Candace Parker left off team USA for Rio olympics

linkster...happy? Sanctimonious, holier-than-thou, self-satisfied, smug, priggish, rude, pious, moralizing, preachy, superior, hypocritical, insecure, angry, anxious, self-righteous, - These are all adjectives that describe linkster. But happy? Nooo.

Can you imagine the mess he'll be when uconn stumbles and falls?

When!... Not "if"

I am on my own thread because posting on the "recruiting and Candace" posts was brought to my attention as not being part of the subject matter, therefor in bad taste.

But for sake of argument:

Go back and look at their "impressive" schedule...Look at their conference in the Sagarin ratings: 1 uconn, 19 USF, 41 Temple, 70 Tulane, 101 memphis, 113 E Car, 129 SMU, 136 Tulsa, 212 UCF, 222 Cincy, 225 Houston. And how badly he beat them, knowing they were no competition. Cincy 107-45, SMU 90-37, Tulsa 94-30... If I am a 220 lb athlete and fighting a 98 lb nerd,,,, I've shown nothing. . . When they finally did get to play someone it was 20 and 30 point wins. Still impressive,but if they had had any competition throughout the year, they would come in beat up like the rest of the field.
Omg- if they were playing 30-35 minutes vs better teams vs the conference seeker schedule, I don't think anything would have changed. When they were in the old Big East, they used to beat, NC, Duke, MD and other teams heavily laden with as many all Americans as we had. Those games were usually 25-30 pts by half time too. Sorry for deviating from the thread and demonstrating bad taste- but I thought I RSVP'd to comments In a prior quote-yours I think?

Omg- if they were playing 30-35 minutes vs better teams vs the conference seeker schedule, I don't think anything would have changed. When they were in the old Big East, they used to beat, NC, Duke, MD and other teams heavily laden with as many all Americans as we had. Those games were usually 25-30 pts by half time too. Sorry for deviating from the thread and demonstrating bad taste- but I thought I RSVP'd to comments In a prior quote-yours I think?

Have they not yet learned how to make one of these poster boards up there in Connectthedots?,,, Yawn.

Reactions: 1 person
Okay Linkster, I see the light. Candace Parker is a megalomaniac prima donna who no one likes and would never have even made the roster at Uconn, even at her very best. Her many awards, championships, and accolades are all due to political correctness, not merit. Her stellar career numbers are irrelevant hearsay and not facts because if she were that good, Geno would have chosen her for the team. Since she was not chosen, she is not that good. This "fact" is true by definition because Geno is a saint who rises about crass motivations and petty politics. Plus, the selection committee simply was looking out for the interest of US women's basketball and politics or bias played no role in CP3's omission.

Happy? Now, please go away........

Don't let the trolls wear you down, Madtown
CP3 is no prima donna. And she has told us why she was dropped from team USA - it was because of Geno. That's obvious from her throw-back-Thursday video. It's not news to anybody the Geno has a big, short-man's ego, takes offense over nothing and everything. It's not your problem, it's their, so let 'em weasel. Put him on ignore.

Reactions: 4 people
Don't let the trolls wear you down, Madtown
CP3 is no prima donna. And she has told us why she was dropped from team USA - it was because of Geno. That's obvious from her throw-back-Thursday video. It's not news to anybody the Geno has a big, short-man's ego, takes offense over nothing and everything. It's not your problem, it's their, so let 'em weasel. Put him on ignore.

Thanks Volly and LvJeff (in another response). But I am not worn down. I think it is tragically comical that someone keeps trying to convince people on a LV FAN BOARD that Candace Parker is really not all that; that she did not serve a spot on the Olympic team; and that Geno is a saint. I mean really? Anyway, I am off to a Paul McCartney fan gathering where I will insist very loudly and dogmatically that John Lennon was the talented one. I am sure my assertions will be very well received :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
I am on my own thread because posting on the "recruiting and Candace" posts was brought to my attention as not being part of the subject matter, therefor in bad taste.

