Cameron Sutton in trouble

If he had turned himself in and sought help maybe he could have played again but I’d say now his career is over

Anybody can mark and bruise themselves up enough for an initial arrest. Many an innocent person has spent time in jail due to a cagey vindictive spouse and or girl/boy friend. Again, I'll await adjudication before jumping to conclusions one way or the other. Feel free to make public your judgements and punishments for Cam who has never been in previous trouble for all we know.

If he choked her, as is alleged, it would be pretty impossible for her to fake those injuries.

The hand size will be noticeably different. So unless you think she conspired with another man to choke her badly enough to leave marks in an attempt to shake down Sutton, then it seems pretty clear what happened.

Man. This is terrible. I hope she gets the justice she deserves, and that Cam gets some help. Really hope he hasn't attempted to hurt himself.

Reactions: BUCCnVOLfan
They said he was seen “fleeing the scene”. That’s literally “on the run”.
What an idiot! Definitely not projecting innocence when you do that! My reactions are to OP's original post. I haven't researched this any further.

I just hope Cam's not unalive. Not sure why anyone with his means would hide even if he did something wrong. This is not murder. Just another woman claiming DV.

What an idiot! Definitely not projecting innocence when you do that! My reactions are to OP's original post. I haven't researched this any further.
Yeah, as I’ve said, sometimes these things do end up being a scorned partner or something like that, but the response doesn’t look great. Turning off the phone (presumably to avoid being tracked down) and then being unreachable just isn’t the best look. With that kind of money, I’d think you’d hire a great lawyer and get out in front, vowing to fight the charges and proclaim innocence. I don’t know, it’s all optics right now. I certainly hope it isn’t what it looks like and what police say it is. If it is true, they can nail him and I’ll cheer along the way.

I just hope Cam's not unalive. Not sure why anyone with his means would hide even if he did something wrong. This is not murder. Just another woman claiming DV.
I hope he’s alive too, I don’t know anything about him to know if he’s make a rash and permanent decision in a moment like that. The longer time goes by without him turning up, the worse it looks. Unless he took a ton of money out and left the country, which seems extreme, he has to show up soon.

Why is he on the run if he’s innocent?
I don't think he should run, except to a police station to reduce his chance of being shot on sight purely due his epidermis hue. But I can sort of see why he'd try making himself scarce. You're automatically viewed as a threat, and become hunted, armed or not. In that sense, I find it hard to blame him for getting out of sight. Heading directly to a station could greatly reduce whatever stigma this incident has created.

Last edited:
Hitting women/kids etc...I can't even comprehend it. It doesn't register and I don't understand what could possibly compel someone to do it.
Women are human beings. Some humans are so wonderful, you might think they are angels walking among us. Some are so warped, they'd make Satan look like a choir boy singing Kumbaya. Some humans do things that give you no option except self-defense. So much so, even cops have to hit or worse. Not a one of us are perfect, male or female. I do think some of us are a bit less imperfect than some others. They are usually the ones who lack common sense and/pr empathy or a conscience. Whatever occurred, I hope Sutton and this woman end up well, and probably best if they each go their separate ways forevermore. Have productive lives.

Now, rjd970, as I said, some humans, and yes, that includes women, can create situations that give you no option but self-defense. I don't like that, but there is no one size fits all, much as I wish there was.
[Woman Charged in Slaying Over Kiss Snub
['I strangled him. It feels so good': Woman who killed man she met through dating app guilty of manslaughter

Last edited:
Reactions: igotworms
This is awful for the victim. I have a poor memory and Google didn't reveal anything relevant but has Sutton had legal trouble before this instance? With all that we are learning about Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) I wonder how many of these athletes are dealing with some major unaddressed trauma before situations like this pop up. If this is the first instance, I'd love for the athlete to get significant help and an opportunity to regain his life/name.

What I am not saying: "Cam should get a pass because of cte"

Also, it's a bit funny that a thread about Cameron Sutton being in trouble has become a 3-page social commentary on whether men should hit women or not. I'd like to virtue signal that I'm firmly in the "don't hit women camp"

Any child in my path can catch these hands though (for any reason)

If he choked her, as is alleged, it would be pretty impossible for her to fake those injuries.

The hand size will be noticeably different. So unless you think she conspired with another man to choke her badly enough to leave marks in an attempt to shake down Sutton, then it seems pretty clear what happened.
Again that has happened before.

I do however agree it’s more likely Sutton had a terrible lapse in judgment. I just do not jump to conclusions these days though. Some of yall act like you’ve never met an insane female, not saying that’s what we have here but i’m not taking a side until I see and hear more .

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
This is awful for the victim. I have a poor memory and Google didn't reveal anything relevant but has Sutton had legal trouble before this instance? With all that we are learning about Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) I wonder how many of these athletes are dealing with some major unaddressed trauma before situations like this pop up. If this is the first instance, I'd love for the athlete to get significant help and an opportunity to regain his life/name.

