan Hughes (WNBA)
Chris Sienko (WNBA)

Are any of them the cheating and stupid officials alleged here? Not sure about that or what the reason for excluding Parker could possibly be since she seems now to be over the injuries from the first part of WNBA 2015. But Geno himself has expressed some puzzlement at times about the squad he's given, even if a half-loaded squad would still be the favorite, so spew on, but as always, just clueless.

Van Chancellor famously said the first time he saw Sue Bird at one of his USA practices, he put her on the team. If Geno wanted CP, she'd be on the team. Geno didn't want her on the team.

Van Chancellor famously said the first time he saw Sue Bird at one of his USA practices, he put her on the team. If Geno wanted CP, she'd be on the team. Geno didn't want her on the team.

+10000000000000000000000...Geno defenders patrol this board far better than the guys guarding our Southern boarder with Mexico! Show up anytime Geno is taken to task!

Reneé Brown (WNBA)
Dan Hughes (WNBA)
Chris Sienko (WNBA)

It is just ignorant to contrast 1984 with current times. Yes, it was Pat Summitt's decision (with some input from Kay Yow - her top assistant) as to who was on the 1984 team because it wasn't just handpicked. There was no 'committee' in 1984! There were actual tryouts with competitive practices held (and Cindy Noble of Tenn was on the squad and deservedly so). Bob Knight handled the selection of the 1984 men's team and famously snubbed Charles Barkley and John Stockton in favor of guys like Jeff Turner and Leon Wood. Times have changed. Now, teams are handpicked without actual tryouts but the head coach does have as much input as anyone.

Last edited:
USA Basketball
5465 Mark Dabling Boulevard
Colorado Springs, CO 80918-3842
Telephone: 719-590-4800
Fax: 719-590-4811

Jim Tooley CEO
Carol Callan Director, women's team.

Write them. Give them a piece of your mind. Let's flood them with letters of disgust.

USA Basketball

Jim Tooley CEO

Write them. Give them a piece of your mind. Let's flood them with letters of disgust.

USA Basketball

Jim Tooley CEO

Any chance you have can get their email addresses? I'd bet you would get about 1000X the responses.

+10000000000000000000000...Geno defenders patrol this board far better than the guys guarding our Southern boarder with Mexico! Show up anytime Geno is taken to task!

I guess I need to correct my spelling of "boarder"...yes, it's BORDER...UConn trolls will be on me like flies on a cow's arse on a hot, muggy, summer day!:salute:

Of course he does! The UConn fans on here such as DR2 that are bringing up 1984 are just ignorant. That was a different time! There was no American professional league to draw from and tryouts were held... and yes, the head coach had full authority over the team. This snub of Parker would have been the equivalent of Pat leaving Cheryl Miller off the team in 1984 (but she didn't). Pat had class.

To UConn fans: Read former Olympian Tina Thompson's tweet. She understands the selection process and it's pretty clear who she blames for this snub... and she is not a former Lady Vol simply bitter at Geno.

This is bad press not only on the committee but Geno as well, no matter how one looks at it. Everybody and their mama is blaming Geno.....GOOD!!!! Hope if kills their recruiting, and recruits see how big of an a** he is!!!

USA Basketball

Jim Tooley CEO

Thank you!

I called and left a message for Carol Callan. I stated that I am a women bball fan and wanted to know why Candace Parker was left off the 2016 Olympic squad. CLICK!

Reneé Brown (WNBA)
Dan Hughes (WNBA)
Chris Sienko (WNBA)

There were actually two Tennessee players on the 1984 USA Women's Olympic team. Cindy Noble and Lea Henry (who I forgot about in an above post). This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read on this forum. There was no selection committee in 1984. There were tryouts held with the selections made by Pat Summitt and Kay Yow. You are indeed, the clueless one on here it seems.

VN Store

Back