But for sake of argument:

Go back and look at their "impressive" schedule...Look at their conference in the Sagarin ratings: 1 uconn, 19 USF, 41 Temple, 70 Tulane, 101 memphis, 113 E Car, 129 SMU, 136 Tulsa, 212 UCF, 222 Cincy, 225 Houston. And how badly he beat them, knowing they were no competition. Cincy 107-45, SMU 90-37, Tulsa 94-30... If I am a 220 lb athlete and fighting a 98 lb nerd,,,, I've shown nothing. . . When they finally did get to play someone it was 20 and 30 point wins. Still impressive,but if they had had any competition throughout the year, they would come in beat up like the rest of the field.

You really shouldn't have gone there coach.

I don't think any UConn wbb fan is happy with the AAC. You are right, there is almost no competition. But while I've read comments like yours I've also read that the weak competition would prevent UConn from remaining sharp once the NCAA's started.

When they finally did get to play someone it was 20 and 30 point wins.

Not exactly.

The first team they faced after their conference games ended that was "somebody" was the second place SEC team, Miss St.

UConn 98 - Miss St 38

In that game none of UConn's starters played more than 28 minutes. (It was 84-20 after 3 periods and it could have easily been an 80 point win if Geno wanted to run it up) The AAC may not be very skilled and talented but they played UConn very physically. All of them.

I also remember UConn 86 LSU 40. That was the same LSU team that beat Tenn?

That about says it all as far as the level of play in the SEC. Sure, better than the AAC, but totally outclassed by UConn.

As far as UConn eventually falling, that will probably coincide with Geno's retirement. I have no illusions as to what will happen. I only hope I don't act like a bitter fan, throwing mud out of frustration at whomever replaces them at the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Thanks Volly and LvJeff (in another response). But I am not worn down. I think it is tragically comical that someone keeps trying to convince people on a LV FAN BOARD that Candace Parker is really not all that; that she did not serve a spot on the Olympic team; and that Geno is a saint. I mean really? Anyway, I am off to a Paul McCartney fan gathering where I will insist very loudly and dogmatically that John Lennon was the talented one. I am sure my assertions will be very well received :)

Love is all you need! :)

I don't think any UConn wbb fan is happy with the AAC. You are right, there is almost no competition. But while I've read comments like yours I've also read that the weak competition would prevent UConn from remaining sharp once the NCAA's started.

Not exactly.

The first team they faced after their conference games ended that was "somebody" was the second place SEC team, Miss St.

UConn 98 - Miss St 38

In that game none of UConn's starters played more than 28 minutes. (It was 84-20 after 3 periods and it could have easily been an 80 point win if Geno wanted to run it up) The AAC may not be very skilled and talented but they played UConn very physically. All of them.

That about says it all as far as the level of play in the SEC. Sure, better than the AAC, but totally outclassed by UConn.

As far as UConn eventually falling, that will probably coincide with Geno's retirement. I have no illusions as to what will happen. I only hope I don't act like a bitter fan, throwing mud out of frustration at whomever replaces them at the top.

I was speaking of tournament time.Miss St is not our SEC top representative.

Not exactly.

UConn 98 - Miss St 38

I was speaking of tournament time.The Miss St is not our SEC top representative. Until someone knocks us fully off, we are. An argument can be made for SC,but until they stay there for more than a couple of years, I can't call them the new "best"... This year, UT will establish dominance once again. I know these girls will work their butts off this summer to get back to the top... I KNOW!

Last edited:
I was speaking of tournament time.Miss St is not our SEC top representative.

No, they were the second best.

It was you who made comments about the AAC. I agree with those but wanted to point out that the SEC didn't do any better in the tournament. I believe you said that after the AAC conference blowouts were over and UConn faced better competition the MOV's shrunk to 20-30 pts. Miss St was the second place SEC team and the MOV was 60 points.

Frankly i don't see what all this has to do with Parker but you brought it up, not me.

Last edited:
No, they were the second best.

It was you who made comments about the AAC. I agree with those but wanted to point out that the SEC didn't do any better in the tournament. I believe you said that after the AAC conference blowouts were over and UConn faced better competition the MOV's shrunk to 20-30 pts. Miss St was the second place SEC team and the MOV was 60 points.

Frankly i don't see what all this has to do with Parker but you brought it up, not me.

And hopefully now we can lay it to rest.

It amazes me that some posters can honestly try to cook a case for the Parker decision. She surely belongs on the team, is one of best players ever, and it is a joy to watch her perform.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back