Can we take down the Creighton Gang?

At first thought, I agreed that you were spot on with this assesment nodding in agreement. However, I think Aidoo can run with their slowest forward or guard with those long legs. Awaka can definitely keep up with Kalkbrenner. If so, they don't run UT out of the gym! Two bigs could give UT a big rebounding advantage as long as they box out correctly and move like they are on fire!
That’s what I was thinking. Aidoo play further out on the taller shooters with Awaka in the middle. Aidoo can block shots but fumbles rebounds. On O I think Kalkbrenner will intimidate him, so put Aidoo at the key to draw him out and feed Awaka underneath. Not saying we start like this, all depends on if we’re hitting our shots early on.

That’s what I was thinking. Aidoo play further out on the taller shooters with Awaka in the middle. Aidoo can block shots but fumbles rebounds. On O I think Kalkbrenner will intimidate him, so put Aidoo at the key to draw him out and feed Awaka underneath. Not saying we start like this, all depends on if we’re hitting our shots early on.

Yes, I think there is something to be gained offensively from this high/low look with Aidoo and Awaka. But not sure it would work defensively
against Creighton, which has the one big plus four guys that move well and move a lot, and all can hit 3s. They don't take quick shots; make you work pretty hard defensively, and having our 2 bigs chasing guys around in man defense would be difficult.

Yes, I think there is something to be gained offensively from this high/low look with Aidoo and Awaka. But not sure it would work defensively
against Creighton, which has the one big plus four guys that move well and move a lot, and all can hit 3s. They don't take quick shots; make you work pretty hard defensively, and having our 2 bigs chasing guys around in man defense would be difficult.
This is the main reason you won’t see them on the floor at the same time very much in this game, if any at all.

It seems like when we talk about 6'11" and 7'1", 30 pounds would be equivalent to 10 or 15 pounds for someone 6', which isn't that much. Or is that not the case?
I agree that's probably the case. I guess my point was that when Aidoo gets outsized or played physical he gets intimidated or at least it seems that way. I'm hoping he'll just be locked in on this game and take it to him, size advantage or not.

Reactions: EasternVol
But do you really think Barnes is going to let it come to a shootout? This is a game WE are going to have to muddy up, like St. Peter’s tried and Texas did successfully to us.

If Alabama, Auburn, etc are any indication, I like our chances.

Reactions: EasternVol and sami
The coaches do choose the lineup and I suggested that’s what we’ll see based on what I’ve watched this season. But I’ll make sure to send over my posts to you in the future for approval before hitting send.
I'm sure Barnes has toyed with idea of starting either Mashack, and bringing Santi in as the 6th man, or starting Awaka and bringing JJJ off the bench. That would be cool with me because I would trust Barnes knows what he is doing

I'm sure Barnes has toyed with idea of starting either Mashack, and bringing Santi in as the 6th man, or starting Awaka and bringing JJJ off the bench. That would be cool with me because I would trust Barnes knows what he is doing
Oh I 100% trust that Barnes knows what he’s doing. I do think we’re far enough along tho to know that Barnes isn’t going to change the starting lineup. It hasn’t changed pretty much all year.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Oh I 100% trust that Barnes knows what he’s doing. I do think we’re far enough along tho to know that Barnes isn’t going to change the starting lineup. It hasn’t changed pretty much all year.
The greatest curveball of all time might be starting Aidoo and Awaka together against Purdue IF we both win our SS games

Reactions: feathersax
But do you really think Barnes is going to let it come to a shootout? This is a game WE are going to have to muddy up, like St. Peter’s tried and Texas did successfully to us.

If Alabama, Auburn, etc are any indication, I like our chances.

Agree with this. Creighton lives and dies with the 3 and a very patient and efficient half court offense, and they don't rebound exceptionally well. I think we beat them by chasing them off the 3 pt. line, controlling the boards, and running off of misses, trying to get some good early offense looks. They only go six deep and don't commit a lot of fouls, so getting them into a rock fight definitely takes them out of their comfort zone.

GBO!!!

Tobe Awaka...bringing the STARE!

Attachments

• Tobe Awaka postgame.jpg
    Tobe Awaka postgame.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 4
The comparison to Alabama STOPS on the offensive end, and really with the 3. They do not speed the game up. That similarity lies outside the arc.

Capture.PNG

VN Store

Back