Can we take down the Creighton Gang?

I’ve enjoyed this season for what we have accomplished so far winning the SEC and earning an 2 seed it’s been a great season. And I won’t be too upset if we lose Friday night and yes I’m expecting a loss. I just hope Bama doesn’t beat Carolina.

I’ve enjoyed this season for what we have accomplished so far winning the SEC and earning an 2 seed it’s been a great season. And I won’t be too upset if we lose Friday night and yes I’m expecting a loss. I just hope Bama doesn’t beat Carolina.
I will be crushed. I won’t hate on Barnes or the team and will appreciate the season, but I will be crushed. I don’t want it to be over. Waited so many years (decades) for a final 4, and when it gets this close, it’s hard when the dream ends.

Didn't Providence beat them twice this season? If so, I'm calling in Kim English for some in-depth scouting.
I heard Coach Barnes on radio this morning when it was suggested to have that conversation with Coach English. CRB said something to effect CKE has his players and his style and so what works for them but we have different players. He also did acknowledge they watch those games but also the ones like Creighton dismantling UCONN. There are loads of games to pick apart Creightons identity. His answer satisfied me.

Bama has the tougher task than Vols but think we can win with everyone playing well. If Knect is hot we can beat them with a good supporting cast. Won't be sad to see AL go home.

Reactions: FlVols
I feel pretty good about this one. For some reason, I would've felt worse about Oregon. I think losing to teams like FAU and Loyola Chicago in the past did me in. You feel like the bracket opens up with lower seeds winning, and then BAM—you're gone.

This would be my long term reaction, however I'll be pretty down if we lose. We have to get over this S16 hump and so does Barnes. We have 1 and it was 14 years ago.

Certainly capable if they can manage to match the shooting percentage for the season and not this past game. Creighton has a center who is over 7 foot I think and has a decent shot. Have to contain him as well. Fingers crossed that our guys down low can start finishing strong too.

I can almost guarantee Creighton will not shoot the same percentage from 3 they did in the 1st 2 NCAA games. I can guarantee the Vols will not shoot as bad as they did last game, how could they? This can go 3 ways, Vols by 20, Vols by small margin or Creighton by small margin. 2 out of 3 ways favor the Vols.

I will be crushed. I won’t hate on Barnes or the team and will appreciate the season, but I will be crushed. I don’t want it to be over. Waited so many years (decades) for a final 4, and when it gets this close, it’s hard when the dream ends.
This. I’m 52 yrs old and crave a TN championship in football and/or basketball. We had the talent with Grant, Admiral, Bone, etc. but came up short. I have a feeling the window is closing and this will be our best opportunity to make a deep run.

I’m embarrassed to say that I was yelling at the TV during the Texas game and thought for sure we’d give the game away. I’m hopeful we will prevail but can’t help thinking that we will get knocked off Friday or Sunday. Hope not!

I can almost guarantee Creighton will not shoot the same percentage from 3 they did in the 1st 2 NCAA games. I can guarantee the Vols will not shoot as bad as they did last game, how could they? This can go 3 ways, Vols by 20, Vols by small margin or Creighton by small margin. 2 out of 3 ways favor the Vols.
I think it will come down to the last minute of the game, possibly the last possession.

Hopefully we are the last team standing this time around.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back