What I am not saying: "Cam should get a pass because of cte"
Np, not a pass. I admit to being narrow-minded about that. Same thing with vaping, DUI/DWI, etc. There has been too much media, discourses, cautions, advisories and more about CTE. You know you are in a profession or activity where it is likely. You know enough about signs it exhibits, thus enough to seek diagnosis and professional help. Plus, as a NFL player, you got the money for insurance or outright pay for medical assistance. If you choose to ignore all that, I say no pass. In my book, ignorance is simply not knowing something. Arrogance is knowing but not caring enough to act on what you know.

Reactions: jacklikesbeans
Women are human beings. Some humans are so wonderful, you might think they are angels walking among us. Some are so warped, they'd make Satan look like a choir boy singing Kumbaya. Some humans do things that give you no option except self-defense. So much so, even cops have to hit or worse. Not a one of us are perfect, male or female. I do think some of us are a bit less imperfect than some others. They are usually the ones who lack common sense and/pr empathy or a conscience. Whatever occurred, I hope Sutton and this woman end up well, and probably best if they each go their separate ways forevermore. Have productive lives.

Now, rjd970, as I said, some humans, and yes, that includes women, can create situations that give you no option but self-defense. I don't like that, but there is no one size fits all, much as I wish there was.
[Woman Charged in Slaying Over Kiss Snub
['I strangled him. It feels so good': Woman who killed man she met through dating app guilty of manslaughter
Look up Liz Goylar as well. Netflix series on her if you don’t want to spoil it watch that one first. Guys are crazy sometimes but if you ever have a woman off the deep end they can pull off some pretty remarkable and elaborate social manipulation to make their case.

I will add it’s probably not the case here and we don’t want to blame the victim but at the same time some weird crap has happened in the past let’s pump the brakes on passing judgment till we know more. (Wasn’t necessarily aimed at you Woodsman but I felt the disclaimer was needed for those thinking I’m victim blaming.)

Np, not a pass. I admit to being narrow-minded about that. Same thing with vaping, DUI/DWI, etc. There has been too much media, discourses, cautions, advisories and more about CTE. You know you are in a profession or activity where it is likely. You know enough about signs it exhibits, thus enough to seek diagnosis and professional help. Plus, as a NFL player, you got the money for insurance or outright pay for medical assistance. If you choose to ignore all that, I say no pass. In my book, ignorance is simply not knowing something. Arrogance is knowing but not caring enough to act on what you know.

You make good points! Personally, I'm able to see trouble in others far earlier than my ego will allow me to see trouble in myself. "I'm not that bad, I can handle this on my own". Regardless, I agree that in the end we are responsible for our own behavior and seeking help before it hurts others.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Look up Liz Goylar as well. Netflix series on her if you don’t want to spoil it watch that one first. Guys are crazy sometimes but if you ever have a woman off the deep end they can pull off some pretty remarkable and elaborate social manipulation to make their case.

I will add it’s probably not the case here and we don’t want to blame the victim but at the same time some weird crap has happened in the past let’s pump the brakes on passing judgment till we know more. (Wasn’t necessarily aimed at you Woodsman but I felt the disclaimer was needed for those thinking I’m victim blaming.)
I know her case, it was all over the news for a while. Just shows that women are humans like men. Thus, are capable great good, or great evil, whichever trail we choose to march upon.

I took his comment to mean a man SHOULD never hit a woman unless his life is in imminent danger, not that it never happens. The should was implied.
I took his comment to mean a man SHOULD never hit a woman unless his life is in imminent danger, not that it never happens. The should was implied.

I did also. There is likely some miscommunication on how he worded it

If he has CTE, you never know how a person will react to an incident. So I hope he's alive as well. Unless he preplanned and has a Kelty or Jansport backpack and necessary wilderness travel, they will find him. Turning off your phone may buy some time, but if you keep using your vehicle, here's something a lot of folks don't know. Law enforcement, with the cooperation of vehicle dealers has a tracking unit installed in cars, I think from 2005 to now. It's illegal, but they still do it anyway. I plan this summer to explore YouTube for my vehicle and learn to remove it. I don't like this Big Brother stuff. Hate seeing a Vol in sich trouble.

Reactions: Volatile68
If he has CTE, you never know how a person will react to an incident. So I hope he's alive as well. Unless he preplanned and has a Kelty or Jansport backpack and necessary wilderness travel, they will find him. Turning off your phone may buy some time, but if you keep using your vehicle, here's something a lot of folks don't know. Law enforcement, with the cooperation of vehicle dealers has a tracking unit installed in cars, I think from 2005 to now. It's illegal, but they still do it anyway. I plan this summer to explore YouTube for my vehicle and learn to remove it. I don't like this Big Brother stuff. Hate seeing a Vol in sich trouble.

A Vol that put himself in this position. You are doing your best to give him an excuse. Just stop

You are one weird cat

VN Store

Back